Amanjot Singh

B2 for parents

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, 

I am Conditional Permanent Residence married to U.S Citizen. My mother lives in India and my father works in Kuwait (Indian Passport holder) I want to apply for my parents to come visit us and meet their grand children.

So my question for you guys is in order to apply for my DAD`s visitor visa do I have to apply through Kuwait's embassy or Indian Embassy ????

and we have a dog we don`t want to leave behind there in India, in order for his documentations and visa procedure if anyone can guide us. We would really appreciate your help.... =)

They apply for a visitor, not you. They have to show ties to their country and that they are not looking to immigrate.

How long are they staying? People don't usually travel with their pets for a short stay, particularly such a long trip. It's dangerous. Even more if it's a dog that doesn't fit under the sit; you have to send it as cargo and many pets die. If it were like a 4 hour trip, it'd be ok, but India is too far and there are probably multiple stops. I brought my cat from another country, but I was moving permanently and it was still stressful. 

52 minutes ago, Amanjot Singh said:

and we have a dog we don`t want to leave behind there in India, in order for his documentations and visa procedure if anyone can guide us.

Will be hard to convince anyone they are returning to India.

Are you bringing them here to adjust status?

In any case, they have to apply and their applications are judged based on ties to home.

Your father will apply in Kuwait unless he travels home to India to interview, your mom from India.

The dog doesn’t need a visa but will need vaccinations/documentation in accordance with both the airline requirements and the US. Dog will need to go through customs. It will be stressful. If dog is going in cargo, depending on time of year and breed of dog the airline may not accept it as it may be too dangerous for the animal. It will probably lead to all sorts of uncomfortable questions at customs/immigration, maybe including something like, if you do not even have someone to take care of your dog in India you presumably have weak ties there. 

How long do they plan on staying? Unless the dog is a service dog, it’s highly unusual to take it on an overseas vacation 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP is a PR so a few years of naturalising.

Dog halfway around the world for a holiday does sound odd.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.