2,947 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

I will definitely, i am very positive and will fight for this in until i win. When did you apply and when did your status changed? 

My priority date is being counted since August 2020. I did not get any work permit under c9. But the status action was very quickly. I started to make inquires through congress and obdusman already regarding my work permit. Hopefully, they issue it soon. we never know things can be faster with our new president :D Status changed was last on april 29 2021

Edited by Sk N

1 minute ago, Sk N said:

My priority date is being counted since August 2020. I did not get any work permit under c9. But the status action was very quickly. I started to make inquires through congress and obdusman already regarding my work permit. Hopefully, they issue it soon. we never know things can be faster with our new president :D

Yes, let's hope for approval soon. Yes the new president is pretty pushing on immigration and to shorten processing time as USCIS and courts are overload and in backlog

Just now, God is a good God said:

Yes, let's hope for approval soon. Yes the new president is pretty pushing on immigration and to shorten processing time as USCIS and courts are overload and in backlog

please please keep me posted with your updated action , it feels really great seeing approvals and really thankful for this forum. It helps with my anxiety and kills my time a lot. I really  do not know how am i passing my days without any job ! :(

32 minutes ago, Sk N said:

please please keep me posted with your updated action , it feels really great seeing approvals and really thankful for this forum. It helps with my anxiety and kills my time a lot. I really  do not know how am i passing my days without any job ! :(

I will definitely. Sorry you don't have a job yet, praying that your work permit comes faster. I am grateful to God for the job i have, it helps me get busy. I even built a house in my home country and bought a house here in the USA last year, this is a motivation for me. I feel that there's a second chance after every mess or abuse in Life. I thank God for that

Just now, God is a good God said:

I will definitely. Sorry you don't have a job yet, praying that your work permit comes faster. I am grateful to God for the job i have, it helps me get busy. I even built a house in my home country and bought a house here in the USA last year, this is a motivation for me. I feel that there's a second chance after every mess or abuse in Life. I thank God for that

truth will defeat any battle comes in our way !! Very thankful for this path to let us survive :) hang in there i prayed for you 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi. The question for friend 

she’s going open her own company for business she has vawa case , still waiting her approval. She still is married (live separate) does she get any risk for that if she open her new business? Can her abuser take anything from her business? What risk she gets while she’s marriage ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

My I-485 family based green card interview is next week June 15th 2021. I already filed I-360 May 24th but do not have the initial response yet. I have a letter telling USCIS to hold my I-485 in abeyance what other documents do I go with ? Also my EAD gotten based on marriage to my abusive spouse is expiring Nov, 2021. I already filed to renew it but I am scared USCIS may not renew it since I my spouse won't be going with me to interview. Would having them hold my I-485 in abeyance cause my EAD renewal to be denied ?

5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey Iceman, I’m excited for you! I know how relieved and extremely happy you must be now😄 wow..your day came at last!! This is how it will be for everyone waiting AMEN!!!🙏🙏🙏😇😊🎊🎉🍾🎈

Thank you!!! Yes, just be patient everyone. Your time will come. 🙏🏽

6 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

Hello Everyone, 

My I-485 was approved today. It's been a loooong journey for me, but I'm glad it's finally come to an end. Special thanks to @Stillwinning!!!😊 for always answering questions. 
Here is my timeline.
My local office is Dallas, Texas.
Attorney is Oklahoma (There is a reason why I am mentioning this. lol) 
Nov 13, 2017- I-360 filed 
Jan 31, 2018 - RFE (good moral character)
March 12, 2018 - USCIS received Response to RFE.
June 20, 2019- EAD approved (I-360)
Jan 11,2020- 1-360 approved.
Since I was in removal proceeding, we had to inform the court that my i-360 was approved and we would like to terminate the proceedings. The ICE attorney and the judge accepted our request.
April 29- 2021 - filed I-485.
Aug 29, 2021 - Case was moved to local office.
December 27 - We are ready to schedule your interview.
December 29- Interview scheduled (However, since my attorney is in Oklahoma the interview was scheduled to OKC field office. My attorney reached to the OKC field office and informed them that I do not live in Oklahoma.)
Jan 12, 2021 – interview was cancelled.
May 6, 2021, Interview scheduled again at the wrong field office.
May 12, 2021, interview cancelled again. 
May 28, 2021 – Attorney received a notice for interview in Dallas field office (interview was scheduled for 6/7/2021)
June 7, 2021 – Card in production ( The status changed 10 mins after I walked out of the interview.)
June 8th, 2021 – Case approved.  
Interview was extremely easy, and I was there for total of 30 mins. The officer did not ask any VAWA questions. All the questions asked were Yes and No. Since it was raining outside, the interview lasted about 5 mins, and for the reminder 25 mins we were talking about random stuff. Lol 
To all of you waiting… Please be patient and try to keep yourselves busy. Focus on learning something new and growing as a person. Do not let this come in between what you want to achieve in life. For me it took total of 3.6 years. Please feel free to DM if you guys have any question. Good luck all! 😊

