eagle85

I-751 APRIL 2021 Filers (Removal of Conditions)

737 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Buhr said:

Congrats! Which service center?

Thanks! California service center.

K1 Filed – 05/07/17

K1 NOA1 – N0A2 – 02/06/2018 (211 days)

K1 Interview – 04/11/18 – Approved

Visa in Hand – 05/03/18

POE – LAX – 05/16/2018

Married – 06/11/2018

AOS Filed – 06/18/2018

@Kateryna_I about the driver's license... I think the issue is that many people that work in those places are not familiar with the immigration laws or what goes on.  Your UCIS letter should be enough proof to show that you are still good to go, maybe try at a different branch, call and verify to see if they know about the process of an extension letter. I'm in the March 2021 filers and have been waiting for an interview since Dec '21.  We sent our N-400 in May, just had the appointment w/ biometrics finally, one step closer. But I would suggest whoever is still waiting and can apply for the N400 to go ahead, at least it will get the ball rolling again. Hopefully we get a date soon for the final step.  Good luck everyone. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, journeymen2018 said:

Same here…mine got transferred to NBC

Same, LIN, transferred to NBC end of April and still nothing. Tried to get my passport stamped and they keep saying there are no available spots for appointment. So frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Still nothing on the I-751 from April of 2021, still sitting at LIN, but got the interview for citizenship in Chicago notice today for next month.

Hello all,

After waiting for 1 year and 2 months, I can finally relax a little bit! , ”. I was married to a USC and got divorced before submitting ROC. I submitted my application (LIN) with a divorce waiver in April 2021. I usually check my case status every morning and today, I thought it would be the same as usual with no update. I bursted into tears when I saw the update. I couldn’t believe it. No interview and the status just changed from biometric to “New card is being produced.”

I’ve been following this forum for a while and just like many of you, I’ve been very anxious about the whole process. I read so many stories about ROC with a divorce waiver and couldn’t stop myself from thinking the worst. This is a difficult journey but YOU GOT THIS! If your marriage is real, then no need to worry! Be patient, pray, and good things will happen 😁

My timeline (LIN)  is below:

August 16, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced

June 28, 2021: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.

April 7, 2021: We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

With that being said, I have a couple of questions:

1. When should I expect to receive the card in hand? I don’t think there will be any tracking number for the card, right?
  2. Would there be any possible way that USCIS change their decision after this? Sorry, I’m just very anxious about this! 
  3. I know that with a divorce waiver, I must wait 5 years to apply for citizenship. The clock starts from the date of my conditional residence, correct? I became a conditional residence in July 2019, so I can apply 90 days before the 5 years anniversary, meaning in April 2024?
  4. Most importantly, during the N400 interview, would my divorce be brought up and discussed? If so, how should I prepare for this? Should I bring the divorce certificate and the evidence I used for the i751 to prove bona fide marriage? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ht1607 said:

Hello all,

After waiting for 1 year and 2 months, I can finally relax a little bit! , ”. I was married to a USC and got divorced before submitting ROC. I submitted my application (LIN) with a divorce waiver in April 2021. I usually check my case status every morning and today, I thought it would be the same as usual with no update. I bursted into tears when I saw the update. I couldn’t believe it. No interview and the status just changed from biometric to “New card is being produced.”

I’ve been following this forum for a while and just like many of you, I’ve been very anxious about the whole process. I read so many stories about ROC with a divorce waiver and couldn’t stop myself from thinking the worst. This is a difficult journey but YOU GOT THIS! If your marriage is real, then no need to worry! Be patient, pray, and good things will happen 😁

My timeline (LIN)  is below:

August 16, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced

June 28, 2021: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.

April 7, 2021: We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

With that being said, I have a couple of questions:

1. When should I expect to receive the card in hand? I don’t think there will be any tracking number for the card, right?
  2. Would there be any possible way that USCIS change their decision after this? Sorry, I’m just very anxious about this! 
  3. I know that with a divorce waiver, I must wait 5 years to apply for citizenship. The clock starts from the date of my conditional residence, correct? I became a conditional residence in July 2019, so I can apply 90 days before the 5 years anniversary, meaning in April 2024?
  4. Most importantly, during the N400 interview, would my divorce be brought up and discussed? If so, how should I prepare for this? Should I bring the divorce certificate and the evidence I used for the i751 to prove bona fide marriage? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

1. Usually within a week. I believe you do get a tracking # once the card is mailed. 

2. No. They approved your case and won't review it again until N-400. 

3. Sounds right but you can check the exact date here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

4. It can be brought up, but those that file for citizenship under the 5 year rule generally do not have their marriages explored to the extent 3 year rule filers do. Basically, you should be prepared to possibly answer some questions about your marriage just in case, but if there is no suspicion of fraudulence, they are unlikely to waste time on it.

If you were in a bonafide marriage and you did not misrepresent anything about your marriage relationship, you should have absolutely nothing to worry about going forward. ROC was the biggest hurdle and you're past it. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m sure we all get the emails every Sunday with an estimated approval time… so I get one today and I open the email to see “you were approved, congrats!” (I haven’t been approved, case is still showing received.)

So when I click on the link it links me to a whole different persons timeline on visajourney so I guess THAT person got approved and updated their timeline which generated the congrats email, but super weird that my email address links to his profile… right?! 

Anyone had this happen? Attaching screenshots of the email and the members profile. 49D95CDC-E7AF-492F-9DB8-DDE0FCEA1A69.thumb.png.d9f783ad99e5f7a74ffce1dfc24ec432.png

9C2927D4-AC5B-44A0-AEE4-65709827E09D.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey. Yes I had that today and last weekend too. And the link took me to the same person  also. I thought it might have corrected itself this weekend, but no… 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
On 8/28/2022 at 11:02 PM, NicolaBolton87 said:

I’m sure we all get the emails every Sunday with an estimated approval time… so I get one today and I open the email to see “you were approved, congrats!” (I haven’t been approved, case is still showing received.)

So when I click on the link it links me to a whole different persons timeline on visajourney so I guess THAT person got approved and updated their timeline which generated the congrats email, but super weird that my email address links to his profile… right?! 

Anyone had this happen? Attaching screenshots of the email and the members profile. 49D95CDC-E7AF-492F-9DB8-DDE0FCEA1A69.thumb.png.d9f783ad99e5f7a74ffce1dfc24ec432.png

9C2927D4-AC5B-44A0-AEE4-65709827E09D.png

Yea I got the same thing…made me excited at first, then realized it wasn’t correct. I guess it’s good to see I’m not the only one. Frustrating…but must be some kind of computer glitch since others got it. 

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.