green_rabbit

March 2021 - AOS filers

535 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/15/2021 at 7:28 PM, Diamda2005 said:

We had the interview today.

was a big deal ( or it felt that was a big deal) that his id wasn’t on our address, the officer stayed 10 min just asking why he didn’t change the id.

Not to many questions addressed to my husband, he talked more with me.

The officer didn’t asked for specific paper he took what we gave to him.

Didn’t even asked for the medical form, i just said at one point that i have that with me if he wants it.

then went back and forward about dates ( when we bought the house, when we start dating, who initially txt which)

and i was asked why i overstay my visa, if i was dating someone else before meeting my husband.

what kind of visa i had denied (i had a change of visa that wasn’t approved, if was in us or back home)

It felt like the officer will reject the case.

i even told my husband going from the building to the car, i am 100% was a bad interview and the officer is going deny our case..

was a huge surprise and relief when i checked after a few hours the case online to see for the form I-485 the status changed to new card is being produced 

best of luck to everyone to have an easy interview and a nice experience!!

Congratulations!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My wife and I gave our GC interview last week and our case still hasn’t been updated. Although the interview did go extremely well and the officer was very sweet, she said she will review our files. And it has been a week since and the status still shows, “Interview Scheduled” 

Also, she did give us a small form, i forgot what it was but she did mention that, the form says that we both, wife and I understand that we have to file for removal of conditions prior to 90 days, IF we get approved for our conditional green card. 

anyone still waiting for the case status to get updated like me?

Another update, case status for I-485 changed to interview has been scheduled!

03/16/2021: Packet posted via UPS

03/18/2021: (PD) I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693 packet delivered to Chicago lockbox via UPS.

04/13/2021: 4 texts received, 4 receipt numbers. Fingerprint fee received for I-485 the day before according to status checker.

07/01/2021: Submitted a change of address for all 4 forms (AR-11)

07/17/2021: Notice date for biometrics appointment, scheduled for 8/11/2021

07/29/2021: Received email notice confirming change of address has been successfully completed.

08/11/2021: Completed biometrics appointment at Tampa ASC for both I-485 and I-765

08/17/2021: Status change for I-485, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

10/20/2021: Status change for I-765, new card is being produced.

10/21/2021: Status change for I-765 & I-131,  approved.

10/25/2021: Received approval I-797's for both I-765 and I-131 applications.

10/26/2021: EAD+AP combo card received.

11/18/2021: Status change for I-485, interview was scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone,

a huge thank you for everyone that gave us answers to our questions!

we just got to the end of our first journey, i just received the green card ( valid for 2 years).

Interview Chicago office- November 15 and we applied in March 16, 2021.

hope everyone to get soon the good news!!!

On 11/15/2021 at 6:28 PM, Diamda2005 said:

We had the interview today.

was a big deal ( or it felt that was a big deal) that his id wasn’t on our address, the officer stayed 10 min just asking why he didn’t change the id.

Not to many questions addressed to my husband, he talked more with me.

The officer didn’t asked for specific paper he took what we gave to him.

Didn’t even asked for the medical form, i just said at one point that i have that with me if he wants it.

then went back and forward about dates ( when we bought the house, when we start dating, who initially txt which)

and i was asked why i overstay my visa, if i was dating someone else before meeting my husband.

what kind of visa i had denied (i had a change of visa that wasn’t approved, if was in us or back home)

It felt like the officer will reject the case.

i even told my husband going from the building to the car, i am 100% was a bad interview and the officer is going deny our case..

was a huge surprise and relief when i checked after a few hours the case online to see for the form I-485 the status changed to new card is being produced 

best of luck to everyone to have an easy interview and a nice experience!!

Congrats!!

Although we kinda have the same issue with the license, we moved a few months ago and my husband hasn’t changed the address on his ID (our old address was at his family’s house) then we moved to a different town but same state. We used new address for the application and have proofs for that. I saw you had interview at Chicago— that‘s where we’ll have ours too. I just wanna know how that question went and was the officer pressing your husband about it? Will be a concern too for us you think? Thank you!

Timeline
7 hours ago, kmr5 said:

Congrats!!

