Abid Adeel

Applying for I-130 after entering the US.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, Abid Adeel said:

So I am thinking what if I get married without filing for marriage paperwork, get a K-1 visa and then officially do court marriage in the US and apply for the I-130 paperwork once she is in the US. Is there a chance that they will know that we are married before hand without official paperwork? Does this usually work that easily?

We are not assuming. You literally said that you were planning on marrying abroad, not file “the marriage paperwork”, get a K1 visa and then do a court marriage. That is illegal and fraudulent. K3s are obsolete. So you have two ways of doing this: get married abroad, and file for a CR-1/IR-1 visa. Your spouse has to wait outside of the US; you can either wait with them or return to the US. 
Or, you can petition them for a K1 visa. Once the visa is granted, they have 90 days to fly to the US, get married, and file for AOS

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

11 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

This was unnecessary... Op gets the point

With so many inaccuracies and misconceptions about the entire US immigration process in the original post, that’s a mighty big assumption.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Abid Adeel said:

Thank you everyone for the responses. From what I have gathered is, my only way to do this is by going through the official I-130 form. I was only asking for general information because I have heard stories about it. I figured this forum was there to make people understand and not assume they are about to do something. Sorry for any misunderstanding this has caused.

Also is there anyone who know about the K-3 visa does that still work?

No one "assumed" anything. You LITERALLY said in your first post that you are getting married in a month outside the country and you were going to file a K-1 instead of  CR-1 hoping immigration didn't discover your lie because you and your fiance can't "wait a long time" to be together. Do you think we can't read?

Don't lie to us because it's so not cool and don't even think about lying to immigration at any point during this process, it won't turn out well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cathi said:

No one "assumed" anything. You LITERALLY said in your first post that you are getting married in a month outside the country and you were going to file a K-1 instead of  CR-1 hoping immigration didn't discover your lie because you and your fiance can't "wait a long time" to be together. Do you think we can't read?

Don't lie to us because it's so not cool and don't even think about lying to immigration at any point during this process, it won't turn out well.

Exactly. And OP had the nerve of saying we were assuming something. I guess they thought they’d found support in here to do something illegal. That happens when you don’t read the TOS.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to What Visa DO I Need, from K1 P&P - the OP has not started any process yet and plans to marry soon.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

On 7/8/2021 at 3:37 AM, Abid Adeel said:

Hi, I had a question that I hope someone can help in answering. I am thinking of applying for the K-1 visa for my fiance. 

I am getting married in a month outside the US. I know the I-130 process is about 18 months or longer at this point and thats too long for both of us. I know the K-1 right now takes about 5-6 months to get. 

So I am thinking what if I get married without filing for marriage paperwork, get a K-1 visa and then officially do court marriage in the US and apply for the I-130 paperwork once she is in the US. Is there a chance that they will know that we are married before hand without official paperwork? Does this usually work that easily? Should I just go about it officially and wait for 18 months? I am sure they will see the pictures and all but we can claim that obviously we had events for our engagement and all but there is no official marriage paperwork to show we are married at that point.

Please let me know how I can go about this or if there is any other way?

Without reading any of the other responses: this is fraud and can get your fiancé banned for life from the US. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 7/8/2021 at 2:37 AM, Abid Adeel said:

Hi, I had a question that I hope someone can help in answering. I am thinking of applying for the K-1 visa for my fiance. 

I am getting married in a month outside the US. I know the I-130 process is about 18 months or longer at this point and thats too long for both of us. I know the K-1 right now takes about 5-6 months to get. 

So I am thinking what if I get married without filing for marriage paperwork, get a K-1 visa and then officially do court marriage in the US and apply for the I-130 paperwork once she is in the US. Is there a chance that they will know that we are married before hand without official paperwork? Does this usually work that easily? Should I just go about it officially and wait for 18 months? I am sure they will see the pictures and all but we can claim that obviously we had events for our engagement and all but there is no official marriage paperwork to show we are married at that point.

Please let me know how I can go about this or if there is any other way?

You are about the 100th person who has “thought” this would work

We’ve seen dozens of these silly schemes fail here.  Marry and file the I130 like you are supposed to.  What you are suggesting here is blatant fraud.

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.