HolaHola

January 2021 - AOS Fillers

129 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JacobP said:

She got a SSN on her K1 I-94 but it's in her maiden name. She did ask for a new SSN card on the I-765 so hopefully they just update the name for us and avoid the headache of getting another appointment.

After my first marriage dealing with name changes I decided to keep my own name knowing the hassle with that 🙈🤪

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 minute ago, JacobP said:

She got a SSN on her K1 I-94 but it's in her maiden name. She did ask for a new SSN card on the I-765 so hopefully they just update the name for us and avoid the headache of getting another appointment.

That was exactly what I was trying to get once I arrived in the US back in October 2020. All the SSA offices were (and still are) closed and I realised I could have gotten a SSN too late....glad you guys were able to get one!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HolaHola said:

That was exactly what I was trying to get once I arrived in the US back in October 2020. All the SSA offices were (and still are) closed and I realised I could have gotten a SSN too late....glad you guys were able to get one!

Any word if the EAD itself was mailed yet?

3 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

After my first marriage dealing with name changes I decided to keep my own name knowing the hassle with that 🙈🤪

We're young and naive, it's ok.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JacobP said:

It says card being produced. I'm just very surprised getting my ssn before the EAD card, not complaining though!

Young and naive is good ❤ I miss that feeling sometimes 😂😅

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JacobP said:

No, not yet. It should turn into "Card has been mailed to me" but some people reported that this sometimes doesn't happen.

Timeline

Guys I have just received another update! 

EAD and AP Case Approved. The next step will be "Card was mailed to me" at this point!

Edited by HolaHola

21 minutes ago, HolaHola said:

Guys I have just received another update! 

EAD and AP Case Approved. The next step will be "Card was mailed to me" at this point!

Same here... I’m so confused, this doesn’t make sense! Oh well 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LegalAlienn said:

Same here... I’m so confused, this doesn’t make sense! Oh well 

Yeah this is pretty standard. The case status says the card was ordered, then it says it was approved. No idea why, but that's how it is.

Timeline
On 9/8/2021 at 12:59 PM, Kaatje said:

It says card being produced. I'm just very surprised getting my ssn before the EAD card, not complaining though!

Young and naive is good ❤ I miss that feeling sometimes 😂😅

Received card yesterday!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kaatje said:

Received card yesterday!

Nice! Did they never update your case status? My wife's updated yesterday to show "case approved" on both the EAD and AP. I have informed delivery to give me a tracking number regardless of whether the USCIS tells me or not.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JacobP said:

Nice! Did they never update your case status? My wife's updated yesterday to show "case approved" on both the EAD and AP. I have informed delivery to give me a tracking number regardless of whether the USCIS tells me or not.

I got 'we ordered your card' before the approval notice. Today I got card delivered on my status. Seems they've sent the card before sending the approval? Anyway, opening a bank account today!  🙂🙂🙂

Timeline

Good morning everybody!

My case turned into "Card was mailed to you" early this morning! The date is Sept. 10th though.

4 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

Had the interview today and got approved! They said greencard will be mailed to me within 2 weeks 😃😃😃

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D 

Glee Congratulations GIF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.