2,947 posts in this topic

God Bless Everyone ! 

I know about this blessed forum for a while  and I have been helped by someone from this forum through my vawa I-360 approval process . 

I really need an urgent  guidance for my decision making  . Let me share my story in short ....

05/23/2018 = I got married with my husband who is US citizen (Family decision had influence on our marriage that I literally regret. My visa was F1- student )

04/16/2019 = I had to leave my spouse because of violence and he was drug abuser  . He was arrested . We were on process gathering documents for GC application . Eventually , he hasn't applied   green card for me . 

08/09/2019  = Applied for I-360 ( based on violence pictures, police reports, texts, witnesses) 

09/13/2020  = I received the approval notice for I-360 with EAD

12/03/2020 = Applied for I-485 and I-765 ( EAD ) ----- I haven't received any receipt notice for the case . I am not sure when I am going to receive that. 

I am still in F1-visa and working for a company where I got picked up for h1b lottery  this year 2021 a week ago . So my company is interested to apply for h1b visa . I am not sure if I should let my company to apply for h1b visa ? Will that affect I-360 or I-485 ? After this november 2021 , my f1 status will be expired .  if I do not have any status  , I will lose my job . So it is kinda hard decision for me . 

And  Does I-360 approval notice have any expiration date  ? Should  I keep renewing the EAD card based on I-360 and leave my F1 status and h1b opportunity ? 

I also need good suggestions from everyone that would be the best approach for me . 

I pray the Lord God blesses everyone. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/2/2021 at 4:48 PM, isurvived said:

Wonder why it's taking so long. I hope they respond soon. Cause I had my interview this week, waiting for approval. I hope we all hear something soon. My letter said 90days max, hopefully you hear back soon and positively too

What questions did then ask you? I had kids after my ex. N hehe I hope it is not a bad thing. They asked me about my kids 

7 hours ago, HopOnHope said:

God Bless Everyone ! 

I know about this blessed forum for a while  and I have been helped by someone from this forum through my vawa I-360 approval process . 

I really need an urgent  guidance for my decision making  . Let me share my story in short ....

05/23/2018 = I got married with my husband who is US citizen (Family decision had influence on our marriage that I literally regret. My visa was F1- student )

04/16/2019 = I had to leave my spouse because of violence and he was drug abuser  . He was arrested . We were on process gathering documents for GC application . Eventually , he hasn't applied   green card for me . 

08/09/2019  = Applied for I-360 ( based on violence pictures, police reports, texts, witnesses) 

12/03/2020 = Applied for I-485 and I-765 ( EAD ) ----- I haven't received any receipt notice for the case . I am not sure when I am going to receive that. 

I am still in F1-visa and working for a company where I got picked up for h1b lottery  this year 2021 a week ago . So my company is interested to apply for h1b visa . I am not sure if I should let my company to apply for h1b visa ? Will that affect I-360 or I-485 ? After this november 2021 , my f1 status will be expired .  if I do not have any status  , I will lose my job . So it is kinda hard decision for me . 

And  Does I-360 approval notice have any expiration date  ? Should  I keep renewing the EAD card based on I-360 and leave my F1 status and h1b opportunity ? 

I also need good suggestions from everyone that would be the best approach for me . 

Approval of I360 does not expire you can continued to renew your EAD base on C31, I-485 receipts are taking longer than usual but 4 months seems very long time to me. Did you sent your I-485 package with a tracking #? 

8 hours ago, HopOnHope said:

God Bless Everyone ! 

Please get you H1b processed. The EAD takes long time to be approved each time so you may have gap that won’t allow you to work. 

H1B is more stable, and can be renewed, total 6 years. It’s a blessing you got the lottery. 

H1B won’t cancel your VAWA. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/6/2021 at 12:03 PM, FAP said:

I actually know quite a few males that got approved first hand. No RFEs , nothing. straight approval  after 18-24 months

Thank you FAP, this is really encouraging info. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post removed for derailing thread. Others for quoting said posts.  Start your own thread is you wish to share your thoughts.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

3 minutes ago, Pepe3 said:

Hi, community! Finally my EAD status show “new card is being produced. “! Feel like finally started to seeing some lights
I can get back to work! 

PD 9/21/2020 

Mine PD 10/26/2020 New card is being produced 04/05/2021  They are taking longer time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No harm in getting on H1b, its definitely not going to affect your VAWA in any way. You also have the C31 EAD as backup if h1b doesnt work out. overall you are safe with approved I360 whether you go with H1b or not. There is a small chance of being out of status if you dont have valid h1 or f1 status in case of denial of I485 down the line, but its low likelihood (please consult a lawyer, I dont know all the criteria for I485 denial). Contact VSC through your senator's office to know why its delayed I485 receipt notice for so long. they are  slow with notices lately, but they issue in like 60 to 90 days, they should not be 4 months late. You need to make sure i485 application was not lost.  

Edited by shiva32

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Filed: Timeline
39 minutes ago, Pepe3 said:

Hi, community! Finally my EAD status show “new card is being produced. “! Feel like finally started to seeing some lights
I can get back to work! 

PD 9/21/2020 

Did you apply together with131, advance parole Or just EAD? Or was this a renewal?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 hours ago, VuckFiky said:

Hello, new here, I have been dating my husband for 6 months before we got married. He turned my life into hell after that. It’s been 6 months since we are married. One of guy on other forum suggested me to wait for a while to file Vawa. As 6 months will be very short time and I will receive RFE

I already received RFE for co-sponsor and that jerk is not helping. I lost my independent student status because of him. I am almost ready with my packet but not sure if I shall wait little longer 

does COVID gives another additional 60 days to respond to RFE? TIA

There are people here that applied for VAWA after a month of being married, so 6 doesn't sound too bad. The main idea is for you to have lots of proof of shared residence - bills, cards that have transactions showing common expenses like groceries, bills, furniture etc, insurance papers, lease etc.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Pepe3 said:

I can get back to work! 

PD 9/21/2020 

I can feel your happiness congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.