397 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, zoma1010 said:

I'm just updating my post , just got my biometrics waived letter today in the mail , all the comment responded to me were right it's just matter of time , hope any one get it let us know too :)

Congratulations! This makes me hopeful for a similar letter in the next two weeks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Not wanting to freak anyone out or start a speculation but does government shutdown affect USCIS even though it's fully funded by applicant fees??

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/schumer-pelosi-say-deal-reached-white-house-framework-revenue-portion-n1279940

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Texas dates for processing have gone back from to 5.5-9 months. They are currently dealing with the December cases although from the tracker I can see that cases in February have been processed at SRC

I applied towards end of July and received a biometric waiver letter. My service center is Vermont (EAC). I'm traveling outside the US for a month, part of which I won't have regular access to emails and such. My question is: is it common for USCIS to change their mind about biometrics and require biometrics appointment down the road even after the waiver letter has been sent? 

I'm leaving the US end of this week, so even if they send a biometric request in 2 weeks, I should be  back in the US in the first week of Nov and i think it should be fine (assuming it gives 4 weeks-ish time for the appointment). I'm worried that if something comes next week and I have an appointment in 4 weeks, I might miss the appointment. Maybe I'm thinking too much abou this, but anyone with experience of receiving a waiver and then being asked for a biometric appointment down the road. If it is relevant: I did my initial biometrics 3 years ago when I did my adjustment of status here in the US. 

Edited by SS_SS

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the new I-797 letter with 24 month extension! Yay, I guess? (My case is in California Service Center.) Grateful it's not an RFE (yet) and it's just back to the waiting game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/22/2021 at 11:15 AM, SweetPotato said:

Just got the new I-797 letter with 24 month extension! Yay, I guess? (My case is in California Service Center.) Grateful it's not an RFE (yet) and it's just back to the waiting game.

Good Afternoon,

My husband received his 24 month extension letter (Notice date 10/19/21) today. He is also California Service Center (WAC). The waiting game continues, but hopefully soon we hear about the biometrics. 

Edited by Anyo2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/5/2021 at 9:59 AM, SS_SS said:

I applied towards end of July and received a biometric waiver letter. My service center is Vermont (EAC). I'm traveling outside the US for a month, part of which I won't have regular access to emails and such. My question is: is it common for USCIS to change their mind about biometrics and require biometrics appointment down the road even after the waiver letter has been sent? 

I'm leaving the US end of this week, so even if they send a biometric request in 2 weeks, I should be  back in the US in the first week of Nov and i think it should be fine (assuming it gives 4 weeks-ish time for the appointment). I'm worried that if something comes next week and I have an appointment in 4 weeks, I might miss the appointment. Maybe I'm thinking too much abou this, but anyone with experience of receiving a waiver and then being asked for a biometric appointment down the road. If it is relevant: I did my initial biometrics 3 years ago when I did my adjustment of status here in the US. 

Wouldn’t concern yourself with it tbh. My wife received same letter a few weeks ago. We plan on traveling to England in June. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

On 10/25/2021 at 10:55 PM, Anyo2016 said:

Good Afternoon,

My husband received his 24 month extension letter (Notice date 10/19/21) today. He is also California Service Center (WAC). The waiting game continues, but hopefully soon we hear about the biometrics. 

We just got this 24 month extension letter too. What is this? We were so nervous because with informed deliver we could see something was coming -- I was sure it was an RFE (biometrics already waived back in September). Was definitely not expecting this -- why are they sending these out? I'm assuming it means it's going to be a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG wait for the 10 year GC?

On 9/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, BA/M said:

Anyone that has SRC got the biometric? I got my extension july 21 and i didn’t hear from them since

I had a letter around the same time as my extension (or could have been the same letter) saying my biometrics were waived. I came in on K1 though and had my biometrics as part of that. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, zoma1010 said:

i don't know if any one face the same , i got my extension letter 2 month back and it was for 18 month only , now found another mail from the USCIS and found another letter for 24 month , any one face the same , or something not right with me ?

Same with me. I think they’re sending out 24 month letters to pretty much everyone. So it shouldn’t be out of the ordinary. 

On 11/4/2021 at 4:14 PM, zoma1010 said:

i don't know if any one face the same , i got my extension letter 2 month back and it was for 18 month only , now found another mail from the USCIS and found another letter for 24 month , any one face the same , or something not right with me ?

We should all get it sooner or later, no need to worry. In early September USCIS sent out this message via their "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Daily Digest Bulletin" newsletter, I quote: 

USCIS Extends Evidence of Status for Conditional Permanent Residents to 24 Months with Pending Form I-751 or Form I-829
09/03/2021

Starting Sept. 4, 2021, USCIS is extending the time that receipt notices can be used to show evidence of status from 18 months to 24 months for petitioners who properly file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, or Form I-829, Petition by Investor to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status. We are making the change from 18 to 24 months to accommodate current processing times for Form I-751 and Form I-829, which have increased over the past year.

Conditional permanent residents who properly file Form I-751 or Form I-829 will receive a receipt notice that can be presented with their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card), as evidence of continued status for up to 24 months past the expiration date on their Green Card, while their case remains pending with USCIS.

Additionally, we will issue new receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents who properly filed their Form I-751 or Form I-829 before Sept. 4 and whose cases are still pending. Those receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 24 months past the expiration date on their Green Card.

As a reminder, conditional permanent residents who plan to be outside of the United States for a year or more should apply for a reentry permit by filing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, before leaving the country. For more information on International Travel as a Permanent Resident, see our Green Card page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.