TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

664 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bobo123 said:

2 years?? That’s pretty crazy 😥😓

my embassy is Montreal. I have been DQed since 19th Jan 2023. Priority date March 2015. (Current) 

The Montreal website is saying there are interviewing people who were DQed in Dec 2022.

what’s your embassy?

PD is Dec2016

Dq in Jan2023
Mumbai - India Consulate 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sent to them sometime after they enter the US, usually a few weeks can be a few months.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The details are unclear but I have seen that this scheme will be numerically limited and by invitation 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So I was reading this from VB. Then checked monthly visa issuance for F2B, found Dominican Republic got 9k+ visa so far in this fiscal year. Isn't there's a quota per country where rest of the world not even got 50 visas per month. Only F2B stuck in VB for years. Now this retrogress warning 

"

D.  FAMILY-SPONSORED SECOND PREFERENCE AVAILABILITY

In the April 2023 Visa Bulletin, it was necessary to establish a final action date in the F2A category.  Number use has continued to remain steady, and it may become necessary to retrogress the final action date to keep number use within the FY-2023 annual limit.

Additionally, number use in the F2B category has been steady throughout the fiscal year, and it may become necessary to retrogress the final action dates for Rest of World countries, India, and China to keep number use within the FY-2023 annual limit.  These situations will be continually monitored, and any necessary adjustments will be made accordingly.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 6/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, xavier2014 said:

So I was reading this from VB. Then checked monthly visa issuance for F2B, found Dominican Republic got 9k+ visa so far in this fiscal year. Isn't there's a quota per country where rest of the world not even got 50 visas per month. Only F2B stuck in VB for years. Now this retrogress warning 

"

D.  FAMILY-SPONSORED SECOND PREFERENCE AVAILABILITY

In the April 2023 Visa Bulletin, it was necessary to establish a final action date in the F2A category.  Number use has continued to remain steady, and it may become necessary to retrogress the final action date to keep number use within the FY-2023 annual limit.

Additionally, number use in the F2B category has been steady throughout the fiscal year, and it may become necessary to retrogress the final action dates for Rest of World countries, India, and China to keep number use within the FY-2023 annual limit.  These situations will be continually monitored, and any necessary adjustments will be made accordingly.

There's a 7% county cap, which is why India, Mexico, Phillipines and China have separate Priority Date. Dominican Republic needs to have it's own PD else it won't move for the rest of the world. Last month DR received 2037 visas, my country only 5. 

Edited by zaback21

On 6/8/2023 at 6:10 PM, zaback21 said:

There's a 7% county cap, which is why India, Mexico, Phillipines and China have separate Priority Date. Dominican Republic needs to have it's own PD else it won't move for the rest of the world. Last month DR received 2037 visas, my country only 5. 

I don't see any problem D.R getting 9K visas as long as rest of the world getting their fair share of visas not 7% at least 10-50 visas per demand.

I think embassy also do update interview date per category, they can limit visas instead on VB.

Otherwise people from other countries can raise this issue to their district/state representatives or NVC

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In the current FY2023 total 342,072 immigrant visas are issued until April '23. Dominican Republic received 31,251 visas so far, which is 9.14% of the total. It's clearly above the 7% threshold. Is DOS waiting until the end of FY2023 to check on this?

Majority of their visas are in the F2B category. One possible reason Dominican Republic getting so many F2B visas: a lot of derivative visas are probably getting attached to the original beneficiaries. For example, if the PD becomes current for a F2B applicant, he or she is not only applying for themselves, they are also including their children in their application. So basically they are under F24 and their children are under F25. By definition they are not allowed to be married, but they are allowed to have children. Without any limitations. Any thoughts?

derivative beneficiary can immigrate, as long as child is under 21 but not their partners since its an unmarried category.

I think you are right, that's why Philippine and Vietnam also getting 200+ F2B visas per month meanwhile India where there is no culture to have children before getting married only getting around 50 F2B visas per month.

Not so many countries have F2B applicants actually if you just remove DR from scene it would move faster than F2A.

now it seems it would be a long wait for rest of the world! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.