2,947 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I applied my VAWA in May 2018 no RFE straight to approval on feb 2020

then I got an RFE in the month of Feb 2021 in I-485 regarding the medicals I submitted

the  medical and today I got my green card.

but in this long journey first my younger sister passed away in the month of November 2020 and then with 17 days time my father passed away in December 2020 and I can not even travel to attend their funerals.

I have a question that now my mother and younger sister is alone in my home country can I sponsee then or at least apply a visit visa for them.

need some suggestions

congratulations!

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

I just received this email for the congresswoman office finally seeing some kind of movement on my case the only document I can think of that's missing is my updated medical so praying and hoping the send reference for me to update it 

Screenshot_20210316-155022~2.png

Edited by MAYgirl

5 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Mine renews itself automatically. 

Thanks, my issue is I get financial aid, and it says that I have to maintain eligibility, and my term ends april 30th but my prima facie expires april 2nd and with USCI, you never know, I cannot afford to wait and hope only for me to not be able to go back to school, or worse have to return the aid back to the school.

Just now, luminarc said:

Thanks, my issue is I get financial aid, and it says that I have to maintain eligibility, and my term ends april 30th but my prima facie expires april 2nd and with USCI, you never know, I cannot afford to wait and hope only for me to not be able to go back to school, or worse have to return the aid back to the school.

Hey, thanks for the question. I am getting my fafsa as well for school. Do you need an official approval notice for that or only PFs work? 

5 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Sweet. Thanks a lot. Even with one that’s expiring? 

As long as it is not expired. You have to submit the PF to your school because of Vawa, you will not pass the computer match between DHS and fafsa i believe and that is because Vawa is confidential. Make sure on the fafsa form you choose eligible non citizen. Goodluck, if you have any questions, let me know. 

Just now, luminarc said:

As long as it is not expired. You have to submit the PF to your school because of Vawa, you will not pass the computer match between DHS and fafsa i believe and that is because Vawa is confidential. Make sure on the fafsa form you choose eligible non citizen. Goodluck, if you have any questions, let me know. 

Thanks a lot. Will send you a pm to stay in touch. 

2 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I applied my VAWA in May 2018 no RFE straight to approval on feb 2020

then I got an RFE in the month of Feb 2021 in I-485 regarding the medicals I submitted

the  medical and today I got my green card.

but in this long journey first my younger sister passed away in the month of November 2020 and then with 17 days time my father passed away in December 2020 and I can not even travel to attend their funerals.

I have a question that now my mother and younger sister is alone in my home country can I sponsee then or at least apply a visit visa for them.

need some suggestions

So excited for you, and sorry for all your lost.

We have almost same timeline, I also sent RFE for medicals to Local office at the end of February. So I am expecting a response too. Did you received your physical Green card today or just the approval update?

Regarding your sister you can only sponsor spouse, minor children as an LPR, but you can petition her when you become a USA Citizens. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, aquila said:

I received this email, text about an hour ago and I'm panicking and crying. I can't tell what they've again or what I've done wrong this time. Please I need help.

Are you thinking it could be NOID? My officer told me that NOID and RFE are almost the same thing, hopefully in the worst case you'll just have to submit extra documents.

Reach out to your congressman/senator, they might be able to get you copy of this notice sooner.

2 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

need some suggestions

Congrats! You can petition for them after you get your citizenship (in 3.5 years or so). For your mom the process should take about a year, but for your sister it can be like 10 years till she gets her papers through you.

Yes they can just apply for tourist visa to visit you.

31 minutes ago, MAYgirl said:

I just received this email for the congresswoman office finally seeing some kind of movement on my case the only document I can think of that's missing is my updated medical so praying and hoping the send reference for me to update it 

I think this is a generic answer "we're working on it", doesn't necessarily mean they're missing something.

24 minutes ago, luminarc said:

Thanks, do I reach out to a house of rep or senator? does it make much of a difference?

Senator's local office. Senator and congressman should be the same really, it's just a recommendation in case your congress person never responds or something like that.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
5 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Once the 360 is approved VSC sends it to NBC. NBC then does a quick review that all the documents are there (including background check) and the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview before sending it to the local office. Once it gets to the local office you will be placed in line for an interview slot to open. The background check can take a long time for some people. They check your name as it is spelled and any variations of your name. Depending on the countries involved and how easily they can obtain records and if you have a common name or unfortunately share a name with a known criminal it can take some time for them to complete it. There is nothing anyone can do to speed up the background check. You just have to wait for it to be completed. 

You mentioned having a C31 and a C09 EAD. You only need 1 EAD. If the C09 EAD was still valid then they may decide to not issue a renewal C31 as you have a valid EAD in C09 category. 

Thanks for answering. When send renewal for C31, C09 was already expired .The case still in Vermont and never transferred after 360 approval still 17 month (after 360 approved ) and  AP also was expired (with C09) they didn’t issue AP (she sent renewal for C31 and AP) you said it depends on the countries involved how easily can obtain records” do you mean outside of USA ( the countries if I ever lived) or mean just all states in USA .  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

So excited for you, and sorry for all your lost.

We have almost same timeline, I also sent RFE for medicals to Local office at the end of February. So I am expecting a response too. Did you received your physical Green card today or just the approval update?

Regarding your sister you can only sponsor spouse, minor children as an LPR, but you can petition her when you become a USA Citizens. 

Yes I got the physical card along with approval notice today.

Timeline
5 hours ago, aquila said:

I received this email, text about an hour ago and I'm panicking and crying. I can't tell what they've again or what I've done wrong this time. Please I need help.

...............................................................................................................

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: EAC****

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Decision 

On March 16, 2021, we began reviewing your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number EAC*****. We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by March 30, 2021, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision. 

Hey, I understand how you feel but please don't worry. It may be that the USCIS lost the docs you sent them or something like that. When I went for my interview they said I never sent them my birth certificate etc.. These people are messy... I hope it's something meaningless and you will get approved soon. keep us updated and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.