Although we kinda have the same issue with the license, we moved a few months ago and my husband hasn’t changed the address on his ID (our old address was at his family’s house) then we moved to a different town but same state. We used new address for the application and have proofs for that. I saw you had interview at Chicago— that‘s where we’ll have ours too. I just wanna know how that question went and was the officer pressing your husband about it? Will be a concern too for us you think? Thank you!

Hello,

I will suggest to change it as soon as he can.

We had too proof of him owning the house were we live and the officer still asked a few times why he didn’t change the address from last year when we moved in the house ( the officer wasn’t to happy about that, he even mentioned that if they were trying to find him they will have go to the address from the id)

my husband changed his address two days before the interview

he put the blame on Covid that had hard time to go at DMV .

if you have any questions let me know:)

best of luck!

We had our interview yesterday at the Chicago office. The officer swore us in and asked to see our IDs. The only other document we were asked for was our baby's birth certificate.

The officer asked my husband to confirm his details (birthday, address...etc.) and answer some of the yes/no questions from AOS application. The officer then asked me how my husband and I met. Once I answered the question, the officer told us we were approved.

My husband then gave his fingerprints and had a photo taken.

From entering the building to exiting, the whole process took an hour. The interview itself  was maybe 10 minutes.

The officer told us on the spot that we were approved but didn't give us a stamp and our case has not yet updated online.

Got my interview letter, and now have a date (1/6/2022). A bit further out than expected, but I guess they try not to schedule anything within the holiday week.

03/16/2021: Packet posted via UPS

03/18/2021: (PD) I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765/I-864/I-693 packet delivered to Chicago lockbox via UPS.

04/13/2021: 4 texts received, 4 receipt numbers. Fingerprint fee received for I-485 the day before according to status checker.

07/01/2021: Submitted a change of address for all 4 forms (AR-11)

07/17/2021: Notice date for biometrics appointment, scheduled for 8/11/2021

07/29/2021: Received email notice confirming change of address has been successfully completed.

08/11/2021: Completed biometrics appointment at Tampa ASC for both I-485 and I-765

08/17/2021: Status change for I-485, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

10/20/2021: Status change for I-765, new card is being produced.

10/21/2021: Status change for I-765 & I-131,  approved.

10/25/2021: Received approval I-797's for both I-765 and I-131 applications.

10/26/2021: EAD+AP combo card received.

11/18/2021: Status change for I-485, interview was scheduled

11/22/2021: Interview letter sent

11/26/2021: Interview letter received, interview will be on January 6, 2022.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

My husband received his interview notice on 10/29. 

His interview was on 12/02.

The interview was very brief. The officer asked my husband questions from the form. We were asked to provide any sort of proof we have with both of our names on it. We submitted bank statements, renters insurance, car insurance and health insurance. The officer did not say we were approved on the spot but the direction in which the conversation went indicated that we were approved. The officer told us he needs to verify the medical that was submitted at my husband's initial interview was still valid. 

Our case status changed to "My interview is completed and my cases needs to be reviewed.". 

Our case status changed to "New card is being produced." on 12/07. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Happy Holidays!!!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NewYorker14 said:

Hello Everyone!

My husband received his interview notice on 10/29. 

His interview was on 12/02.

The interview was very brief. The officer asked my husband questions from the form. We were asked to provide any sort of proof we have with both of our names on it. We submitted bank statements, renters insurance, car insurance and health insurance. The officer did not say we were approved on the spot but the direction in which the conversation went indicated that we were approved. The officer told us he needs to verify the medical that was submitted at my husband's initial interview was still valid. 

Our case status changed to "My interview is completed and my cases needs to be reviewed.". 

Our case status changed to "New card is being produced." on 12/07. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Happy Holidays!!!! 

Congratulations 🎉 

We had our interview on November 22 and we were approved on the spot. The officer said we should see the card in the mail in 2-3 weeks. However, we haven't received the green card yet and our status still only shows "my interview was scheduled." There have been no updates at all.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea on who I can contact and how to ask for more info?

My interview got scheduled last week for 01/31/2022 at Orlando, FL.

But I move out of state a day after the interview.

If I tell the interview officer that I move after the interview and let them know my new address,

Can they possibly update my new address and issue me the green card to be mailed to the new address?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.