TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

705 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Dominican Republic received 3265 visas in June which means they only have 4615 visas left for the year (3 more months) before they cross the 7% country limit. On average they can receive 1538 visas per month. Anything above for the next 3 months, they should go into their own quota. 

I hope it happens else the Rest of the World will be dragged with them with retrogress and everything. After 2 years, if we have to hear we are retrogressing, then it's beyond disappointing. 

But I will be even more disappointed if the retrogress is being done to make sure Dominican Republic doesn't cross the 7% limit. 

Screenshot_20230723-060539.png

Edited by zaback21

Timeline

Here's the latest numbers after June 2023 update.  Dominican Republic received the second highest visa of this year in June. One more such month and I don't see how DR can not cross 7% or 25,620 visa limit of this year. 

DR.jpg

Edited by zaback21

6 hours ago, zaback21 said:

Here's the latest numbers after June 2023 update.  Dominican Republic received the second highest visa of this year in June. One more such month and I don't see how DR can not cross 7% or 25,620 visa limit of this year. 

DR.jpg

wow after seeing this i don't think anybody from the Dominican Republic would complain or be as frustrated as we are. I heard that many family preference visas from 2021 and 2022 were shifted to the employment category, resulting in F2A being the hardest hit in the August Visa Bulletin. Although I am also curious about why the Dominican Republic is receiving half of the F2B visas, at least the visas are not going to waste in this fiscal year. Currently, there are 380k+ IV applicants, and I don't know how many of them are F2B, which will determine the movement in October.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, xavier2014 said:

wow after seeing this i don't think anybody from the Dominican Republic would complain or be as frustrated as we are. I heard that many family preference visas from 2021 and 2022 were shifted to the employment category, resulting in F2A being the hardest hit in the August Visa Bulletin. Although I am also curious about why the Dominican Republic is receiving half of the F2B visas, at least the visas are not going to waste in this fiscal year. Currently, there are 380k+ IV applicants, and I don't know how many of them are F2B, which will determine the movement in October.

Good point regarding wastage. On the positive, I'd rather we have as many visa numbers used this year irrespective of the country/post rather than them going to waste overall which will in turn affect Family Preference numbers the next fiscal year as they usually pass those on to EB Visas. Hopefully we will have most if not all Family Preference Visa Numbers available as from October so that we can start seeing substantial movement.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, zaback21 said:

DR.jpg

I'm bummed that the F2B visa final action dates aren't moving ahead, and it's frustrating that the NVC is only interviewing people from the Dominican Republic. But I guess they might be trying to get all countries on par before September 22 before they continue with the visa process.

What do you think?

Timeline
8 hours ago, GusHD said:

I'm bummed that the F2B visa final action dates aren't moving ahead, and it's frustrating that the NVC is only interviewing people from the Dominican Republic. But I guess they might be trying to get all countries on par before September 22 before they continue with the visa process.

What do you think?

The whole world can move 2 years ahead if Dominican Republic is put in a separate PD. Given they have received around 1200+ F2B visas every month on average, I don't see it decreasing or anything at all in future. We are doomed if it's not separated. Every category after almost 2 years had their PD or filing date moved in visa bulletin except F2B. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, zaback21 said:

The whole world can move 2 years ahead if Dominican Republic is put in a separate PD. Given they have received around 1200+ F2B visas every month on average, I don't see it decreasing or anything at all in future. We are doomed if it's not separated. Every category after almost 2 years had their PD or filing date moved in visa bulletin except F2B. 

Yeah, but are they processing that amount because Dominican Republic 1) backlog was staged for much more time than the other countries or 2) citizens submit much more F2B request than the other countries?

If it's 2) them I would agree with you that they should have their own category. But even if they do it wouldn't fair for those whom submitted before this proposed change.

So the only thing I hope now is that NVC is able to finish their Dominican Republic backlog and start processing these other countries again. This situation is insanely unfair and they need to intervene somehow.

Timeline
12 hours ago, GusHD said:

Yeah, but are they processing that amount because Dominican Republic 1) backlog was staged for much more time than the other countries or 2) citizens submit much more F2B request than the other countries?

If it's 2) them I would agree with you that they should have their own category. But even if they do it wouldn't fair for those whom submitted before this proposed change.

So the only thing I hope now is that NVC is able to finish their Dominican Republic backlog and start processing these other countries again. This situation is insanely unfair and they need to intervene somehow.

