2,947 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Chei-360 said:

Hello Everyone,

Please wat is the best way to get past the IVR on the uscis number, it keeps dropping my call saying she cannot help me and wont transfer me to an agent.

call again and this time just say "Technical issues" then your call will be transferred to an agent. Good luck.

Hello family:

1.  my PF expired a long time ago and now I need it bc I need to renew my DL. Does anyone have a template or should I just a generic mail with attached copy of an expired PF?

2. When you send a check for I485,I765I131 fees what do you put on a check? DHS - AOS, USCIS, AOS or what?

3. When applying for an AP do you have to attach separate sheet with explanation of travel purpose or no?

THANKS!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all,

Just a quick overview of my case and timeline after recent I360 approval for those who is interested:

I was a victim of physiological abuse (no physical). I didn't know about existence of VAWA and I360 at all until I called lawyers and they asked me the right questions and directed me to VAWA and I360 route. I called at least 4 different lawyers for a consultation and then selected one I would keep working with. My selection of the lawyer was not the best because after I reviewed my own case submitted by my attorney I made a conclusion that some docs were not included (divorce decree, birth certificate) as well as attorneys statement had a lot of inconsistencies and confusing pieces of info (example is the names of people mentioned were completely messed up, some dates were incorrect, etc, etc.). Also my attorney didn't want to provide me a copy of the case sent to VSC for a very long time...the way I got it emailed to me is because of attorney's assistant who also gave me a call and said that I should better not trust my attorney / she is not acting in best interest of her clients. Well, I already kind of knew that because I was surprised how a lawyer can make mistakes in statements and why some docs were not submitted by her when I provided it to her (I think she purposely tried to get those RFEs because our contract would oblige me to pay 1000$ for each RFE to be replied to).

But thankfully to this forum and this thread and the people who always share their experience and knowledge I sent more evidence to VSC on my won without my attorneys knowledge providing missing docs and correcting my attorneys mistakes and inconstancies by writing another statement just to correct her mistakes...it all worked and I never received an RFE from USCIS.

24APR19 - I360 Receipt Date

I received 3 Prima Facies & I renewed EAD+AP 3 times based on pending I485

31MAR21 - I360 "Card is Produced"

05APR21 - I360 "Card is Delivered"

Now I actually have a question to those who was always helpful with their advise and know the answer:

Currently my I485 case (which is in "ready to be scheduled for an interview" status since July 2019) is at NBC and the address on this application is not my current address. I moved 5 times in 2 years between different states. I recently sent an address update form to NBC as well as tried updating address online, but status didn't change to "Correspondance was received" so I am not sure if address update took place on my I485.
Just FYI - I updated my address with VSC for I360 each time I moved. I thought it automatically updates my address with USCIS based on alien #, but seems that it was not updating it with NBC.

So, question is - how can I verify what address NBC has on file for me ? Tried doing this via congressmen and no luck.
What are the next steps after approval of I360 ? As I understand VSC send my case to NBC, NBC does their check and requests me for new medical and then mail case for an interview in a local office, right ? Local office is based on the address NBC has for me or VSC has for me ? This is very important because I feel like they have 2 different addresses...Also how long does this all take now until my case reaches a local office ?
Thank you in advance!

40 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi all,

Just a quick overview of my case and timeline after recent I360 approval for those who is interested:

I was a victim of physiological abuse (no physical). I didn't know about existence of VAWA and I360 at all until I called lawyers and they asked me the right questions and directed me to VAWA and I360 route. I called at least 4 different lawyers for a consultation and then selected one I would keep working with. My selection of the lawyer was not the best because after I reviewed my own case submitted by my attorney I made a conclusion that some docs were not included (divorce decree, birth certificate) as well as attorneys statement had a lot of inconsistencies and confusing pieces of info (example is the names of people mentioned were completely messed up, some dates were incorrect, etc, etc.). Also my attorney didn't want to provide me a copy of the case sent to VSC for a very long time...the way I got it emailed to me is because of attorney's assistant who also gave me a call and said that I should better not trust my attorney / she is not acting in best interest of her clients. Well, I already kind of knew that because I was surprised how a lawyer can make mistakes in statements and why some docs were not submitted by her when I provided it to her (I think she purposely tried to get those RFEs because our contract would oblige me to pay 1000$ for each RFE to be replied to).

But thankfully to this forum and this thread and the people who always share their experience and knowledge I sent more evidence to VSC on my won without my attorneys knowledge providing missing docs and correcting my attorneys mistakes and inconstancies by writing another statement just to correct her mistakes...it all worked and I never received an RFE from USCIS.

24APR19 - I360 Receipt Date

I received 3 Prima Facies & I renewed EAD+AP 3 times based on pending I485

31MAR21 - I360 "Card is Produced"

05APR21 - I360 "Card is Delivered"

Now I actually have a question to those who was always helpful with their advise and know the answer:

Currently my I485 case (which is in "ready to be scheduled for an interview" status since July 2019) is at NBC and the address on this application is not my current address. I moved 5 times in 2 years between different states. I recently sent an address update form to NBC as well as tried updating address online, but status didn't change to "Correspondance was received" so I am not sure if address update took place on my I485.
Just FYI - I updated my address with VSC for I360 each time I moved. I thought it automatically updates my address with USCIS based on alien #, but seems that it was not updating it with NBC.

