microcse1

i-130 for my brother

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I am a US citizen, I have submitted I have submitted an I-130 for my brother back in 2012. I received the I-797C form confirming that USCIS in Vermont received my application. at some point back in 2014, I checked the status of the application online and it says that it was approved. since then, I did not receive any communication regarding my application till today.

I reached out to USCIS via email, and got a generic response that doesn't answer your question.

Please advise the best course of action, should I lawyer up? should I wait?

Thank you in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 minutes ago, microcse1 said:

Hello,

I am a US citizen, I have submitted I have submitted an I-130 for my brother back in 2012. I received the I-797C form confirming that USCIS in Vermont received my application. at some point back in 2014, I checked the status of the application online and it says that it was approved. since then, I did not receive any communication regarding my application till today.

I reached out to USCIS via email, and got a generic response that doesn't answer your question.

Thank you in advance

It will be around 15-20 years for Brother/Sister of USC . Your I-130 can be at NVC by now and you can contact NVC for any update.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is nothing to update until the PD is current.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You need to wait.  There's nothing a lawyer can do to help you.

USCIS no longer has your I-130 petition.  USCIS has approved it and transferred it to the NVC to wait for your brother's Priority Date to become current in order to further process the case.  

The current Priority Date for the F4 category for most countries is Nov. 1, 2006.  With a PD of 2012, it will probably be another 6 years before the NVC needs to contact you to pay the DS-260 and I-864 fees.  

What country is your brother from?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, microcse1 said:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

Why are you reaching out to the uscis?  They finished the petition 7 years ago.

YMMV

1 hour ago, microcse1 said:

Hello,

Thank you in advance

What would be the reason to “lawyer up”?   

A lawyer can’t make a visa become available.   You have to wait your turn per the visa bulletin charts.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks guys for chiming in, much appreciated. to answer few questions:

Why are you reaching out to the uscis? 

>> Excuse my ignorance in the field, I reached out to the USCIS for only one reason, I submitted my petition with them, I did not know that I have to reach out to NVC.

>> Let's say North Africa,

>> Once again excuse my ignorance, I assumed that is the next step, since a lawyer will have more experience in the field.

Once again, you guys being awesome.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, microcse1 said:

>> Excuse my ignorance in the field, I reached out to the USCIS for only one reason, I submitted my petition with them, I did not know that I have to reach out to NVC.

>> Once again excuse my ignorance, I assumed that is the next step, since a lawyer will have more experience in the field.

North Africa is not a country.  Why so secretive? 

Previous posts suggest the brother is Moroccan. You asked back in 2013 about the process and were told it would be many, many years. You can check the visa bulletin to see how much progress is being made with F-4 (siblings of USCs) and which priority date is current. Until the priority date reached the stage of NVC moving to the next part of the process, nothing will happen. 

You said you petitioned two brothers and your mother. Your mother’s case should be done by now. It’s the same process for the brothers only much slower. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 hours ago, microcse1 said:

If it is Morocco ,  you should do a timeline for this visa and refer to posts on that forum

the VJ community here is knowledgeable in this type of visa and we will also apply for Adil's brother and i will use the advice here also as i don't have experience in this process

Morocco VJ members need to always write embassy reviews and post questions and ideas as this helps those who follow later

Edited by JeanneAdil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.