2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, SilverLining2 said:

my soon-to-be ex-spouse has been threatening to report me to USCIS, alleging bad faith marriage and no domestic abuse... Has anyone of you been in this situation?

2 hours ago, Sk N said:

i am in the same situation 

F alse

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

If you give in to it, they get yet another "victory."  They've had quite enough of those, wouldn't you agree? :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

32 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

F alse

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

If you give in to it, they get yet another "victory."  They've had quite enough of those, wouldn't you agree? :) 

that is so trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee omg !! you are something ...  i am not going to give it anymore he is ruining my life still i will fight for truth 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

F alse

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

I was in same situation, you should collect evidence, every time he or she threatens you. It’s going to be very good Vawa case . 

1 minute ago, Vawa&U said:

I was in same situation, you should collect evidence, every time he or she threatens you. It’s going to be very good Vawa case . 

he just locked my immigration check status account today on top of trying to hack my icloud again today i received 4 text messages of icloud verification code. He or his sister was using it to use as a trusted device and erase everything because i have court date soon. I am so frustrated.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sk N said:

he just locked my immigration check status account today on top of trying to hack my icloud again today i received 4 text messages of icloud verification code. He or his sister was using it to use as a trusted device and erase everything because i have court date soon. I am so frustrated.

I’m sorry for your situation. I would advise you to stay with your close friends n family. Make screen shots every time he try to get into your iCloud . Each little evidence will play bigger role remember that .

Timeline
Just now, Vawa&U said:

I’m sorry for your situation. I would advise you to stay with your close friends n family. Make screen shots every time he try to get into your iCloud . Each little evidence will play bigger role remember that .

Each time he threatened you, you gotta call the police.

5 minutes ago, Vawa&U said:

Each time he threatened you, you gotta call the police.

i have restraining order against him which was extended until next year after when i proved abuse to my ADA, i cannot really do much about this because it does not say he is doing it but we all know who is doing it. Just because my court date is in the corner he is trying hard. I am glad that my attorney has informed his attorney to avoid such misconduct on my personal things because it is completely against of law what he is doing. I cannot believe how hard they are trying to fight a loosing battle just to suffer me. I really do not stress about vawa anymore because i could care less about my greencard more than my own peace of mind. I just want him to LET ME GO BECAUSE IM STILL GETTING ABUSE FROM A YEAR AN HALF STILL !!!!!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sk N said:

i have restraining order against him which was extended until next year after when i proved abuse to my ADA, i cannot really do much about this because it does not say he is doing it but we all know who is doing it. Just because my court date is in the corner he is trying hard. I am glad that my attorney has informed his attorney to avoid such misconduct on my personal things because it is completely against of law what he is doing. I cannot believe how hard they are trying to fight a loosing battle just to suffer me. I really do not stress about vawa anymore because i could care less about my greencard more than my own peace of mind. I just want him to LET ME GO BECAUSE IM STILL GETTING ABUSE FROM A YEAR AN HALF STILL !!!!!

I follow you completely as I was in same situation and was  never married for green card . Was married for love and family.  Just because they live in material world, they think we all are the same . 
Im divorced,been more than 4 years I still gets calls from my ex . 
im trying to move far away and stay away so I could have peace of mind. 

Thank god I have moved on .

Hi , 

This is my second time my application got rejected for same reason saying I sent incorrect payment . Please help me with suggestions . 

I submitted the  application with I-485, I-765 and I-131 based on I-360 approval notice ( With the application , I submitted copy of my approval notice as well).  I have attached total (1140$ for I-485 + 85 $ for biometric) amount of 1225$ in g-1450 application . I checked my g-1450 couple of times before I attach that . I typed in total 1225$ with signature and correct credit card card information. I also have another copy of proof . I don't know where did I make mistake . Is it because of credit card ? Should I us e money order or check instead ? or Do I have to submit 1145$ and 85$ separately with 2 different g-1450? I am actually confused . 

Also I filed in Chicago LockBox and rejection notice came from Vermont center .  I want to resubmit and reuse the rejected package keeping the green paper on the top . Where would be the location for resubmission with the rejected package ? Chicago or Vermont ?

244960797_864645994249616_5929961717454635832_n.jpg

1 minute ago, HopOnHope said:

Hi , 

This is my second time my application got rejected for same reason saying I sent incorrect payment . Please help me with suggestions . 

I submitted the  application with I-485, I-765 and I-131 based on I-360 approval notice ( With the application , I submitted copy of my approval notice as well).  I have attached total (1140$ for I-485 + 85 $ for biometric) amount of 1225$ in g-1450 application . I checked my g-1450 couple of times before I attach that . I typed in total 1225$ with signature and correct credit card card information. I also have another copy of proof . I don't know where did I make mistake . Is it because of credit card ? Should I us e money order or check instead ? or Do I have to submit 1145$ and 85$ separately with 2 different g-1450? I am actually confused . 

Also I filed in Chicago LockBox and rejection notice came from Vermont center .  I want to resubmit and reuse the rejected package keeping the green paper on the top . Where would be the location for resubmission with the rejected package ? Chicago or Vermont ?

If you used credit card it’s common for CC companies to flag it as suspicious activity hence it gets rejected . I would advise to write a check for each amount and send it back . 

23 minutes ago, HopOnHope said:

Hi , 

I would say send the money order or a check of $ 1225.00

42 minutes ago, Vawa&U said:

I follow you completely as I was in same situation and was  never married for green card . Was married for love and family.  Just because they live in material world, they think we all are the same . 
Im divorced,been more than 4 years I still gets calls from my ex . 
im trying to move far away and stay away so I could have peace of mind. 

Thank god I have moved on .

im glad everything worked out 

23 minutes ago, Reister said:

If you used credit card it’s common for CC companies to flag it as suspicious activity hence it gets rejected . I would advise to write a check for each amount and send it back . 

Thank you for your answer . each amount in separate check like 1140$ in one and 85 $ in another ? Where to send it back in vermont or chicago ?

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Reister said:

Unfortunately there is nothing can be done for now in my opinion . They are running background check on you and won’t be able to do anything until they clear you . Technically the next step would be Ombudsman (but I doubt you will get a different answer ) and then Writ of Mandamus  which I wouldn’t rush filing yet. 

Okay, Thanks . Background check can take how many months  ? Background checks if I have criminal records  ? I don't have anything both US and my country. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.