HolaHola

January 2021 - AOS Fillers

129 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, HolaHola said:

Same here...honestly for people like us who were able to enter the US recently on a K1, I thought the bio could have been waived.....

Honestly it’s a big BS that we have to apply for the work permit. It should just be the adjustment of status. Not being able to work for couple of months is just super annoying

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Hello all, all your priority date of AOS  is your 129f approval date??

That date is for whom have filed the I-130. So basically for us is when USCIS has received the I-129 F but it is not required...

Timeline
1 hour ago, LegalAlienn said:

Honestly it’s a big BS that we have to apply for the work permit. It should just be the adjustment of status. Not being able to work for couple of months is just super annoying

Super true. People who apply for a CR1 Visa enter the US and they get their green card done nice and clean...while we have to undergo infinitive steps for basically something that is so trivial like a working permit....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got my NOA1s on the 24th Jan 2021, just joining in to say no word yet on the biometrics. Had assumed it would be at least 2 months (so pretty much now-ish), but as others have said, am settling in for a long wait.... We really wish we'd not gone the K1 route, though it certainly made the most sense at the time!

Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 6:55 PM, Kit1 said:

Hi all,

Got my NOA1s on the 24th Jan 2021, just joining in to say no word yet on the biometrics. Had assumed it would be at least 2 months (so pretty much now-ish), but as others have said, am settling in for a long wait.... We really wish we'd not gone the K1 route, though it certainly made the most sense at the time!

I am at my 77th day...still nothing....on Lawfully I should receive something by early May but still no biometrics....

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

My husband and I filed AOS on Jan 20th (he came on a k1 in nov). We had a family emergency a few weeks ago and had been trying to request an expedited travel permit. We had to schedule an emergency biometrics and info pass appt (I had to get a senators office involved). Finally Almost 3 wks later we recieved a notification that his EAD and AP have been approved and the AOS is ready for interview. Good luck to everyone as these wait times are frustrating. Let’s hope that as our country gets back to normal and opens back up, USCIS processing catches up on cases.

Timeline
On 5/13/2021 at 9:14 PM, Kariz said:

My husband and I filed AOS on Jan 20th (he came on a k1 in nov). We had a family emergency a few weeks ago and had been trying to request an expedited travel permit. We had to schedule an emergency biometrics and info pass appt (I had to get a senators office involved). Finally Almost 3 wks later we recieved a notification that his EAD and AP have been approved and the AOS is ready for interview. Good luck to everyone as these wait times are frustrating. Let’s hope that as our country gets back to normal and opens back up, USCIS processing catches up on cases.

Thank you for sharing your experience. 

We are thinking about calling USCIS and talking with a tier 2 officer just to see what he/she may suggest. I am on the 123rd day and STILL nothing....

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
18 hours ago, LegalAlienn said:

I just received a letter in my mail for biometrics appointment on 6/29. Things are moving finally after 5 months

I saw you have my same timeline! I sent my package on Jan 11th and got my NOA1 on Jan 20th. I have not received any RFEs though and I hope that I will not now that 5 months have passed. Does this mean it will be my turn soon? lol..........................😔

3 hours ago, HolaHola said:

I saw you have my same timeline! I sent my package on Jan 11th and got my NOA1 on Jan 20th. I have not received any RFEs though and I hope that I will not now that 5 months have passed. Does this mean it will be my turn soon? lol..........................😔

Let’s hope so. It all depends how busy is the field office where you are. But I’m assuming that you should receive something in your mail any day from now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Informed Delivery is telling me there's a letter from the NBC in the mail, but it hasn't been delivered yet. Could either be an RFE or Biometrics. Praying for the latter.

4 hours ago, JacobP said:

Informed Delivery is telling me there's a letter from the NBC in the mail, but it hasn't been delivered yet. Could either be an RFE or Biometrics. Praying for the latter.

I subbed to your timeline and just saw you got your biometrics -- congrats! Really hoping we aren't too far behind you, this has been an insane wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.