J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 minute ago, stsel said:

Yes, I believe it’s same day. Processing hasn’t stopped though - last Wednesday they processed 60+ cases. They are just behind in their stated processing times ie. my NOA1 is Feb 26 and going by their times I should have my NOA2 by now but I don’t. They are going back and processing early Feb cases, like Feb 1 filers. It is very disheartening but hopefully they manage to catch up in the coming weeks, or else the average wait will be 8 months plus 

Ah - same day? I just rechecked my physical NOA1 and the received date is actually the 17th; I guess I got confused because USPS had said it was actually picked up the 18th and I had been going by that, ha. I will submit an inquiry right away then, at least I'll have that in. Thank you!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

2 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Ah - same day? I just rechecked my physical NOA1 and the received date is actually the 17th; I guess I got confused because USPS had said it was actually picked up the 18th and I had been going by that, ha. I will submit an inquiry right away then, at least I'll have that in. Thank you!

I submitted one the day before it was officially “out” and got a regular response so you might as well try! Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Luciana Sarah M said:

Losing hope... :( 250 days and nothing

No offense but if you are losing hope over this delay, then you should probably rethink whether you are prepared to deal with the challenges and delays that are still ahead. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
42 minutes ago, topi123456 said:

Especially in this thread, we need more empathy, not these cold brutal replies. Of course people need to hear honest truth, but it'd be nice if you could be encouraging about it.

My message to lb119397 keep the hope alive! One day very soon in the near future you will be with your loved one sitting by a fireplace with hot chocolate after a long day of skiing. You will think how it's all been worth it and how far you've come in your life. Be patient, good things coming.

Thank you 💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, topi123456 said:

Especially in this thread, we need more empathy, not these cold brutal replies. Of course people need to hear honest truth, but it'd be nice if you could be encouraging about it.

My message to lb119397 keep the hope alive! One day very soon in the near future you will be with your loved one sitting by a fireplace with hot chocolate after a long day of skiing. You will think how it's all been worth it and how far you've come in your life. Be patient, good things coming.

Thank you for this. The encouragement and positivity was why I joined VJ. We can certainly pick up a few lessons from the other groups who are super supportive to each other. We are all in this together. Stay strong everyone! I can’t wait to hear one of us say that their case has been approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
6 hours ago, topi123456 said:

I definitely did not mean to seem rude. I was being realistic but I do see how I could have worded it differently, so my apologies to the original poster for possibly deflating you further, @Luciana Sarah M.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boy1988 said:

Hi just making sure, about my date am I from March or April. 

I think I am a March filer, but can someone help me out. ?1453862301_ScreenShot2021-11-15at10_31_10PM.thumb.png.3eaa97109f71fa252812cf2099bfa240.png

Hi, I believe that makes you a March filer! Welcome to the club!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Boy1988 said:

Hi just making sure, about my date am I from March or April. 

I think I am a March filer, but can someone help me out. ?1453862301_ScreenShot2021-11-15at10_31_10PM.thumb.png.3eaa97109f71fa252812cf2099bfa240.png

Welcome. Your NOA-1 is March 30. 

Has anyone with an early March NOA-1 heard anything yet? Mine is March 8th, and I just received the following response after submitting an inquiry earlier this month. 

Thank you for your inquiry. We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending application/petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload. We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

I've seen similar responses to other inquiries submitted, which seems to suggest a delay for sure. That said, I was curious about the member data being pulled on this Visa Journey page: https://www.visajourney.com/times/

At the time of this post, the "Current Processing Times" are stating that the California service center is processing I-129F for K-1 Visa with NOA-1 date of March 7th...is this data or estimate being sourced from a petition that was approved? I would love to hear if indeed they are working through early March. Any approvals out there? If this data is accurate, that would suggest we are close, right? We are praying our approval could be soon! 

12 minutes ago, Pacca said:

Has anyone with an early March NOA-1 heard anything yet? Mine is March 8th, and I just received the following response after submitting an inquiry earlier this month. 

Thank you for your inquiry. We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending application/petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload. We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

I've seen similar responses to other inquiries submitted, which seems to suggest a delay for sure. That said, I was curious about the member data being pulled on this Visa Journey page: https://www.visajourney.com/times/

At the time of this post, the "Current Processing Times" are stating that the California service center is processing I-129F for K-1 Visa with NOA-1 date of March 7th...is this data or estimate being sourced from a petition that was approved? I would love to hear if indeed they are working through early March. Any approvals out there? If this data is accurate, that would suggest we are close, right? We are praying our approval could be soon! 

I don’t think the visa journey data is accurate unfortunately. They have approved 59% of feb cases and basically nothing between 24-26 Feb. That’s not to say they won’t begin on March soon, but they are nowhere near done with February. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
20 minutes ago, stsel said:

I don’t think the visa journey data is accurate unfortunately. They have approved 59% of feb cases and basically nothing between 24-26 Feb. That’s not to say they won’t begin on March soon, but they are nowhere near done with February. 

Yes, honestly, I don't think that anyone has accurate data anymore. They're clearly not processing March 7th petitions, nor are they anywhere close to March 19th as the USCIS' processing time says. I'm just assuming one of these days the factory will start churning again without warning, and we'll just put this behind us. 

Has anyone (perhaps from February, even) tried contacting the Ombudsman recently or their representative? 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

2 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Yes, honestly, I don't think that anyone has accurate data anymore. They're clearly not processing March 7th petitions, nor are they anywhere close to March 19th as the USCIS' processing time says. I'm just assuming one of these days the factory will start churning again without warning, and we'll just put this behind us. 

Has anyone (perhaps from February, even) tried contacting the Ombudsman recently or their representative? 

You can only contact the Ombudsman 60 days after the date your case is out of processing time - someone from Feb tried to do so before and they were told they can’t do anything. I might contact my representative if I don’t hear anything this week or I don’t see movement with other cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.