image.thumb.png.f4eac137b233ab5381bbd4132b103e78.png

God is amazing, congratulations 🥳🥳🗽

3 hours ago, God is a good God said:

@fullofluck had the same message and his i360 got approved 63 days after the message. Yes, i will do it at the interview bringing  new proof to prove that my marriage was bona fide and not entered for immigration purposes. I can still send my proof together with my i485 or when I get RFE. My ex wife wrote me a notorized affidavit where she says our marriage was real but she was just careless in many things towards me, she even stated that i was a good man but she did too much careless things with me. And i have notorized letters from neighbors and friends attesting our marriage was real even though we had some challenges when we were living together

I pray it all work out for you and you get the chance to prove your marriage was real. 

@fullofluck had the same message and his i360 got approved 63 days after the message. Yes, i will do it at the interview bringing  new proof to prove that my marriage was bona fide and not entered for immigration purposes. I can still send my proof together with my i485 or when I get RFE. My ex wife wrote me a notorized affidavit where she says our marriage was real but she was just careless in many things towards me, she even stated that i was a good man but she did too much careless things with me. And i have notorized letters from neighbors and friends attesting our marriage was real even though we had some challenges when we were living together

I pray it all work out for you and you get the chance to prove your marriage was real. 

10 hours ago, God is a good God said:

This is the situation that happened in my case, went with the abuser at the interview. She intentionally took a driver's license with her friend's address one month before the interview and hide that from me. We went at the interview and she told the officer that she forgot her driver's license but she confessed we were living together. Interview November 2018. Things got bad between us as she was threatening me to make me deported by any means, plus other abuses financial as she confiscated my debits and credits cards and was using my salary as she wants, verbale abuses , physical abuses.... and i divorced her July 2019. Filed i360 October 2019. But i thought like you i360 will replace i130 but unfortunately, uscis made a decision on i130 2 years after interview February 2021 that they investigated and found out my ex wife took a driver's license with another address and she failed to revealed her new address at the interview and USCIS put fraud 204c on my i130 last February 2021 while i360 was already pending. She accomplished her mission to screw me up. Now i don't know what the i360 décision will be like and uscis may use that 204c she intentionally did to deny my case. I'm praying i received a RFE or NOID for me to provide proof that we were Still living together at our address eventhough she took a driver's license with another address a month before the interview. And after interview, she wrote to uscis not to withdraw the case, but talk things to mess up my case to accomplish what she was threatening me... I'm hoping on God only when it comes to my case, i went through severe depression and PTSD.... because of her

God will make a way for you. I pray all goes well and hope you get a chance to explain everything to uscis. Thanks for the info. We'll no one knows what mine will say if he is called for an interview but God sees it all and I hope those incharge can see his lies. I hope and pray We all come out as winners.

3 hours ago, ajango said:

Hello,

My I-485 family based green card interview is next week June 15th 2021. I already filed I-360 May 24th but do not have the initial response yet. I have a letter telling USCIS to hold my I-485 in abeyance what other documents do I go with ? Also my EAD gotten based on marriage to my abusive spouse is expiring Nov, 2021. I already filed to renew it but I am scared USCIS may not renew it since I my spouse won't be going with me to interview. Would having them hold my I-485 in abeyance cause my EAD renewal to be denied ?

Just let the officer know that you filled the VAWA. I hope you get the receipt notice before the interview. 

Worse case scenario you can always send the i-485. 

5 hours ago, ajango said:

Hello,

If you have the receipt notice for i360, go with it..if not the officer will give you a timeframe to send it in! Having them hold your i485 in abeyance will not cause your EAD renewal to be denied! Also always renew your EAD well in advance..(180days) before expiration date!👍

9 hours ago, God is a good God said:

So far the processing times keep growing. I don't see a president pushing on immigration at all...where do you get that from?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.