2,965 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, Sk N said:

Good Saturday Everyone, 

I am 2020 filler, i am seeing few people getting approval from 2020 in different forum. My  case has been in initial review since april 2021, and the message is been showing "Correspondence has been received and uscis is reviewing it"... the same status updated again in June 2021 without no notification i was checking my status and saw same update. Should i expect a decision within 120 days? i am on 81 days since last update.. 

@sandranj 

Thank you ! 

can anyone respond to this please ?

Good afternoon. How do you know when your case is transferred from the VAWA office to the national benefits center? Similarly, how do you know when your case is transferred from the national benefits center to your local field office? My case was updated to “fingerprints applied to case” a month ago, they already have it from a few years ago. This is the only update I’ve received. Can I write to congressman to ask if my case has been transferred? Received VAWA approval  notice in May, sent green card application in June. 

Edited by trishytrish

14 minutes ago, trishytrish said:

Good afternoon. How do you know when your case is transferred from the VAWA office to the national benefits center? Similarly, how do you know when your case is transferred from the national benefits center to your local field office? My case was updated to “fingerprints applied to case” a month ago, they already have it from a few years ago. This is the only update I’ve received. Can I write to congressman to ask if my case has been transferred? Received VAWA approval  notice in May, sent green card application in June. 

Easiest way is to make a USCIS account and add the receipt number to your account. That'll let you look at the whole case history. You could do a congressional inquiry, chances are that someone having to actually view your file would cause them to just click on whatever button forwards it to the NBC.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

28 minutes ago, Sk N said:

can anyone respond to this please ?

What month of 2020 did you file? 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

On 9/14/2021 at 8:53 PM, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi all, is this the I-485 processing time for us VAWA filers? It’s under family based right?1830AF84-350E-4B05-969F-E75F3198E737.thumb.png.917795cf1175d37b0004450477abdef5.png

Is this from when you filed 485 from marriage based or after vawa is approved?

17 minutes ago, Sk N said:

Thank you ana for replying, PD Is august 2020

Oh I would be surprised if it gets approved now. It’s usually a 18 month minimum of processing time. But with uscis we really never know. The status update just means someone was looking into your case..

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

45 minutes ago, Demise said:

Easiest way is to make a USCIS account and add the receipt number to your account. That'll let you look at the whole case history. You could do a congressional inquiry, chances are that someone having to actually view your file would cause them to just click on whatever button forwards it to the NBC.

I do have a USCIS account with all my cases on it 

, that's where I saw that they used the fingerprints I gave a few years back. Is it supposed to tell you when your case is transferred? 

14 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

Oh I would be surprised if it gets approved now. It’s usually a 18 month minimum of processing time. But with uscis we really never know. The status update just means someone was looking into your case..

that is absolutely correct i came acrosss people few of them who are approved already filled after me 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.