329 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SK93 said:

Okay, thanks ! Any idea if the request for evidence slows down the process a lot or not ? 

It will for sure. They can't proceed with processing your application until you get the RFE letter, gather whatever additional documentation they need, and send it back to them.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:50 PM, CoastingtoAOS said:

03/29/2021: Form I-130, 1-485, I-765, I-864, I-693 sent via UPS

03/31/2021: Received at Chicago lockbox 

05/16/2021: Credit card attempted charge but was blocked by bank for possible fraud (so upsetting)

05/17/2021: Filed I-130 online 
05/18/2021: AOS packet re-sent using (USPS)

05/21/21: delivered to the Chicago lockbox

06/08/21: Check cashed

06/08/21: notified via SMS of receipt#

Biometrics letter for 485/765 received in the mail yesterday (Mon, 06/28/21)

Biometrics letter is for 07/13/21 and is dated 06/18/21. 

I am so excited. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 6/29/2021 at 9:16 AM, CoastingtoAOS said:

I am so excited. 

your case seems going pretty fast! you got your biometric appointment in 20 days. Did you send your I-693 form in your package? or did you get a I-693 Deficiency Notice?

can't believe that you will have your biometrics taken in a mont since your process started! Those are good news!!

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

Feb 24th, 2021: USCIS received the package

Apr 5th, 2021: Package rejected, received back (Payment issue)

Apr 6th, 2021: Resent Package through USPS

Apr 7th, 2021: USCIS received the package @ Chicago Lockbox

May 21st, 2021: Checks cashed

May 23rd, 2021: Received the Text Messages with receipt number 

July 2nd, 2021: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received

July 8th, 2021: Expedite Request Received

July 16th, 2021: Received Fingerprint Appointment Letter

August 6th, 2021: Fingerprints Taken

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

November 17th, 2021: EAD Delivered

March 15th, 2022: Interview Scheduled

April 21th, 2022: Interview / New Card Being Produced

April 22th, 2022: Case Was Approved

13 minutes ago, alv&josh said:

your case seems going pretty fast! you got your biometric appointment in 20 days. Did you send your I-693 form in your package? or did you get a I-693 Deficiency Notice?

can't believe that you will have your biometrics taken in a mont since your process started! Those are good news!!

Yup. I am very delighted. Also, I sent my I-693 form with the initial AOS package. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/29/2021 at 8:16 AM, CoastingtoAOS said:

I am so excited. 

Wow, what is your local office? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, f4ancyfl4mingo said:

Has anyone tried expediting the biometrics? Maybe through a congressman or through expediting their EAD? Any success?

Many people in a Facebook group that I am in are saying that they have simply called USCIS and expedited their EAD, which triggered a biometrics appointment.  Apparently, they don't even have to give a reason for expedite.  These same people are saying they haven't had any luck expediting the biometrics, as it is set by the nearest service center.  I don't know if this will work.....I am about ready to try.  I am 90 days waiting for biometrics.  I know that many have waited longer, but I am seeing lots of movement in this particular Facebook group with people in the same or close month; February, March, April filers.

2 hours ago, Adventine said:

I'm stunned. My I-485 (green card) interview has been scheduled, 3 months after I filed the initial AOS packet. I wasn't expecting the AOS interview for 1-2 more years, based on the USCIS processing times for my field office (Memphis).

I didn't request for an expedite for the I-485. Only for the I-765 (EAD).

I-485 Timeline:

July 7, 2021 Interview Was Scheduled
July 2, 2021 We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
June 28, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
April 28, 2021 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
April 6, 2021 Case was received.

@Adventine that's awesome! Congrats! :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
On 5/27/2021 at 10:01 PM, Gloriabhm said:

04/20/21: packet sent (USPS)

04/24/21: delivered to the Chicago lockbox

05/19/21: credit card charged

05/20/21: notified via SMS of receipt#

05/27/21: got NOAs in the mail

I received a I693 deficiency in the mail on Tuesday! 

04/20/21: packet sent (USPS)

04/24/21: delivered to the Chicago lockbox

05/19/21: credit card charged

05/20/21: notified via SMS of receipt#

05/27/21: got NOAs in the mail

07/06/21: got I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated June 30th).

5 hours ago, Adventine said:

I'm stunned. My I-485 (green card) interview has been scheduled, 3 months after I filed the initial AOS packet. I wasn't expecting the AOS interview for 1-2 more years, based on the USCIS processing times for my field office (Memphis).

I didn't request for an expedite for the I-485. Only for the I-765 (EAD).

I-485 Timeline:

July 7, 2021 Interview Was Scheduled
July 2, 2021 We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
June 28, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
April 28, 2021 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
April 6, 2021 Case was received.

Congrats @Adventine! That's insanely fast. How long did you wait after your PD before you expedited? How did you go about doing it? Was it before they scheduled your biometrics? Sorry for all the questions, just curious 😅

5 minutes ago, aliens4 said:

Congrats @Adventine! That's insanely fast. How long did you wait after your PD before you expedited? How did you go about doing it? Was it before they scheduled your biometrics? Sorry for all the questions, just curious 😅

My I-485 priority date is April 6, 2021. I did not take it into account when I expedited. In May 2021, I just went online to USCIS's Emma, chatted with a live agent, and asked for an EAD expedite because my husband really needs someone trustworthy to help him with his business. I got the biometrics notice on June 16, 2021. Then the AOS interview notice mentioned in my post above.

I'm really shocked 🤣

On 7/8/2021 at 2:35 PM, Adventine said:

My I-485 priority date is April 6, 2021. I did not take it into account when I expedited. In May 2021, I just went online to USCIS's Emma, chatted with a live agent, and asked for an EAD expedite because my husband really needs someone trustworthy to help him with his business. I got the biometrics notice on June 16, 2021. Then the AOS interview notice mentioned in my post above.

I'm really shocked 🤣

So happy for you WOW! ❤️❤️

Could you please share more infos about how you were able to expedite it with Emma? What did you tell them? I tried several times and they said there is no way that can do anything like that so i would love if you could share more tips on how you did to have it expedite it so fast! Thank you so much @Aventine

16 hours ago, MichaelJuan.198 said:

So happy for you WOW! ❤️❤️

Could you please share more infos about how you were able to expedite it with Emma? What did you tell them? I tried several times and they said there is no way that can do anything like that so i would love if you could share more tips on how you did to have it expedite it so fast! Thank you so much @Aventine

I just asked Emma for a live agent, and I explained to the agent that I requested for an EAD expedite according to the criteria published on the USCIS website. Then I waited several weeks. That's all I did, really.

20 minutes ago, Adventine said:

I just asked Emma for a live agent, and I explained to the agent that I requested for an EAD expedite according to the criteria published on the USCIS website. Then I waited several weeks. That's all I did, really.

But and what i the agent told you? Did they say they would help you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.