22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sometime last month the 14th march,I reluctantly wrote the Visa Service Desk.Today l got this feedback from them(Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you need assistance.

For us to assist you further, please provide us your NVC Case Number)Just wondering if they can help in any way🤔I'd be greatful to read your individual opinions.

Thanks

4 hours ago, MyGODisAble🙏 said:

So sometime last month the 14th march,I reluctantly wrote the Visa Service Desk.Today l got this feedback from them(Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

For us to assist you further, please provide us your NVC Case Number)Just wondering if they can help in any way🤔I'd be greatful to read your individual opinions.

Thanks

I'm not sure what the Visa Service Desk even is, but if you have been assigned an NVC case number, you can get it by calling them.  It must be the petitioner who calls NVC.

Timeline

Yes she has been on them since January they gave us both case number and invoice number after our case got approved and was sent to them by the USCIS .OUR case has been with NVC since January

2 minutes ago, MyGODisAble🙏 said:

Yes she has been on them since January they gave us both case number and invoice number after our case got approved and was sent to them by the USCIS .OUR case has been with NVC since January

Okay, well then I'm not sure what your question is?

Cases stay at NVC until consulates request for them to be sent, which will be closer to the time they are ready to interview you.

Timeline

Thank you for you response ,my question is l got this from a branch of the US Visa desk that prepares people for travels ,the body incharge of emergency cases and expedite.this is exactly what they sent to me(Thank 

you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

For us to assist you further, please provide us your NVC Case Number)in bracket

4 hours ago, MyGODisAble🙏 said:

What would you be asking them? If your case is approved and sitting at the NVC, you’re basically in line for an interview. Lagos is starting to process K1 visas but I think right now they are focused on those whose interviews were canceled during COVID last year. 

41 minutes ago, MyGODisAble🙏 said:

Thank you for you response ,my question is l got this from a branch of the US Visa desk that prepares people for travels ,the body incharge of emergency cases and expedite.this is exactly what they sent to me(Thank 

you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

For us to assist you further, please provide us your NVC Case Number)in bracket

I'm sorry, I'm still not clear on what your question is.  

If you're asking for their help, you have your case number, they need that case number to help you, then.......    why not give it to them?

Timeline

I have given it to them already , actually am happy to get a formal response from them not those machine automated,l only wrote them a mail notifying them about Lagos consulate not attending to K visas how frustrated it is,and how the whole delay is effecting my fiancee and l.Lo and behold I got that response yesterday from them.Requesting for my case number

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Covid is delaying everybody, a lot. Have patience, friend. We just have to wait and wait and then wait some more. 🙏

👐

Patience......patience.

Timeline

Thank you Neca,the truth is am running out of patience 😁But am I've got no choice than to wait on them.Here in Nigeria,the Consulate has opened officially on the 17th of March,and they have been attending to other Visa categories and neglected k Visa' applicant's,it's just so annoying 

2 hours ago, MyGODisAble🙏 said:

Thank you Neca,the truth is am running out of patience 😁But am I've got no choice than to wait on them.Here in Nigeria,the Consulate has opened officially on the 17th of March,and they have been attending to other Visa categories and neglected k Visa' applicant's,it's just so annoying 

It will take quite some time to get through a year’s worth of backup for interviews of all categories.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It seems the Lagos embassy is working hard to clear the petitions that have been on hold since March 2020 

yours has only been waiting since January 20,  2021 (this year )   there are so many ahead of you from last year

you need a lot of patience /  this is only the beginning of "hurry up and wait " in the K1 visa process 

you will wait for EAD

you will wait for AP

you will wait for AOS

then again wait for ROC

Lagos is at this point putting emphasis on many who were in long long AP awaiting a decision after the interview and approved 18 K1's in February

IR1 129 approved

IR2 179

CR1 132

and 668 B1/B2 visas

In January Lagos approved B1/B2 552

Cr1 133

IR1 135

The above were more than likely petitions on hold thru all of 2020

Patients my friend 

Timeline

Thank you so so much Jeanne,for all the illustration.well my second name is Patience,l have one question to ask dou,when the Trump government in September 2020 made the K1 a priority what stopped the lagos consulate from attending to the applicant's rather they disregarded the decree now they have excess work load.well l am waiting patiently ,l've got no choice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.