PWB

The Curse of St. Lukes

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

During the processing of our K1 Visa in the Philippines my wife had to undergo three test for TB.  The first time St. Lukes claimed she had the mysterious white line on her lungs caused us to get caught up in the approaching Covid crisis when they put her in the culture  testing protocol.  She was of course negative.  This caused us to not having enough time to get out of the country.  Then the Embassy allowed the medical to expire and once again St. Lukes made her go through the entire Sputum protocol even though she was negative.  Protest lead to another test and more time wasted on the culture requirements.  The final straw came when in November 2020 the Embassy three days after receiving the latest results from St. Lukes told my wife she had to get another physical.  I called time out and went to my Senator to intervene.   After the visa was issued we thought we were done with St. Lukes but much to our shock we were contacted by the Texas State Health Commission in January 2021,  and told that due to the failed TB testing in the Philippines my wife have to be tested again.  Part of this process required being isolated until the test was completed.  On the 22nd of March we were notified that my wife was negative for TB, just as she had been the previous three times.  St. Lukes has stolen over 6 months of our lives with the testing game as well as costing us over $1600.00.  Were we retaliated against by St. Lukes for actively protesting the TB testing, who knows.  We can only hope that this NIGHTMARE is finally behind us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

They were obviously worried about that white line appearing on x-ray every time, but If I remember well, white line on lung x-ray can mean from being nothing to many things. So I agree that testing her for TB 3 times is ridiculous, one negative test should have been enough for visa, and if doctor was still concerned about her health, should have advised her to get other diagnostics procedures in order to determine what is causing that line to show 🤔

Edited by Kittinpaw

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What was frustrating about this was all St. Lukes did was collect the money and do sputum test and start the 8 week culture.  No X-ray after initial X-ray. Just pay your money for the right to stay in the line.  Interesting, when confronted St. Lukes blamed the Embassy for the TB Protocol and the Embassy blamed CDC.

17 minutes ago, PWB said:

What was frustrating about this was all St. Lukes did was collect the money and do sputum test and start the 8 week culture.  No X-ray after initial X-ray. Just pay your money for the right to stay in the line.  Interesting, when confronted St. Lukes blamed the Embassy for the TB Protocol and the Embassy blamed CDC.

Why would they do another x-ray if her sputum result was negative?

I honestly think SLMC is just trying to cash in on all K1/ spousal visas. Someone needs to have their equipments checked or their X-ray staff if they are qualified to do their jobs. This issue has been going on for a long time and EVERYONE seems to have problems with their X-rays. I wonder if someone already filed a formal complaint for investigation.

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

40 minutes ago, PWB said:

Interesting, when confronted St. Lukes blamed the Embassy for the TB Protocol and the Embassy blamed CDC.

Maybe also look at the local conditions and health practices in the countries where TB is endemic, such as Philippines?  Health inadmissibility guidelines for US immigration are universal.

3 hours ago, Journey2Princess said:

Who is the Texas State Senator you reached out to?

What do you expect a senator to do?  Intervene in the workflows of a Philippine hospital?  Make a quick policy change to the health inadmissibility?  

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Philippines regional forum*~*~* 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

8 minutes ago, PWB said:

A Philippine hospital was not the issue.  The Embassy requiring another physical when one was just completed less than a week ago was the issue.  Senator Ted Cruz understood the problem and got it done.

So how was the outcome any different than it would have been had he not 'got it done'?

5 hours ago, PWB said:

A Philippine hospital was not the issue.  The Embassy requiring another physical when one was just completed less than a week ago was the issue.  Senator Ted Cruz understood the problem and got it done.

Love me some Ted Cruz

He has called out Biden for letting thousands and thousand of illegal aliens come into Texas with no medical, no Covid Testing.  Just welcome to the USA and enjoy it here

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you expect a senator to do?  Intervene in the workflows of a Philippine hospital?  Make a quick policy change to the health inadmissibility?  

It's a hospital that all immigrants from Philippines use for the Medical Exam if you are going to the USA. It a con game where you pay US Prices for Philippines medical services.

The US Embassy has appointed them the gateway

10 hours ago, Celebi said:

I honestly think SLMC is just trying to cash in on all K1/ spousal visas. Someone needs to have their equipments checked or their X-ray staff if they are qualified to do their jobs. This issue has been going on for a long time and EVERYONE seems to have problems with their X-rays. I wonder if someone already filed a formal complaint for investigation.

Wouldn't hurt to file a formal complaint

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.