Sarge2155

February 2021 - AOS Filers

686 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, miserygame said:

I sent you a private message with the steps in how i did it!

I would like to know too! I will need to do a similar thing because I have an incoming though not confirmed job offer! Can't wait to be employed after so long...

20 hours ago, miserygame said:

July 29 EAD is being produced, I should get it in about 4 days or so 

i-130  was approved today 

5 hours ago, Deb123 said:

I would like to know too! I will need to do a similar thing because I have an incoming though not confirmed job offer! Can't wait to be employed after so long...

Sure! I'll shot you a private message. 

14 hours ago, miserygame said:

i-130  was approved today 

Sure! I'll shot you a private message. 

Pls and pls, my biometrics is next week. 
pls I’d like the steps to expedite. 
I appreciate a lot 

Edited by obobaddest

1 hour ago, obobaddest said:

Pls and pls, my biometrics is next week. 
pls I’d like the steps to expedite. 
I appreciate a lot 

2 hours ago, NewYorker14 said:

Me toooooooo please 

10 hours ago, Jacobian said:

Awesome!

I would appreciate if you could share the steps with me too. 

So the first thing you need to do is find out who is your representative, use this tool:  https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative.  after you find your representative , you should be linked to the representative website where you'll be able to fill up a congressional form that will be  forwarded to one of  the congressperson staffers who usually manages those kind of  external agencies affairs, it'll be under the discretion of that person to approve your congressperson expedite request form or not, is for this sole reason that you have to write down a very compelling reason why you're requesting the expedite. i.e.: you're under financial stress and got a job offer etc.  (write down an essay style with over 300 words explaining the reason). this form is pretty straightforward. 

in my case the congresswoman reached back  and request documents to back up my claim, so i prepared a dissertation type document  that proved that we are under financial stress.

this document included all my bills (with highlighted expenditures) , the job offer and at the end I created an excel sheet with my total expenses and my total income (I took a 3 months sample) showing that in fact i was in negatives, you don't have to do all of this, i did it all  cause my  congresswoman requested it to play it safe to the USCIS, it all depends. some people just submit the form to their congressperson and they submit the same one to the USCIS and they get approved, etc

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/30/2021 at 12:17 PM, miserygame said:

I sent you a private message with the steps in how i did it!

Thanks for the info. Just curious, is your congresswoman blue or red?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So the first thing you need to do is find out who is your representative, use this tool:  https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative.  after you find your representative , you should be linked to the representative website where you'll be able to fill up a congressional form that will be  forwarded to one of  the congressperson staffers who usually manages those kind of  external agencies affairs, it'll be under the discretion of that person to approve your congressperson expedite request form or not, is for this sole reason that you have to write down a very compelling reason why you're requesting the expedite. i.e.: you're under financial stress and got a job offer etc.  (write down an essay style with over 300 words explaining the reason). this form is pretty straightforward. 

in my case the congresswoman reached back  and request documents to back up my claim, so i prepared a dissertation type document  that proved that we are under financial stress.

this document included all my bills (with highlighted expenditures) , the job offer and at the end I created an excel sheet with my total expenses and my total income (I took a 3 months sample) showing that in fact i was in negatives, you don't have to do all of this, i did it all  cause my  congresswoman requested it to play it safe to the USCIS, it all depends. some people just submit the form to their congressperson and they submit the same one to the USCIS and they get approved, etc

One question: did you include your spouse revenues?...What I wonder is how showing a household negative “account” (total household revenues minus expenses) makes sense since when applying for AOS and filing affidavit of support, you gave proof that your spouse could financially support both of you...Unless there has been a change of circumstances on your spouse side, revenue wise?...

Maybe some of the “experienced”/older members of VJ could shed some lights on this?

Edited by Gatekeeper

2 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

One question: did you include your spouse revenues?...What I wonder is how showing a household negative “account” (total household revenues minus expenses) makes sense since when applying for AOS and filing affidavit of support, you gave proof that your spouse could financially support both of you...Unless there has been a change of circumstances on your spouse side, revenue wise?...

Maybe some of the “experienced”/older members of VJ could shed some lights on this?

Well, you know that you can't work until you get the EAD, hence I only included her finances (bank statements) 

the equation is very simple:

(her earnings + our assets  + my savings (car payments etc)) - (our bills ( credit card payments, phone, lawyers, etc) )= negative figure  highlighted 

in an excel spreadsheet  and to back it up I added-up our bank statements, payments  scans etc. 

In my situation  my Mother-in-law had to fill the affidavit of support when we applied, cause my wife lost her job during covid, Regardless  it's not weird or odd that expenses go up in certain periods of time and your spouse can no longer be the sole provider, that's the whole point of  expediting due to 'financial loss', USCIS does not assume that your finances will look the same after no working for like 6-7 months (as the timeline stand right now)

Edited by miserygame

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, miserygame said:

Well, you know that you can't work until you get the EAD, hence I only included her finances (bank statements) 

he equation is very simple:

her earnings + our assets (car payments etc) - our bills ( credit card payments, phone, lawyers, etc) = result highlighted 

in an excel spreadsheet  and to back it up I added-up our bank statements, payments  scans etc. 

In my situation  my Mother-in-law had to fill the affidavit of support when we applied, cause my wife lost her job during covid, Regardless  it's not weird or odd that expenses go up in certain periods of time and your spouse can no longer be the sole provider, that's the whole point of  expediting due to 'financial loss', USCIS does not assume that your finances will look the same after no working for like 6-7 months (as the timeline stand right now)

Ok I see, thanks for clarifying. So the real trigger isn’t having a job offer but a change of financial circumstances which has led to financial hardship and which, in turn, may give rise to an expedite EAD.

3 hours ago, Skyman said:

Thanks for the info. Just curious, is your congresswoman blue or red?

Blue, I live in Denver, so my whole district is super blue, I know that GOP congresspeople offer the same help, but it's usually slower and with too many steps, for instance the congressman from Colorado Springs (red district) only accepts the USCIS form by mail, so you have to print it out, fill it up and send it by mail, whereas for my congressperson they have the same form online, etc.

2 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

Ok I see, thanks for clarifying. So the real trigger isn’t having a job offer but a change of financial circumstances which has led to financial hardship and which, in turn, may give rise to an expedite EAD.

Yes, like I said in the original post, you don't really need a job offer, it's a plus if you have it, you have to back it up the financial loss situation and the only way to do it is by giving them pay stubs, bank statements and your expenses (3 months)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Blue, I live in Denver, so my whole district is super blue, I know that GOP congresspeople offer the same help, but it's usually slower and with too many steps, for instance the congressman from Colorado Springs (red district) only accepts the USCIS form by mail, so you have to print it out, fill it up and send it by mail, whereas for my congressperson they have the same form online, etc.

Mine is blue too but his website is rather discouraging saying that it's unlikely they can do much to accelerate immigration. I'll give it a try though.

10 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Mine is blue too but his website is rather discouraging saying that it's unlikely they can do much to accelerate immigration. I'll give it a try though.

My congresswoman staffer was also  discouraging, I think it'll come down to your expedite package. like in my case, I submitted a pdf with over 20 pages in it, just gather as many doc. you have. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.