Mclauch.N

Visa refused after interview

13 posts in this topic

My husband filed for my  i130 in 2018. Due to pandemic the interview scheduled for September 2020 was pushed to April 8 2021. Since we don’t have a consulate in my country I had to travel to another country for this. I’ve done my quarantine required for this. Had my interview on April 8th.  We were only given a week notice before the interview. I had just got out of the mandatory quarantine and rushed to get my medical. Was able to get it done on time but the medicals reports were not sent to the consulate before my interview.
The interview went very well. There were no issues except for the pending medicals. We have been together for five years and been married for three years now. Everything was good. I even submitted extra (a lot of) proof of relationship and the updated tax transcripts. The CO was very nice. Asked me some very basic questions and at the end made it sound like “I’m only in AP because of pending medical reports”. He informed me it can take two weeks for them to get these reports. They even kept my passport and documents. (I did however take my passport back from the consulate recently because I needed to extend the local travel visa here.) 

After the interview,  we had assumed they were only waiting to recieve the medical report from the hospital and then the visa could be issued quickly after that.

It’s may 25th and we’re still waiting. Status is still REFUSED.

After they got the medicals the last email from consular office mentioned needing "certain clearances" before the visa could be issued.  

I’m stuck in a very bad situation here because of covid. 

My local travel visa cannot be extended past June and will have to leave back; my country is in lockdown and traveling there will be very difficult for me. There’re literally no flights available for me to even go back. On top of that I’ve been staying alone. I don’t even understand the language. A lot of people do speak English but I have gotten myself into very difficult situations because of this.  I’m spending so much money on accommodation and food. The covid outbreak here is even bad enough that we’re under curfew a lot. Even if I managed to go back to my country I will need to come back when or if they ask me to. They have suspended all international arrivals here. Even if they resume , I’ll have to quarantine again (last time it was around 2400$ for quarantine and travel alone).

We have managed to get in contact with the embassy expressing our concerns , but it’s very difficult to get through to them. When calling by phone nobody answers and emails take at least a week to get a reply. And almost every time it’s the same thing. They cannot predict anything.

I apologize for this rant. Is there anything we can do at this point? I’m so frustrated. 

Edited by Mclauch.N

This is really stressful for one person to go through. It is still on refused because of the background checks. If you’ve clarified all they need from you, I’ll suggest you wait it out since you have until June on your local travel visa. For all the money you will spend, I hope it’s worth it’s weight in gold. I truly wish you Godspeed.

Keep calling & sending those mails if that makes you feel better, say a word of prayer & keep that hope alive!

14 minutes ago, Sage77 said:

This is really stressful for one person to go through. It is still on refused because of the background checks. If you’ve clarified all they need from you, I’ll suggest you wait it out since you have until June on your local travel visa. For all the money you will spend, I hope it’s worth it’s weight in gold. I truly wish you Godspeed.

Keep calling & sending those mails if that makes you feel better, say a word of prayer & keep that hope alive!

Thank you. This means a lot to me.

30 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

After you extended your visa, did you return your passport to the embassy?

Nope. They informed me that they will let me know when to drop it off. 

If the AP is due to security/background checks, there is nothing that you can do.  If they need anything else for you, they'll let you know.

7 minutes ago, Cute doll face said:

@Mclauch.N you have your passport how do you expect to get the visa when they don’t have your passport come on ,the visa is stamped in your passport,you have to send them your passport or it will stay in AP or refused 

Do not send in the passport until it is explicitly requested by the embassy.  If it was returned to OP, they did not need it at the time.

26 minutes ago, Cute doll face said:

I requested for my passport to extend my local visa here. I was informed that they will let me know a date and a time to handover the passport.  
I can’t just go there and hand them my passport. There are certain policies and procedures in place for a reason.
They will most probably ask for my passport after they’re done with AP.
My main concern is I have limited time to be here and the pandemic makes traveling back and forth very difficult for me. Since this has already caused a very substantial delay in my visa process, I’m trying to avoid further problems due to this.
That’s all.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.