Caliboy1000

N400 Spouse Doesn't know her Naturalization Date

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello guys, I want to ask a question. I am completing N400 application under 3yrs rules as my wife is US Citizen. There is one question when your spouse had become US Citizen? My wife had become US Citizen when her father taken the Oath and she was 15yrs old at that time. She doesn't have copy of her father's Naturalization Certificate and her father is not in US, he moved back. She had contacted her father but he couldn't able to find his Naturalization Certificate. What should I answer to this question. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

ok back to the topic 

She knows she was 15 years old at the time.  

She presumably knows her year of birth.  

So

2021 - year of birth + 15 

=  the approximate year she became a US citizen.  

Enter that  number into your N-400.  

Include a cover letter  explaining  why you don’t know the month or day, and also note that the year is a guess that might be off by a year (a year earlier or a year later).  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

multiple posts by a banned troll removed, along with posts quoting.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Mike E said:

ok back to the topic 

She knows she was 15 years old at the time.  

She presumably knows her year of birth.  

So

2021 - year of birth + 15 

=  the approximate year she became a US citizen.  

Enter that  number into your N-400.  

Include a cover letter  explaining  why you don’t know the month or day, and also note that the year is a guess that might be off by a year (a year earlier or a year later).  

Thanks a lot for guidance. But I am filling N-400 online. Can I upload/attach letter while filing my form online? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Caliboy1000 said:

Thanks a lot for guidance. But I am filling N-400 online. Can I upload/attach letter while filing my form online? 

Never did the  N-400 online.  My understanding is it lets you add supporting details.  If the online form forces you to enter a month and day as well as the year, I would go with the mailed version rather than risk a testy encounter with an IO.  

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Never did the  N-400 online.  My understanding is it lets you add supporting details.  If the online form forces you to enter a month and day as well as the year, I would go with the mailed version rather than risk a testy encounter with an IO.  

Online form, allows me to skip the "naturalization date"  but it also allows me to attach additional supporting documents at the end of the application. I am thinking to attach a cover letter and explain my circumstances that I can't able to find the exact naturalization date of my wife". Will it be fine, what do you think?

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Caliboy1000 said:

Yes

I attached a short letter with scanned documents that had two different A numbers (explanation for an A number mismatch that they flagged)

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Yes

I attached a short letter with scanned documents that had two different A numbers (explanation for an A number mismatch that they flagged)

Thanks for guidance.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/2/2021 at 10:57 PM, Caliboy1000 said:

Hello guys, I want to ask a question. I am completing N400 application under 3yrs rules as my wife is US Citizen. There is one question when your spouse had become US Citizen? My wife had become US Citizen when her father taken the Oath and she was 15yrs old at that time. She doesn't have copy of her father's Naturalization Certificate and her father is not in US, he moved back. She had contacted her father but he couldn't able to find his Naturalization Certificate. What should I answer to this question. Thanks.

put estimated date when she was 15.

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.