2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
4 hours ago, Anujra said:

4 weeks after the message “card was mailed to me” I did inquire to the local congressperson. One of the people from the office reached out to me and asked privacy release form to get info for my case inquiry. And I don’t know it’s been 2 weeks or so and I haven’t heard anything. I think it takes at least a month or so.

I’m going wait couple of weeks , it should be comes with approval . I don’t know 

Dear family,

my soon-to-be ex-spouse has been threatening to report me to USCIS, alleging bad faith marriage and no domestic abuse... Has anyone of you been in this situation? USCIS clearly states that "The law prohibits USCIS from denying your application based on information provided solely by your abuser and other prohibited sources", but still it feels very stressful. Maybe just because I am still scared of this person...

Edited by SilverLining2

2 hours ago, mazi said:

@sandranj thank you and today my status changed to card being produced. Very nerve wrecking situation to be in . Hopefully my EAD get here by 10/17. Pheeew 

Mazi, Awesome your card is produced. May you please share what documents you included in your expedite request? Were you able to fax them to Vermont? My extension will expire next month and status still pending. My renewal application was sent to NBC I called to expedite and they told me to write Vermont. I'm gathering docs to send or fax if possible.

32 minutes ago, SilverLining2 said:

Dear family,

my soon-to-be ex-spouse has been threatening to report me to USCIS, alleging bad faith marriage and no domestic abuse... Has anyone of you been in this situation? USCIS clearly states that "The law prohibits USCIS from denying your application based on information provided solely by your abuser and other prohibited sources", but still it feels very stressful. Maybe just because I am still scared of this person...

Oh yes!

I will send you a DM.

the short answer is No.

21 minutes ago, Zizigragnon said:

Mazi, Awesome your card is produced. May you please share what documents you included in your expedite request? Were you able to fax them to Vermont? My extension will expire next month and status still pending. My renewal application was sent to NBC I called to expedite and they told me to write Vermont. I'm gathering docs to send or fax if possible.

Hi Zizi , I wrote a letter explaining I will experience financial hardship . Also explained I was on my extension and it will expire in 16 days as well as my DL. I stated my employer has informed me I will have to stop working if I do not get the card on or before 10/17.  I did the expedite request online and that night it was assigned to an officer immediately but there was no progress. A member of this forum advised me how he did his and I faxed all my receipt notice , vawa approval notice , communications from my employer , my dL license , my bills , car note , my pay check to Vermont.I actually sent it by DHL next day delivery . This is after I had asked Senator , congressman and ombudsman help more than 7 times @a1d1 helped me on this . Thank you @a1d1

1 hour ago, SilverLining2 said:

Dear family,

i am in the same situation 

24 minutes ago, mazi said:

Hi Zizi , I wrote a letter explaining I will experience financial hardship . Also explained I was on my extension and it will expire in 16 days as well as my DL. I stated my employer has informed me I will have to stop working if I do not get the card on or before 10/17.  I did the expedite request online and that night it was assigned to an officer immediately but there was no progress. A member of this forum advised me how he did his and I faxed all my receipt notice , vawa approval notice , communications from my employer , my dL license , my bills , car note , my pay check to Vermont.I actually sent it by DHL next day delivery . This is after I had asked Senator , congressman and ombudsman help more than 7 times @a1d1 helped me on this . Thank you @a1d1

Thank you for your prompt response Mazi, I have a better understanding now and what I need to include in my expedite request.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:39 AM, Mira20 said:

Guys!!!!! My I-360 was approved yesterday.

I am so happy. Getting closer to the end of this long  journey. Thank you everyone on this platform., you guys are the BEST!!

I-360, I-485 was received  Nov 8 2019

RFE for good moral character was received Dec 11 2019

RFE response was received Feb 4 2020

First PF was sent to me March 2020

PF renewal was not sent to me automatically but I applied for it around May 2021

37E4E978-6E7C-45F4-B0CE-ABBCA21EE22D.jpeg

Congratulations🥳 I know that feeling of happiness 😊

1 hour ago, mazi said:

can you please share how can I expedite an EAD process n the uscis website, which link or which page I have to go to expedite the process

53 minutes ago, Zizigragnon said:

Thank you for your prompt response Mazi, I have a better understanding now and what I need to include in my expedite request.

Sorry I meant to say I mailed it to Vermont through DHL next day delivery not fax please . I asked for fax number on here no one had it . I believe you can only send letter to Vermont . That is the only way to communicate with them . Please send a letter and add all your supporting documents . I wish you all the best and you are always welcome

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello family, I'm 2018 filler and no approval yet.

USCIS asked for more evidence in July 2021 and i sent it in August 15,2021. ( Final Divorce Decree absolute of my previous marriage)  before I met my abuser. 

I got email from my congressman today

Your constituent's case is pending security checks. We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for your constituent's case will be completed. We are striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. 

We understand that your constituent may be frustrated by the progress of her case. However, USCIS must balance individual inconvenience against broader issues of public safety and national security. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate as to how long it might take for this process to be completed."

(1) What's the meaning please  ? 

(2) Do I need to tell my attorney and what can he do about it ?

(3) What's steps can I take personally 

(4) How long it's going to take to get approval  ? I've been waiting over 3 years, 😭😭😭😭

Thanks 

23 minutes ago, marcoisland777 said:

can you please share how can I expedite an EAD process n the uscis website, which link or which page I have to go to expedite the process

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init  

you will see the outside of normal processing times with ! Symbol on it . When you click on it scroll to the bottom you have to fill in your details . Receipt number and all your information . I tried a couple of times most times it will not let me submit and has a banner at the top that my case was not outside processing time . I was successful doing that online once 

36 minutes ago, mazi said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt&entryPoint=init  

you will see the outside of normal processing times with ! Symbol on it . When you click on it scroll to the bottom you have to fill in your details . Receipt number and all your information . I tried a couple of times most times it will not let me submit and has a banner at the top that my case was not outside processing time . I was successful doing that online once 

thanks so much for the link and the info

44 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello family, I'm 2018 filler and no approval yet.

USCIS asked for more evidence in July 2021 and i sent it in August 15,2021. ( Final Divorce Decree absolute of my previous marriage)  before I met my abuser. 

I got email from my congressman today

Your constituent's case is pending security checks. We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for your constituent's case will be completed. We are striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. 

We understand that your constituent may be frustrated by the progress of her case. However, USCIS must balance individual inconvenience against broader issues of public safety and national security. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate as to how long it might take for this process to be completed."

(1) What's the meaning please  ? 

(2) Do I need to tell my attorney and what can he do about it ?

(3) What's steps can I take personally 

(4) How long it's going to take to get approval  ? I've been waiting over 3 years, 😭😭😭😭

Thanks 

Unfortunately there is nothing can be done for now in my opinion . They are running background check on you and won’t be able to do anything until they clear you . Technically the next step would be Ombudsman (but I doubt you will get a different answer ) and then Writ of Mandamus  which I wouldn’t rush filing yet. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.