397 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NYLondon said:

Sent in husbands I-751 yesterday, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  I didn't miss this at all the last couple of years.  Hopefully all goes smoothly.  Are they still doing interviews for everyone or has that changed?
Thank you!

Yeah, not fun at all 🤡 from what I’ve read in different forums, some of God’s favorites are getting their GC approved without an interview, most say is because of the amount of evidence sent, even divorce cases, so hopefully we’re part of that exclusive club of God’s favorites 🙏🏽 That’s why i made my package thicc, let’s all hope and pray 🤲🏽 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sellamalola said:

Yeah, not fun at all 🤡 from what I’ve read in different forums, some of God’s favorites are getting their GC approved without an interview, most say is because of the amount of evidence sent, even divorce cases, so hopefully we’re part of that exclusive club of God’s favorites 🙏🏽 That’s why i made my package thicc, let’s all hope and pray 🤲🏽 

My understanding is that usually if you had an interview for AOS and don't have a pending naturalization by the time they get to your case then you don't get an interview for ROC. However, given timelines (we were not surprisingly given a WAC #), I'm pretty much taking it as a given that Anastasia will have filed her N-400 before she gets her 10-year green card.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

24 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

My understanding is that usually if you had an interview for AOS and don't have a pending naturalization by the time they get to your case then you don't get an interview for ROC. However, given timelines (we were not surprisingly given a WAC #), I'm pretty much taking it as a given that Anastasia will have filed her N-400 before she gets her 10-year green card.

Ooooooooh ok so you literally answered a question I had about that, my service center is Vermont and it has a wait time of 18 approximately so a few months shy from citizenship qualification, so figured maybe I should just wait my auto renewal out and then send citizenship once 10 yr gc is handy 🙏🏽 Anything to avoid a secondary interview 🤣 my husband HATES immigration and he can’t believe they would dare to do a second interview 🤣 he says he rather have them come live with us for a month if they want any more proof our marriage being “real”

🤣🤣🤣🤣 we have a pullout couch 🤣

1 hour ago, Sellamalola said:

Ooooooooh ok so you literally answered a question I had about that, my service center is Vermont and it has a wait time of 18 approximately so a few months shy from citizenship qualification, so figured maybe I should just wait my auto renewal out and then send citizenship once 10 yr gc is handy 🙏🏽 Anything to avoid a secondary interview 🤣 my husband HATES immigration and he can’t believe they would dare to do a second interview 🤣 he says he rather have them come live with us for a month if they want any more proof our marriage being “real”

🤣🤣🤣🤣 we have a pullout couch 🤣

@Sellamalola

If you had an interview for AOS, then USCIS will likely waive your interview. However, they do interview a small percentage of couples who had an interview for AOS. They do that for quality assurance even if there are no fraud concerns. 

Filing the N-400 while your I-751 can help the process go a little bit faster. Most folks who do this end up having a combo interview I-751 and N-400. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

I filed June 28th and it arrived in AZ on June 30th. I never received a text, or email. My cheque hasn’t even been cashed. It’s been 3 weeks, and there’s been no movement. I had hoped that maybe it sat on someone’s desk that went on vacation, but I’m afraid I might be wrong. 
I’m prepared to send another package and maybe not use a cheque this time. 

Has anyone else experience this problem? If so, what did you do? 
I appreciate any help! 
Thanks!

4 hours ago, Nelson0308 said:

Has anyone received their noa1 in the mail already ?

Yes. Within 1 week of uscis receiving my package.

1 hour ago, Vicki Corpse said:

I filed June 28th and it arrived in AZ on June 30th. I never received a text, or email. My cheque hasn’t even been cashed. It’s been 3 weeks, and there’s been no movement. I had hoped that maybe it sat on someone’s desk that went on vacation, but I’m afraid I might be wrong. 
I’m prepared to send another package and maybe not use a cheque this time. 

Has anyone else experience this problem? If so, what did you do? 
I appreciate any help! 
Thanks!

No I sent check too.

2 hours ago, Anthonia said:

Yes. Within 1 week of uscis receiving my package.

Is that the NOA that has the extension on it or should I expect another one with the Statue of Liberty watermark 🤔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Got the text message on the 15th and the checks have been cashed as well.

The receipt number starts with “MSC” but I haven’t had the same time I had to research than when I sent the first application for the green card, so I don’t know if that’s a good news or bad news? 

Here we go again (can't say I missed this...) - Sent off the ROC package yesterday and expecting the NOA now (technically were eligible already in May, but circumstances made us wait until now to file). 

Hoping for a smooth journey and wishing you all the best of luck, fellow July-filers! 

Edited by Catseal

On 7/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, Sellamalola said:

Is that the NOA that has the extension on it or should I expect another one with the Statue of Liberty watermark 🤔

Yes. It has the statue of liberty watermark as well as 18 months extension.

13 hours ago, K-Kwette said:

Got the text message on the 15th and the checks have been cashed as well.

The receipt number starts with “MSC” but I haven’t had the same time I had to research than when I sent the first application for the green card, so I don’t know if that’s a good news or bad news? 

It is not good news or bad news. MSC = National Benefits 

If they route your case to MSC, you are likely to have an interview. (Sometimes USCIS waives it)

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

3 hours ago, Steve&Chelsea said:

NOA letter came in the mail yesterday, 1 week from when they received my package.

Informed delivery says is coming today for me too, exactly a business week after delivery, so I assume priority date is 7/16/21. Now I can chill and forget about this for a while. Good luck my fellow immigrants 🍀 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.