Noaki

USCIS sent me gift card ?!!!!

39 posts in this topic

The letter says you're the one who sent the gift card and they're returning it. 

But that letter looks WEIRD. Not official AT ALL. 

I guess you didn't include a gift card with your application, did you? 

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

The letter says you're the one who sent the gift card and they're returning it. 

But that letter looks WEIRD. Not official AT ALL. 

I guess you didn't include a gift card with your application, did you? 

Of course not!! I didn’t include any cards 

I paid the fees with cashier check !

3 minutes ago, Noaki said:

My guess was correct then. 

Did the letter come in an official envelope? Because on the picture, it looks pretty shady. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Noaki said:

Maybe your check was not for the correct amount so this is how they send it back for you to try again.

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

My guess was correct then. 

Did the letter come in an official envelope? Because on the picture, it looks pretty shady. 

Yes it comes in UPS from USCIS address at Phoenix- same address 

1 minute ago, Skyman said:

Maybe your check was not for the correct amount so this is how they send it back for you to try again.

I sent $680 as cashier check and they sent me email that my application was accepted and the receipt no. 

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

I believe this is a scam.

USCIS does not send out free debit cards.

There's no USCIS office address on the letter.  So generic.  Google USCIS letter and you will see they all have an address from the office that sent the letter.  Furthermore, they never use a generic "Dear Sir/Madam."

Is the debit card in your name?

Yes it has my name on it and the envelop has uscis address too 1820 E sky harbor phonix Arizona 

Of course it’s a scam!   You don’t have to pay a fee to “activate” a gift card!

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

I believe this is a scam.

USCIS does not send out free debit cards.

There's no USCIS office address on the letter.  So generic.  Google USCIS letter and you will see they all have an address from the office that sent the letter.  Furthermore, they never use a generic "Dear Sir/Madam."

Is the debit card in your name?

I do agree it looks as a scam. 

Wonder how did the scammers get the OP's info, including he/she is going through an immigration process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.