WeNandC

I-751 August Filers - Removing Conditions

514 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, my&aaron said:

Hi everyone! Make sure you update this google sheet with your status as well. People from the previous months have done a great job filling theirs out so we know how long to expect so let's do the same! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJwpaHzGIuuvbVMXK5h-F8KH3hCh88kMxpxC4uOJOk8/edit?usp=sharing

Curious, what is the point of this compared to updating our personal timelines and searching the database through the site?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello! 
can’t believe it’s been 2 years already! I am getting ready all my paperwork to send it in soon. Can somebody please tell me what the list of what they send? also what is the address I need to send it to? And what to write on the check? 

pleaseeee

thank you!!!! good luck to everyone 

Timeline
12 hours ago, K&N10 said:

Hello! 
can’t believe it’s been 2 years already! I am getting ready all my paperwork to send it in soon. Can somebody please tell me what the list of what they send? also what is the address I need to send it to? And what to write on the check? 

pleaseeee

thank you!!!! good luck to everyone 

Everything I sent was based off the Instructions letter for the I-751. I had also searched through the forums and there were a couple examples of cover letters that people had sent off that were detailed and I had tailored the documents to those letters that I sent.

My Wife got her text this morning at 0219 US Eastern and hers is being assigned to LIN Processing Center. 🤢🤮

Timeline
5 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

Everything I sent was based off the Instructions letter for the I-751. I had also searched through the forums and there were a couple examples of cover letters that people had sent off that were detailed and I had tailored the documents to those letters that I sent.

My Wife got her text this morning at 0219 US Eastern and hers is being assigned to LIN Processing Center. 🤢🤮

I wouldn't be too upset, LIN has been the second fastest processing center behind SRC. Approvals are running around 7-9 months (if an interview isn't needed).

Edited by PedroDaGr8

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Timeline
6 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I wouldn't be too upset, LIN has been the second fastest processing center behind SRC. Approvals are running around 7-9 months (if an interview isn't needed).

Wait seriously? Damn, their online estimation shows a huge range lol so I told my wife like whelp, maybe in 3 years. haha

2 hours ago, ppnw said:

I forgot to include G1145 🤦‍♂️ Delivered to uscis in AZ 8/4, check hasn't been cashed yet. When should I be worried and re-send the packet? 2 year GC expires 9/25

The G-1145? That's the notification form right? That wasn't required. What makes you think you would need to resend the packet?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

Wait seriously? Damn, their online estimation shows a huge range lol so I told my wife like whelp, maybe in 3 years. haha

We applied mid-late November of last year and were approved recently (along with a bunch of others), I believe they are working on NOV20-JAN21 right now. Now obviously, this can slip/change but right now they seem to be consistently rolling through applications. Obviously, if you end up needing an interview then you are at the mercy of your local USCIS office (which is the reason for the longer times on the website). 

Edited by PedroDaGr8

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Timeline
54 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

The G-1145? That's the notification form right? That wasn't required. What makes you think you would need to resend the packet?

Correct, but now I don't know it went to the right place or which service center until the NOA arrives. If the check hasn't been cashed 9/15 or so shouldn't I re-send to be sure? 

Timeline
On 8/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, ppnw said:

Correct, but now I don't know it went to the right place or which service center until the NOA arrives. If the check hasn't been cashed 9/15 or so shouldn't I re-send to be sure? 

Well, they all basically go to the exact same location depending on whether you sent it via USPS or FEDEX/UPS and then distributed to their respective Processing Centers from there. You can get a good idea on where yours will go by going to the spreadsheet someone posted in here. That is how I figured out myself that my wifes packet was going to LIN before we even got notified. I found others from OH and they all went to LIN so it does seem States are matched with specific processing centers. I just don't see like a colorized map anywhere online notating which states follow under which processing center.

Timeline
1 hour ago, WillieT1986 said:

Well, they all basically go to the exact same location depending on whether you sent it via USPS or FEDEX/UPS and then distributed to their respective Processing Centers from there. You can get a good idea on where yours will go by going to the spreadsheet someone posted in here. That is how I figured out myself that my wifes packet was going to LIN before we even got notified. I found others from OH and they all went to LIN so it does seem States are matched with specific processing centers. I just don't see like a colorized map anywhere online notating which states follow under which processing center.

Good idea, thanks! They thankfully cashed the check this morning 🙌

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ppnw said:

Looking at the USCIS processing times it seems Texas and California service centers are quickest. Is that accurate? 

Just my 2cents....

It shows CA being faster than Vermont now? Interesting. Last I looked it was Texas, Vermont, so forth... 
Those processing times are just estimations. I remember when it stated my wife's K1 was over a year, or something like that and it only took roughly 9 months. Someone also mentioned earlier cause I was like "#######, I got LIN for my wife..." had stated that LIN is actually processing faster then what is predicting on the website as well. So hard telling really unless you dig through the forums, or that google spreadsheet that's posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.