So, question is - how can I verify what address NBC has on file for me ? Tried doing this via congressmen and no luck.
What are the next steps after approval of I360 ? As I understand VSC send my case to NBC, NBC does their check and requests me for new medical and then mail case for an interview in a local office, right ? Local office is based on the address NBC has for me or VSC has for me ? This is very important because I feel like they have 2 different addresses...Also how long does this all take now until my case reaches a local office ?
Thank you in advance!

Congratulation on your approval.. If congress office couldn't help, I suggested you to try to get an info pass to confirm your address changed, this is very important since your interview or RFE will be sent to the current address on file. 

55 minutes ago, FAP said:

Hello family:

1.  my PF expired a long time ago and now I need it bc I need to renew my DL. Does anyone have a template or should I just a generic mail with attached copy of an expired PF?

2. When you send a check for I485,I765I131 fees what do you put on a check? DHS - AOS, USCIS, AOS or what?

3. When applying for an AP do you have to attach separate sheet with explanation of travel purpose or no?

THANKS!

I write pay to USCIS. I alway do the same.

No you do not need to write explanation or anything for AP. Good luck

Edited by balo101

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Congratulation on your approval.. If congress office couldn't help, I suggested you to try to get an info pass to confirm your address changed, this is very important since your interview or RFE will be sent to the current address on file. 

USCIS website says: "If you are inside the United States, you can no longer schedule an appointment online using InfoPass for domestic offices."

Seems that there is no Infopass anymore...

Oh also, do I need to be requesting NBC to change I485 basis from marriage to approved I360 or they will automatically do it when they get I360 from VSC ?

Edited by DmytriiD

58 minutes ago, FAP said:

Hello family:

THANKS!

1. I don't quite understand your questions regarding the Prima facie document, this document is issue specifically to an applicant including his personal information, address, alien # how a generic copy or a template of an expired PF will help you renewing your DL. 

2. Check must be address to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security 

3. Advance Parole form, have a questions regarding the purpose of the trip you can explain there. Also the last page of the form you can include more information. 

6 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

USCIS website says: "If you are inside the United States, you can no longer schedule an appointment online using InfoPass for domestic offices."

Seems that there is no Infopass anymore...

You cannot schedule via USCIS website, try to call and request an infopass.  

Edited by FeDaniela

my bad. Didn't actually explain. In Florida PF is enough to get a DL. My initial PF expired and Vermont didnt send a renewal. My question actually is - when you send a letter to Vermont do you have any template or just kindly ask them to send you a new PF with attached copy of an expired one?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 4/1/2021 at 12:13 AM, Precious100 said:

@Maridade, congratulations and when was your i-360 approved ?

Thank you @Precious100. My case hasn't been officially approved yet. I just received the c31 work card.

Waiting for the approval letter and I485 is transferred for processing.

Filed: Other Timeline
14 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Thank you @Precious100. My case hasn't been officially approved yet. I just received the c31 work card.

Waiting for the approval letter and I485 is transferred for processing.

@Maridade me too but  don't worry dear, it'll come soon.

49 minutes ago, FAP said:

my bad. Didn't actually explain. In Florida PF is enough to get a DL. My initial PF expired and Vermont didnt send a renewal. My question actually is - when you send a letter to Vermont do you have any template or just kindly ask them to send you a new PF with attached copy of an expired one?

Thanks

Yes you can requested with a letter send a copy of the expired PF, and copy of your ID or passport. I requested my second one that way. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 hours ago, ISA_willdoit said:

Greetings everyone 

I don’t know if this is the right forum or please guide me..

i am in this forum since 2016

I am a VAWA GC holder 

- GC holder since october 2018

will complete my 18 months being inside US on July 2021 (had many trips outside due to my aviation job)

can you please guide me 

- when can I apply for my citizenship ( which month )

- should my frequent trips affect my application

- VAWA / GC can file online or should i mail again to VAWA center

thank you

Hello. I believe 2y and 9 months from the date stated on your GC is when you can submit your citizenship application (if spouse was a citizen). USCIS wants you to be in the US at least 6 months in a year, so if you didn't break that rule you're okay. If you did prep evidence of why you had to travel so much.

2 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Thank you in advance!

If congressman didn't work I'd try senator, and then InfoPass. Online scheduling is terminated yes, but they still do those over the phone - they just need to escalate to a higher tier representative and you'll get a call back if your local office is accepting appointments. I had one in October 2020.

Yes to the timeline questions, and I'd say it always takes around 4-6 months from approval for the case to make it to local office.

Edited by Engineering-rocks

Filed: Other Timeline

I need help guys. My VAVA was denied! Stating insufficient proof. 

It stated that I did not provide enough evidence of shared residence with my spouse. Sandra can you please help me here. I am lost. 

hm. Another question.

Filling out now I485. Under Declaration of self sufficiency Form I944 what  section do we need to check out bc simply I don't see section for VAWA applicants.

20210405_182946.jpg

Edited by FAP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.