PWB

The Curse of St. Lukes

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

So how was the outcome any different than it would have been had he not 'got it done'?

Wow, did you read my post or just start responding with liberal rhetoric.  I called the Embassy when they tried to send my wife back to St. Lukes three days after they received her Physical.  They told me that due to reduced staffing they could not respond to my problem at that time and that she needed to respond to their request for another  physical without even checking to see that they had her completed physical.  Senator Cruz got this mess straighten out within 72 hours.

48 minutes ago, PWB said:

Wow, did you read my post or just start responding with liberal rhetoric.  I called the Embassy when they tried to send my wife back to St. Lukes three days after they received her Physical.  They told me that due to reduced staffing they could not respond to my problem at that time and that she needed to respond to their request for another  physical without even checking to see that they had her completed physical.  Senator Cruz got this mess straighten out within 72 hours.

TBH, your post was long and full of complaints.   It really wasn’t clear what impact, if any, the senator’s intervention had in the final outcome.

And I’m not sure how my question could be considered “liberal rhetoric.”   Politics aside, VJ is full of people who expect members of congress to be able to sort out all of their immigration minutiae.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

So how was the outcome any different than it would have been had he not 'got it done'?

In this country our Government created the immigration nightmare and is the only source we have to try and correct this quagmire. What you call complaints is an actual accounting of our K1 experience.  If you choose to not have an understanding of what we had to endure  than so be it,  just go away please.

7 hours ago, PWB said:

In this country our Government created the immigration nightmare and is the only source we have to try and correct this quagmire. What you call complaints is an actual accounting of our K1 experience.  If you choose to not have an understanding of what we had to endure  than so be it,  just go away please.

Anyone is free to comment here at VJ.   It’s in the terms of service.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed. As already mentioned it is a TOS Violation to tell members not to post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

If a medical was redone a week before the phone call, they most likely still had it waiting to be filed. I really do not see anything here that your Senator could have done that you could not have handled yourself. 

As far as the Texas Health contacting you. That is something every state does when a failed TB test is reported. Nothing new there. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, Celebi said:

I honestly think SLMC is just trying to cash in on all K1/ spousal visas. Someone needs to have their equipments checked or their X-ray staff if they are qualified to do their jobs. This issue has been going on for a long time and EVERYONE seems to have problems with their X-rays. I wonder if someone already filed a formal complaint for investigation.

My 15 year old son who is perfectly healthy and who have had no history of lung sickness just had his medical today at slec and was told he failed his xray and had to do the sputum test (hard to believe). They really need to have their xray machines checked or there is just really something fishy that’s going on there. 

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Timeline
11 hours ago, JobienJeck said:

My 15 year old son who is perfectly healthy and who have had no history of lung sickness just had his medical today at slec and was told he failed his xray and had to do the sputum test (hard to believe). They really need to have their xray machines checked or there is just really something fishy that’s going on there. 

When I talked of our experience with SLEC some on this site berated me for complaining.  The facts speak the truth.  In the Philippines the average cost for child birth in a hospital is roughly 65.00 USD.  A K1 physical is over 10 times that amount, and could be more depending on travel to SLEC.  When my wife took her 2nd physical all they did was collect the money and put her through sputum testing again because that is the protocol.  Three negative tests and they tried for a fourth.

Timeline
On 3/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, Ontarkie said:

If a medical was redone a week before the phone call, they most likely still had it waiting to be filed. I really do not see anything here that your Senator could have done that you could not have handled yourself. 

As far as the Texas Health contacting you. That is something every state does when a failed TB test is reported. Nothing new there. 

I tried to handle it myself.  The Embassy would not listen.  

Timeline
8 hours ago, PWB said:

I tried to handle it myself.  The Embassy would not listen.  

Definitely a good call then. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same sentiments as you do. I have always been perfectly healthy, everything is normal everytime I go for health exams and suddenly I was surprised with st lukes holding me up because they saw something in my lungs. Smh. I have read numerous complaints about them regarding this scheming xray/sputum thing theyre putting through with numerous applicants.

I wish someone could advise me what to do next. I wish to skip the 2months waiting for the result. Is it possible to get another xray, from another st lukes branch perhaps and present it to them?

56 minutes ago, Mika** said:

I have the same sentiments as you do. I have always been perfectly healthy, everything is normal everytime I go for health exams and suddenly I was surprised with st lukes holding me up because they saw something in my lungs. Smh. I have read numerous complaints about them regarding this scheming xray/sputum thing theyre putting through with numerous applicants.

I wish someone could advise me what to do next. I wish to skip the 2months waiting for the result. Is it possible to get another xray, from another st lukes branch perhaps and present it to them?

Nope

They are the only game in town.  They are the only accredited place by the US Embassy to have it done is the SLEC in Ermita.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mika** said:

Once they tag you as TB suspect it follows you for a long time.  When you get to America you will be tested again by the local health department.  The amount of money SLEC charges is an outrage.  Normal childbirth in the Philippines is far less expensive than a physical in SLEC.

4 hours ago, Mika** said:

I wish to skip the 2months waiting for the result. Is it possible to get another xray, from another st lukes branch perhaps and present it to them?

No skipping the wait time for medical exam completion if you want your visa.  Only medical exam results from SLEC (not any other St. Luke's branch) will be accepted by USEM.

Timeline

After the second failed test at SLEC,  both negative, we went to an independent Doctor who had worked at SLEC for an X-ray and the results failed to show the white line that was in question at SLEC.   When she went for the third time to SLEC she challenged them but was told that CDC set the standard. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.