It's number 2. I don't have any issues with them taking 7% of F2B. But if they take 50% of F2B of the whole world, then they are basically denying other countries. And DR is not even a country of like India or China like 1.3 billion+ or even Bangladesh or Pakistan like 170-220 million. The population of DR is 11 million which is basically one third of most major metropolitan cities of the countries I mentioned above. Population of Dhaka is 28 million+ lol. 

So, they are taking F2B visas way way above the average according to their population. Given all those complain about F4 visas taken by Bangladesh or other countries, we are not even touching 3.5% of our 7% yearly limit. We should get 7% since we are the worst in the world right now. We are doing interviews of people with Documentarily Qualified date of May 2020 in July 2023. We are more than 3 years behind. 

Edited by zaback21

Timeline
8 hours ago, zaback21 said:

It's number 2. I don't have any issues with them taking 7% of F2B. But if they take 50% of F2B of the whole world, then they are basically denying other countries. And DR is not even a country of like India or China like 1.3 billion+ or even Bangladesh or Pakistan like 170-220 million. The population of DR is 11 million which is basically one third of most major metropolitan cities of the countries I mentioned above. Population of Dhaka is 28 million+ lol. 

So, they are taking F2B visas way way above the average according to their population. Given all those complain about F4 visas taken by Bangladesh or other countries, we are not even touching 3.5% of our 7% yearly limit. We should get 7% since we are the worst in the world right now. We are doing interviews of people with Documentarily Qualified date of May 2020 in July 2023. We are more than 3 years behind. 

Yeah, you don't tell me 😮‍💨. My PD is Sep-2015, I am as frustrated as everyone.

But I feel that the only thing I can do is to put my emotions aside and try to understand what's happening so I can set my own expectations.

I think that NVC will only advance on the PD once they've cleared the backlog, that's why they might be breaking this 7% rule with DR.
I wonder how far are they with this process... and if things will move on finally after October. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, GusHD said:

Yeah, you don't tell me 😮‍💨. My PD is Sep-2015, I am as frustrated as everyone.

But I feel that the only thing I can do is to put my emotions aside and try to understand what's happening so I can set my own expectations.

I think that NVC will only advance on the PD once they've cleared the backlog, that's why they might be breaking this 7% rule with DR.
I wonder how far are they with this process... and if things will move on finally after October. 

I am not sure. But if NVC actually cared, then they would have given 7% visas to countries that are still doing 2020 DQ people. Heck even India is doing 2021. 

Give visas to countries that are still processing 2020 or 2021, so the whole world can be in one date. But unfortunately it's absolutely messed up. Even though PD is same, some people have to wait 3 more years because they are in a different country. 

And NVC won't follow category or PD, they only follow DQ date, so I have to wait once all the F4 visas are issued and 3 years of DQ people are cleared before I can even worry about something happening for F2B. 

I've been lurking for a few weeks and finally decided to make an account. I do agree how frustrating it is that so many of the F2Bs are going to DR. Though we do have to remember that all those people do have a PD prior to the Final Action Date, so one way or the other we have to get through this DR backlog before there can be any movement. I found this chart from FY 2022 which shows that DR does indeed have the second highest backlog for F2B. If this trend continues I hope it will be given it's own category. I am not sure how and when this is decided. 

image.thumb.png.f5fb6bcb1097076a3f4ca6a32071c148.png

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Clarke84 said:

I've been lurking for a few weeks and finally decided to make an account. I do agree how frustrating it is that so many of the F2Bs are going to DR. Though we do have to remember that all those people do have a PD prior to the Final Action Date, so one way or the other we have to get through this DR backlog before there can be any movement. I found this chart from FY 2022 which shows that DR does indeed have the second highest backlog for F2B. If this trend continues I hope it will be given it's own category. I am not sure how and when this is decided. 

Phillipines and Mexico have their own PD for F2B, thereby not affecting the rest of the world. DR definitely needs one and they received 60% more visas than Phillipines. 

Edited by zaback21

4 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

Phillipines and Mexico have their own PD for F2B, thereby not affecting the rest of the world. DR definitely needs one and they received 60% more visas than Phillipines. 

They still affect the rest of world in terms on total F2B visas issued - but they have a separate PD as needed. So the affect is less.

Timeline

I agree on @Clarke84

24 minutes ago, Clarke84 said:

I wonder if we sum the visas that have being issued to DR would cover the backlog. If that's the case we should have movement soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.