Jump to content

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My then fiancee, now wife got her K1 medical examination overseas this January 2021. We are filing form I-485 for adjustment of status and are confused about whether we need to see a civil surgeon for the I-693. Her DS-3025 was marked as complete but she does not have any Tdap record. Also, she only received the first dose of MMR and Varicella. Does anyone have advice?

 

 

Screenshot_20210609_152416.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, L&J@T said:

My then fiancee, now wife got her K1 medical examination overseas this January 2021. We are filing form I-485 for adjustment of status and are confused about whether we need to see a civil surgeon for the I-693. Her DS-3025 was marked as complete but she does not have any Tdap record. Also, she only received the first dose of MMR and Varicella. Does anyone have advice?

 

 

Screenshot_20210609_152416.png

Marked complete,  is complete. 

 

I693 not required 

 

Any vaccination that requires a series, only requires the series be started not necessarily completed. 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We just had this issue when preparing my wife' AOS packet and the local civil surgeon was very helpful.  You are good on the varicella and MMR vaccine for now, just need to show that the cycle was completed at the interview.  The Tdap is the issue, she was given a waiver for the K1 visa because the vaccine was not available. (My wife had the same issue with both the Tdap and MMR.)  But she is still expected to get the Tdap vaccine for her green card, the waiver for the K1 visa does not carry over to the green card application.  The civil surgeon let us go the local government health department to get the vaccines, bring the proof of vaccination and an I-693 with parts 1-5 completed to his office, he reviewed the vaccination papers and filled out parts 7 and 10 on the I-693, and sealed it in an envelop to send with her packet just like when she had her full medical exam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jd_malachi said:

We just had this issue when preparing my wife' AOS packet and the local civil surgeon was very helpful.  You are good on the varicella and MMR vaccine for now, just need to show that the cycle was completed at the interview.  The Tdap is the issue, she was given a waiver for the K1 visa because the vaccine was not available. (My wife had the same issue with both the Tdap and MMR.)  But she is still expected to get the Tdap vaccine for her green card, the waiver for the K1 visa does not carry over to the green card application.  The civil surgeon let us go the local government health department to get the vaccines, bring the proof of vaccination and an I-693 with parts 1-5 completed to his office, he reviewed the vaccination papers and filled out parts 7 and 10 on the I-693, and sealed it in an envelop to send with her packet just like when she had her full medical exam.

The waiver DOES carry over to the GC application, as long as they filed for AOS within 1 year of the date of the medical. The instructions say that if a waiver was given because the vaccine was not routinely available, the vaccine is not required anymore. OP received a D waiver, so they don't need to get the vaccine again.

 

"In the context of overseas vaccinations, the term panel physicians use to indicate the unavailability of a vaccine is “not routinely available.” Therefore, if the adjustment applicant is permitted to use the vaccination assessment completed overseas, [11] then officers should not find the applicant inadmissible solely based on the lack of the vaccine(s) that is “not routinely available.” Officers should also not issue an RFE for corrective action. USCIS will grant a blanket waiver in these cases."

 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-9

Edited by Ayrton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, L&J@T said:

My then fiancee, now wife got her K1 medical examination overseas this January 2021. We are filing form I-485 for adjustment of status and are confused about whether we need to see a civil surgeon for the I-693. Her DS-3025 was marked as complete but she does not have any Tdap record. Also, she only received the first dose of MMR and Varicella. Does anyone have advice?

 

 

Screenshot_20210609_152416.png

Read the part of the instructions that I posted above. Your spouse doesn't need to take the vaccine and is good to go as long as they file for AOS within 1 year of the medical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Posted (edited)

I am simply going by what the civil surgeon I talked to said and he had dealt with people who DID get an RFE for this very reason, I was not prepared to roll the dice and take that risk.

Edited by jd_malachi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, jd_malachi said:

I am simply going by what the civil surgeon I talked to said and he had dealt with people who DID get an RFE for this very reason, I was not prepared to roll the dice and take that risk.

Then that's your choice to believe in what they say. Civil Surgeons don't work for USCIS. They want their money, that's why most of the times they will perform the whole medical when it's not required for K1, just to get the money.

 

I'm showing what the policy is. And the policy is pretty clear when it says that it's NOT required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Then that's your choice to believe in what they say. Civil Surgeons don't work for USCIS. They want their money, that's why most of the times they will perform the whole medical when it's not required for K1, just to get the money.

 

I'm showing what the policy is. And the policy is pretty clear when it says that it's NOT required.

Could not be more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
21 hours ago, payxibka said:

Marked complete,  is complete. 

 

I693 not required 

 

Any vaccination that requires a series, only requires the series be started not necessarily completed. 

When I got my visa packet from the embassy there was also a folder for me with some documents in it. Among those where the full medical exam (including the vaccination part of it). I'm not sure if that's the actual I-693 or not or just something else that the doctor back in Sweden filled out for the visa medical, but I was going to send the whole thing with my AOS packet just to be on the safe side since it was given to me by the embassy. Is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

When I got my visa packet from the embassy there was also a folder for me with some documents in it. Among those where the full medical exam (including the vaccination part of it). I'm not sure if that's the actual I-693 or not or just something else that the doctor back in Sweden filled out for the visa medical, but I was going to send the whole thing with my AOS packet just to be on the safe side since it was given to me by the embassy. Is this correct?

It's not the i693 because the i693 is a USCIS form and not a consulate form.

 

You can submit a copy, but it is not required because the medical information needs to have maintained "chain of custody" control and the documents in your possesion have had the chain broken.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}
×
×
  • Create New...