J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Did a quick mid day scan and so far it looks like an okay day. 

59000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
60500: 1 Approval, 1 Other (Document was mailed) (0 new / 2 in progress)
62000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
65500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
66000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
66500: 1 RFE (1 new / 0 in progress)
68000: 9 Approvals (7 new / 2 in progress)
68500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
~Mid day 04/28/22: 17 Total Updates: 15 Approvals, 1 RFE, and 1 Others

NOTE: I didn't scan the 69000 / 69500 cases as I usually process those as part of April scan so they aren't included in this quick scan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Zzdem said:

How long should I wait for nvc case number ? 

Well,

I got NOA 2 on 3/18

called every day to NVC until 4/6 that I got my case number .

so it was like 19 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

To Fil and Em. - I am new to visa journey, I am curious about the scan info you post, what are the numbers, do they relate to the USCIS receipt number, and how are you getting this information? Our NOA1 is 5/10/2021.

Here are the end of the day updates for March.

59000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)

60500: 1 Approval, 1 Other (0 new / 2 in progress)

61000: 1 RFE (0 new / 1 in progress)

61500: 1 RFE (0 new / 1 in progress)

62500: 1 RFE (0 new / 1 in progress)

64500: 1 RFE (0 new / 1 in progress)

65500: 3 Approval (0 new / 3 in progress)

66000: 1 Approval, 1 RFE (0 new / 2 in progress)

67000: 1 RFE (0 new / 1 in progress)

66500: 1 RFE (1 new / 0 in progress)

68000: 9 Approvals (7 new / 2 in progress)

68500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

69000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

69500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

04/28/22: 25 Total Updates: 17 Approvals, 7 RFEs, and 1 Other

NOTE: Total does not include 69000 / 69500 group.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

To Xiaova - can you explain the scans you are doing and what are the numbers?  Do they correspond to the NOA1 receipt numbers? Our NOA1 is 5/10/21 and our receipt begins with 855XX.  Thanks so much for your information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, S@M said:

To Xiaova - can you explain the scans you are doing and what are the numbers?  Do they correspond to the NOA1 receipt numbers? Our NOA1 is 5/10/21 and our receipt begins with 855XX.  Thanks so much for your information.

Welcome! visit the May 2021 forum since you are a May filer. And i believe they are using the Casetracker App to get the numbers. 

3 hours ago, S@M said:

Yeah the numbers are the NOA1 receipt numbers. Each group represent a block of 500 cases in a range. The numbers posted represent the updates for that day for each group. It's so we can get a sense of the efficiency of USCIS in processing the k1 visas and a more accurate estimate of when your group's cases might be processed.

For scanning most people use the Case Tracker app.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/28/2022 at 8:48 AM, EatBulaga said:

Greetings everyone,

FYI, a new I-134 affidavit of support form is now available at

https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

The edition date is 4/25/2022. You can use the old form till June 27, 2022, but best to use the new form for those of you who are still waiting for the consulate interview.

Good luck to all!

I hate their PDF forms! I don't know if it's me or my computer but I'm always having troubles filling them in. It either does not allow me to type in some boxes or just deletes everything after I fill it out. It's always weird on my end. 

I guess I'll just have to write everything down with a pen.

Here are the end of day updates for March:

60000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)

64500: 1 RFE (0 new / 1 in progress)

68000: 6 Approvals, 5 RFEs (4 new / 7 in progress)

68500: 1 Approval, 8 RFEs, 1 Denial, 1 Withdrawal (7 new / 4 in progress)

69000: 2 Approvals (2 new / 0 in progress)

04/29/22: 25 Total Updates: 9 Approvals, 1 Denial, 14 RFEs, and 1 Withdrawal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, EatBulaga said:

A couple of things about the new I134:

One, there is an online I134 filing specifically for financial support of Ukrainians.

Two, I134 now asks about the beneficiary income.

I haven't had a chance to look closely at all the sections, but those are the 2 that stands out the most from the previous version.

Just went through the instructions for the new form and it says:

image.png.0a64c37c24910a9cfa888cd6528633f0.png

So, I assume the new beneficiary income requirement does not really apply to K-1 filers. At first, I thought this relates to the current income of the beneficiary in their country. But the instructions talk about income they WILL receive. 

