J&D1008

JUNE 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

636 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Mbfernandes said:

Thank you! Is there an updated June spreadsheet? 

This is the one I've been following, I'm not sure if there are any others. There are a few people working on updating it (I'm not working on the spreadsheets). 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KnKkL15zwqyX4iKKy9lon7EsxrtorucU/edit?fbclid=IwAR0ziDFsof-JgwQ4zPbePjMza3AFLJCpMqKVTy33Jh_LZz07r0W4c_s7-Q0#gid=835786255 

On 7/31/2022 at 3:38 AM, DP&JP said:

To everyone getting RFEs, what are they asking for typically? And also, sorry that you've gotten RFEs.

Our RFE was about missing "court and police records" due to a speeding ticket that unfortunately had a fine of over $500 ($573 to be precise - so barely).

We have disclosed this and the circumstances on our form in Part 3, 4.a) and 4.b) as requested.

However, only in the I-129F instructions, not on the form itself, do they state that you must also include "court certified records" in addition - we have missed this part, so this mistake is on us. I suppose we just didn't figure that they'd want something like that for a mere speeding ticket.

We have responded to the RFE with a certified copy of the electronic record search of the Traffic/Minor offense court that outlines the offense and disposition (paid + closed) of the case, we hope this will be sufficient.

Edited by foxtacles

24 minutes ago, Hannah & James said:

Hello, we got notified of an RFE yesterday on the app case tracker, we were in the 97500 number range. How long will this add to the process? What does the RFE typically look for? 

I've seen turnaround times (receiving, responding, decision) ranging from 14 days to 3+ months, it seems to vary wildly. On average it appears to take about ~30 days after they receive your response to get a decision.

With regards to what the RFE may look for: could be anything, here's some examples: 

If you have made a copy of your I-129F application I'd suggest carefully reading over it again (and the I-192F instructions), the issue could be as trivial as having missed the answer to a single question somewhere.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, Optimist19 said:

Some request for evidence for today: 

94000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
96000: 2 RFERs (0 new / 2 in progress)
96500: 3 RFESs, 1 RFER (3 new / 1 in progress)
97000: 4 RFESs (4 new / 0 in progress)
99500: 1 RFES (0 new / 1 in progress)
104500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
105000: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
105500: 2 RFESs (1 new / 1 in progress)
08/13/22: 16 Total Updates: 12 RFESs, 4 RFERs

Also, here is a summary of the June cases left (this includes the 93000 and 93500 groups as well, which we've been tracking with the May filers).

1523 Untouched, 1168 Approvals, 446 RFESs, 93 RFERs, 239 Denials, 86 Expedites(Denied: 83 / Approved: 1 / Received: 2), 121 Withdrawals, 119 Others

There are roughly 45% of June cases left untouched (including the expedites denied, and some of the "others") and another 12% are RFEs/RFERs (so they will need approving also). The "Others" would include things like a name or birthday update, among other things. It looks like they are starting on the last few groups of June, so hopefully they will be working on cases throughout June for the next few weeks. 

The RFE is any request for evidence sent. The RFER is a request for evidence received (so USCIS received a response back from the applicant to the request for evidence, and the applicant is now waiting on an approval). (The June summary is included above). 

Hi,

I am in group 99500, my case is still showing as "received" after 427 days with a inquiring date of Sep 10

52% in this group are still untouched. At this rate what is the likelihood my case gets looked at, I feel like they will just move on to Aug cases and we will be left in limbo. 

1 hour ago, Doggy_11 said:

Hi,

I am in group 99500, my case is still showing as "received" after 427 days with a inquiring date of Sep 10

52% in this group are still untouched. At this rate what is the likelihood my case gets looked at, I feel like they will just move on to Aug cases and we will be left in limbo. 

The picture is similar all across the June cases. The USCIS is prioritizing the fulfillment of other category goals such as employment based visas until September (USCIS fiscal year end). These categories have the caveat that they entail lawsuits if a certain number is not processed by fiscal year end. Therefore, I personally do not expect the USCIS to put much focus on K1s/I129F until October even though it sounds really sad. If they do not speed up with I129Fs in October or November, I would be shocked and would personally switch to other opportunities (I am a May 22 filer).

Edited by Nikobe

5 hours ago, Doggy_11 said:

Hi,

They're still working on your group. It looks like your group had the highest number of cases touched today in June. They won't leave a group with 50% behind from what I've seen in previous months. They haven't been moving on to a new month until the month they're working on is down to about 500 cases untouched. June still has 1500+ cases left untouched, so they will be working on June for a few more weeks. Hopefully you'll be hearing something soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Optimist19 said:

June updates for today. It looks like they've started working throughout June as of this week: 

94000: 6 Approvals (2 new / 4 in progress)
94500: 1 Approval, 1 RFES (2 new / 0 in progress)
95500: 1 RFES (0 new / 1 in progress)
96000: 2 Approvals, 1 Other (Date of Birth Was Updated) (2 new / 1 in progress)
96500: 10 Approvals, 1 RFES (10 new / 1 in progress)
97000: 2 Approvals (2 new / 0 in progress)
97500: 5 Approvals (4 new / 1 in progress)
98500: 1 Approval, 1 RFES (1 new / 1 in progress)
99500: 16 Approvals, 1 RFES (13 new / 4 in progress)
100000: 11 Approvals, 3 RFESs, 1 Other (Appeal Was Dismissed) (12 new / 3 in progress)
100500: 8 Approvals (7 new / 1 in progress)
101000: 7 Approvals (7 new / 0 in progress)
101500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
102500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
103000: 9 Approvals, 1 RFER (9 new / 1 in progress)
103500: 8 Approvals (7 new / 1 in progress)
104000: 2 Approvals (2 new / 0 in progress)
105000: 8 Approvals (6 new / 2 in progress)
105500: 12 Approvals (10 new / 2 in progress)
106000: 4 Approvals (3 new / 1 in progress)
08/15/22: 125 Total Updates: 114 Approvals, 8 RFESs, 1 RFER, 2 Others (Date of Birth Was Updated, Appeal Was Dismissed)

May (26) + June (125) = 151 

I feel like a high Monday and low rest of the week is a common trend I've seen, maybe they're working on Sundays?

7 hours ago, gooblue said:

I feel like a high Monday and low rest of the week is a common trend I've seen, maybe they're working on Sundays?

I have noticed the same thing. It’s possible they’re working Sundays (I haven’t checked). I have thought maybe they approve people on Saturdays but they don’t go through the system until Mondays, since we only see RFEs on Saturdays. I’ve noticed Mondays also has higher approvals than RFEs compared to other days. Maybe they work Sundays also and they’re put in the system on Mondays. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Optimist19 said:

I have noticed the same thing. It’s possible they’re working Sundays (I haven’t checked). I have thought maybe they approve people on Saturdays but they don’t go through the system until Mondays, since we only see RFEs on Saturdays. I’ve noticed Mondays also has higher approvals than RFEs compared to other days. Maybe they work Sundays also and they’re put in the system on Mondays. 

hmm interestingly thoughts, I wish they'd have approval rates like this and higher the whole week though😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.