Kofi & Becca

I-130 filled but still no feedback

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband and I filled I-130 back on Nov 5th 2020 since then we have only received a receipt notice stating our payment has been received. Received date, priority date and notice date is all Nov 5th 2020. Nothing else has been sent to us.  We constantly check my USCIS account for updates and still nothing. We know that our service center is Nebraska and we have also been checking the Nebraska processing time on USCIS website which is 2-7 months. We are in our 7 month and still no news. We're quite frustrated at this point. Does anyone else have a similar issue or also experienced a delay in their timeline? I'm a US citizen

Edited by Kofi & Becca

9 minutes ago, Kofi & Becca said:

My husband and I filled I-130 back on Nov 5th 2020 since then we have only received a receipt notice stating our payment has been received. Received date, priority date and notice date is all Nov 5th 2020. Nothing else has been sent to us.  We constantly check my USCIS account for updates and still nothing. We know that our service center is Nebraska and we have also been checking the Nebraska processing time on USCIS website which is 2-7 months. We are in our 7 month and still no news. We're quite frustrated at this point. Does anyone else have a similar issue or also experienced a delay in their timeline? I'm a US citizen

The receipt date for case inquiry is Nov 16, 2020.  Have you filed one?

And many, if not most recent filers have or will experience delays in their timelines.  All because of Covid.

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I filled a case inquiry and was told I'm still in processing window. We're going to patiently wait until the end of the month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My friends are at 8 months. Thank COVID. Be patient 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

Wow!! Thanks Timona for the feedback. Covid really threw a wrench in things. Definitely trying to stay patient. All the best to your friends

10 minutes ago, Kofi & Becca said:

Thanks for the reply. I filled a case inquiry and was told I'm still in processing window. We're going to patiently wait until the end of the month

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Timeline

Sounds like you got transferred without notice if it says you’re still within processing times and the receipt date for inquiries is already Nov 16. Happened to many of us even though it said Nebraska on the NOA 1 and online at first. 
Try “ask Emma” and ask for a live agent to find out. Good luck! 

Timeline

@hannysgrammy@gmai this is very exciting!! All the best to your son in law for Wednesday. Please keep us updated on how the interview goes

Timeline

I am past the Usic processing but remember mine went pretty fast, that was pre Covid of course, I filed on 3-28-19. My case was approved and sent to Nvc, it went down hill from there  and around the June, if I recall its been a while since I look at those dates. I was supper excited because I was expecting the 7-12 months wait I saw online. Usic sent our information to the department INSIDE of America instead of sending it to NVC for overseas processign...it took several months of me calling getting no answers, supervisors were not helping, just keep creating useless cases :( Finally I got a supervisor that actually knew how to do their job! About 2 weeks later it was received by NVC but that was in November, so it took close to 4 months if not more for them to get their stuff together. Once it got to Nvc, we went through that system fairly quickly I do recall having to resend a document which slowed us down a tad bit, it took a couple of weeks for them to review it. We finally became documentarily qualified 2-21-20 :) But of course Covid happened and they shut down the Embassy in Accra on 3-17-20 and still have not resumed as normal! We are done with Nvc and awaiting an interview. Just giving you a little background, I see you are also filing with Accra, they are extremely behind! We have been waiting for our interview date since 2-20-20. There about a year and a half worth of people who still have not had interviews. Once you are past NVC you will most likely have a year or not more waiting for your interview :( Perhaps you can plan accordingly. If I knew we would be waiting this long, I would have visited him again more often, we have now been married over 2 years and thanks to Covid all of it has been apart

Hi there! This happened to us as well we thought we were with Nebraska and at the 7th month inquired about our case and was told we were within the processing time. When I called I was told my case had been transferred within days of submitting and I was never notified. Unfortunately there could be a good chance that they transferred your case without your knowledge. I hope that is not the case but just wanted to share our experience just in case you are going through the same scenario.

Timeline

@sweetk328 wow!! What a journey for you guys with a mix of emotions. Immigration is really a stressful frustrating process. I really hope you can get an interview soon so you can be reunited with your love. My husband and I got married in Ghana March 2020 and we filed in November 2020 after I became Naturalized. I couldn't stand being apart from my husband so I packed up and left Atlanta and work for Ghana indefinitely. We were hoping it wouldn't be more than a year total to completion putting us at November 2021 to relocate back to Atlanta. It's so stressful being at the mercy of immigration to start living life with your spouse. Hoping to get feedback soon

Timeline

@StrawberryKiss @Ericka Womack update: just called USCIS and was told our case was not at Nebraska but is in fact is at Potomac. The customer service rep said there has been issues with cases stating the incorrect service center. I feel so deflated knowing we have a new expectation timeframe now. A possible 10 more months of waiting for a case approval as their processing time is between 13-17 months and we're on month 7. If anything, I'm definitely glad I relocated from the US to be with my husband as we wait this time out together oppose to being separated. The waiting patiently continues

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.