15 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

Just went through the instructions for the new form and it says:

image.png.0a64c37c24910a9cfa888cd6528633f0.png

So, I assume the new beneficiary income requirement does not really apply to K-1 filers. At first, I thought this relates to the current income of the beneficiary in their country. But the instructions talk about income they WILL receive. 

Yes, the new I-134 (Edition Date 4/25/2022) is very confusing.

Item 17 can be interpreted as a more detailed version of the old Question 38? 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/622135-i-134-question-38-contributions/

But now, you have to list or itemize specific income contributions to the beneficiary and dependents?

The descriptions on the form I134 itself "Provide information about the beneficiary's income and assets" and "Income contribution to the beneficiary annually" doesn't seem to be very clear?

I can see this being a big forum discussion or the source of many confusions.

I134new.PNG

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
10 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Yes, the new I-134 (Edition Date 4/25/2022) is very confusing.

Item 17 can be interpreted as a more detailed version of the old Question 38? 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/622135-i-134-question-38-contributions/

But now, you have to list or itemize specific income contributions to the beneficiary and dependents?

The descriptions on the form I134 itself "Provide information about the beneficiary's income and assets" and "Income contribution to the beneficiary annually" doesn't seem to be very clear?

I can see this being a big forum discussion or the source of many confusions.

I134new.PNG

I got confused with this part too! If I’m the beneficiary, does that mean I have to list my present annual income? But then I will have no job once I arrive in the US. And also with the assets, if I own a property should I also have them listed and bring the proof during the interview? T.T Honestly the old form is much simpler than the new one though. Can someone enlighten us on how to properly fill this out.. 

14 hours ago, strwbrysky said:

I got confused with this part too! If I’m the beneficiary, does that mean I have to list my present annual income? But then I will have no job once I arrive in the US. And also with the assets, if I own a property should I also have them listed and bring the proof during the interview? T.T Honestly the old form is much simpler than the new one though. Can someone enlighten us on how to properly fill this out.. 

Yes, the new I-134 (Edition Date: 4/25/2022) is confusing and you are not the only one confused. As another thread suggests, you could theoretically not answer Question17 (or Item Number 17), but if I was using the new I134 for upcoming interview, I certainly would fill it out.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/783115-k1-i-134-beneficiary-income/?tab=comments#comment-10668287

I think the source of the confusion is that the new I-134 can be filled out by either the petitioner or the beneficiary as selected in Part1, Question1. Depending on who fills out the I134, the answers may be very different, as opposed to the old I-134, the petitioner was the one who filled it out. But IN MY OPINION AS I AM NO K1 LEGAL EXPERT, I think the new tables Question17 (Item Number 17) and Question22 (Item Number 22) are to provide extra data for the embassy/consulate to do some quick math to see if the petitioner can financially support the beneficiary, or if mathematically the petitioner and beneficiary is trending towards government assistance like another data to red flag.

So if I was filling the new I-134 as the beneficiary, I would certainly work with the petitioner to come up with the math to fill out Question17. For example if the petitioner's income is 125% of the HHS guidelines for a family of 4, I would work backwards from the income 34,687.5 = 1.25*27,750, and determine how much annually to support each household member like maybe 15,000 = 4*3750, and put down 3750 for "Income contribution to the beneficiary annually" for each "Individual".

https://aspe.hhs.gov/topics/poverty-economic-mobility/poverty-guidelines

Question22 lists the assets that the beneficiary brings into the relationship. So any beneficiary assets are positives for the relationship (even for foreign assets). Item Numbers 18-19 asks if any income source are illegal similar to how the DS-160 asks for illegal or extremist activities? Question20-21 asks if the beneficiary income comes from "mean-tested public benefits" like was the beneficiary on public assistance in the foreign country? These new Items or Questions on the I-134 (Edition Date: 4/25/2022) provide extra data so the consulate can determine the risks of the petitioner and beneficiary becoming dependent on government assistance. Good Luck!!!

Part1Q1.PNG

Part1Q1_instr.PNG

Item17-22.PNG

Edited by EatBulaga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.