baze92

Our biometrics appointment is scheduled March 15. How much longer should we expect for Combo card and Green card?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone. We just received out biometrics letter in the mail and is scheduled for March 15th (our I485 application was received December 4). Does anyone have an idea how many more months to go we have after our appointment? 

For those of you who have recently completed your biometrics appointment, have you received your combo card (or even green card) yet?

Thank you very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, baze92 said:

Hi everyone. We just received out biometrics letter in the mail and is scheduled for March 15th (our I485 application was received December 4). Does anyone have an idea how many more months to go we have after our appointment? 

For those of you who have recently completed your biometrics appointment, have you received your combo card (or even green card) yet?

Thank you very much!

Well you have to prepare for long waiting period... Im in California as well and I applied for AOS at the end of September 2019, biometrics a month later, and combo card arrived in January 2020 so that will take just 3 months the most, but Green card, I've been waiting for interview ever since... 468days and counting.. California is super slow. Wish you luck! 

Timeline

Thank you for letting me know! I think a large part of that is because yours was during the worst of covid. 

How soon after your biometrics appointment did you receive your combo card?

Have you travelled outside the country with your AP at all or just waiting it out?

EAD/ AP are currently around 6 months and AOS depends totally on your LFO. You can check the processing times on the USCIS page

43 minutes ago, baze92 said:

Thank you for letting me know! I think a large part of that is because yours was during the worst of covid.  

Have you travelled outside the country with your AP at all or just waiting it out?

Some LFOs had very long AOS interview wait times prior to Covid.  In Seattle, ours was 14 months.

The only way to know what yours will be is to look it up on the USCIS website.

EAD/AP card wait times continue to be >6 months at this time.

Timeline
2 hours ago, baze92 said:

2 hours ago, baze92 said:

Also, did you get your NOA2 after or before biometrics appt?

Yeah I guess.. since everything was going so smoothly before pandemic hit, now im stuck.. 
So as I said my bios was on 10/31/19 and I EAD was approved in 01/13/20 so about 2.5 months.. and talking about EAD I applied for renewal on 10/23/20 and received it a month later, so it was surprisingly fast.. 
About NOA2 I got so many I just forgot which one was when... you can see everything on my timeline tho.. 
I didn't use my AP ,im just waiting..I am a bit afraid what if I get interview date while being outside..Don't want to risk it unless its emergency. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
20 hours ago, baze92 said:

You do realize that the backlog created during that time will also affect your application as you cannot jump the queue. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I've seen some people who get their EAD/AP a week after they did biometrics and some who got theirs months after. It really just depends on where you live and how lucky you are. 

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
22 hours ago, baze92 said:

I don't think it is because of Covid. It depends on the local office that will process your case but mine was initially processed by San Fernando Valley Office in CA. We had applied for AOS on December, 2017 and I got my greencard on May, 2019. It took 17 months. I would suggest you search processing times for your local office here in VJ and uscis.

Combo card took 100 days, even although I expedited it due to job offer.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Huckleberry&Koala said:

I don't think it is because of Covid. It depends on the local office that will process your case but mine was initially processed by San Fernando Valley Office in CA. We had applied for AOS on December, 2017 and I got my greencard on May, 2019. It took 17 months. I would suggest you search processing times for your local office here in VJ and uscis.

Combo card took 100 days, even although I expedited it due to job offer.

Covid + Local office process time, California is slower everywhere, from what I see... so overall it takes longer now than before.. Well those 17 months sounds promising to me, im close to 17 :P Been waiting for 15, 2 more is not a problem :D 

Timeline
On 3/2/2021 at 12:49 PM, Jorgedig said:

Some LFOs had very long AOS interview wait times prior to Covid.  In Seattle, ours was 14 months.

The only way to know what yours will be is to look it up on the USCIS website.

EAD/AP card wait times continue to be >6 months at this time.

More than 6 months after biometrics?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.