1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 3/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, Caro1 said:

Hi everyone! 

congrats on getting the filing done everyone!

We filed our I-130 online on 3/27/21 and got the Receipt Notice online the next day. It says we are at the Potomac Service Center.

We’ve been married for 2 years and are living in Germany together right now :) 

Interesting, I am right next to you in Topeka, KS. About an hour away. The receipt notice was sent to my phone and it says our case is going to Nebraska.

Timeline
On 3/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, Dulma said:

Hello.

We mailed I-130 in March 2nd, and still waiting for NOA1. Chicago Lockbox.

I mailed mine on March 3rd to Phoenix and just got the receipt text today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yes, I mailed it on the 2nd to Phoenix and just got the IOE text to my phone. Haven't received the paper one yet.

17 minutes ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yes, I mailed it on the 2nd to Phoenix and just got the IOE text to my phone. Haven't received the paper one yet.

Looks like they are processing faster now at the lockbox. That's good. Good luck! Nebraska should be super quick for you guys.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Dasf said:

Looks like they are processing faster now at the lockbox. That's good. Good luck! Nebraska should be super quick for you guys.

Hope so! I am still waiting for the paper copy. It's kind of nerve-wracking because some people are getting Nebraska online and then getting the NOA1 from a different service center. It's all pretty confusing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Just now, Paul and Sopheap said:

Hope so! I am still waiting for the paper copy. It's kind of nerve-wracking because some people are getting Nebraska online and then getting the NOA1 from a different service center. It's all pretty confusing.

I got Nebraska online and though the automated service when I call after hours. However my receipt was mailed from the Texas Service Center. It doesnt seem like the Tier 1 reps know so much. I got different answers while some said it's mailed randomly once submitted. Who even knows anymore. Lol

Timeline
Just now, Dasf said:

I got Nebraska online and though the automated service when I call after hours. However my receipt was mailed from the Texas Service Center. It doesnt seem like the Tier 1 reps know so much. I got different answers while some said it's mailed randomly once submitted. Who even knows anymore. Lol

Lol, I was chatting with a rep on the USCIS website yesterday and I asked him how they determine which service center petitions go to, and he said it's based off of the center nearest to your location (which is Nebraska). 

On 3/31/2021 at 7:04 PM, Trex1234 said:

Yea, I understand...it's so hard. I have been checking everyday hahaha and then mine changed to 'case being actively reviewed' yesterday so I'm hoping that an officer is looking at it. I think it's at Texas but who knows haha.

Approval times are all over the place 😕

Good luck dear!

Hello. My case status was changed to actively being reviewed on the 1st of April. Wondering if you have had any updates from USCiS yet. I filed on the 5th of March 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/5/2021 at 9:58 PM, Skaur0609 said:

I am helping my cousin with her application. Submitted on 3/3/2021. Case status says its being processed at Nebraska and but Receipt notice came from Texas 🤦‍♀️ so where are they processing the application.

I have same problem

Even though online it says Nebraska, the service center that shows up on your actual mailed receipt notice is the one processing it. You can always double check on the USCIS by asking for an agent in the live chat.

I filed 2/26/21 and it initially said Nebraska but is now Texas. Hopefully it’s quick!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Lol, I was chatting with a rep on the USCIS website yesterday and I asked him how they determine which service center petitions go to, and he said it's based off of the center nearest to your location (which is Nebraska). 

2 hours ago, Hubbster14 said:

Even though online it says Nebraska, the service center that shows up on your actual mailed receipt notice is the one processing it. You can always double check on the USCIS by asking for an agent in the live chat.

I filed 2/26/21 and it initially said Nebraska but is now Texas. Hopefully it’s quick!

10 hours ago, Dasf said:

Just a heads up, you might wanna call or check with ask emma about your actual location of your case! Everything I have says Nebraska (online AND Noa1), but they told me Potomac service center has my I-130 and they received it the day I submitted it. I have no clue how it works and I'm starting to think they just shuffle them around without notice. So you may wanna double check just in case! :)

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
Just now, Hubbster14 said:

Yeah that’s actually how I found out! Asked the agent on Ask Emma and they said it’s at Texas now. Says 9-12m processing time :( Nebraska was only 2-7m so I’m pretty disappointed it eas transferred

Same! Potomac is a year to two years :(

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
Just now, Hubbster14 said:

Yeah I saw that. Hopefully it’s just average times and mostly gets done earlier!

Agreed!! I'm trying to get a visa to visit him in Russia while we wait. Even as a wife its a lot of loopholes I have to jump through to even visit lol 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Just a heads up, you might wanna call or check with ask emma about your actual location of your case! Everything I have says Nebraska (online AND Noa1), but they told me Potomac service center has my I-130 and they received it the day I submitted it. I have no clue how it works and I'm starting to think they just shuffle them around without notice. So you may wanna double check just in case! :)

How do I check with Emma? When we tried it just went to the same online checking tool. Maybe I need the actual NOA1 receipt first? All we have now is the online IOE receipt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.