HolaHola

January 2021 - AOS Fillers

129 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Kit1 said:

Hi folks, 

Just got my green card interview scheduled for the first week of November (had biometrics done the first week of August).

Re: concerns about the medical exam expiring, I was wondering about this too - especially as there's not been any official mention of it being a problem (yet).

Also, I saw this below on an immigration lawyer's website, so fingers crossed there might be some wiggle room. Good luck all:

• USCIS Temporarily Extends Validity of Medical Exams: On August 12, 2021, USCIS announced that the validity period for Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, will be extended from two years to four years due to COVID-related delays in processing applications for adjustment of status. Medical reports still must be submitted to USCIS within 60 days of being signed by the civil surgeon.

Found a link - https://www.visalawyerblog.com/uscis-announces-temporary-extension-of-form-i-693-medical-examination-validity-from-2-to-4-years/

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi guys I received the EAD 5 days ago. I called my local social security office to see if they can give me my # so I can start working asap they said there’s no info and to apply and wait for 2 weeks. We applied for the SS with the EAD how long is it supposed to take to receive the social security card? I have a job offer I’m just waiting for it 

Edited by domnj26

Interview over, and not that stressful. I think my husband charmed the woman who did the interview -- she certainly smiled when he said he would follow me just about anywhere, except for the loo. :lol: No update yet on card being produced or anything, but I expect we'll hear something tomorrow. She did ask a little about our timeline, which I admit is a bit odd but not that odd, and easily enough explained. She said it was a bit screwy, but life can be screwy. 

We were both mentally exhausted after it was over, like we'd been holding our breath for months and can finally exhale. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Interviewed today and approved on the spot. Lady basically confirmed the information on the forms, asked all the 'yes/no' questions to my wife and took a few of our pictures, that's it. No hard questions and no request to see any of the documents the letter told us to take. Status has already changed to new card being produced. Now we can rest for two years! Congrats to everyone who has been approved recently! 

5 minutes ago, KevinOtgoo said:

Interviewed today and approved on the spot. Lady basically confirmed the information on the forms, asked all the 'yes/no' questions to my wife and took a few of our pictures, that's it. No hard questions and no request to see any of the documents the letter told us to take. Status has already changed to new card being produced. Now we can rest for two years! Congrats to everyone who has been approved recently! 

Congratulations, what documents ( proof of relationship) have you submitted at the time of AOS filing?TIA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If I received a promotion/pay increase since the AOS forms were all sent in, would I need to bring an updated I-864 to the interview? Or is that only if I started a job at a completely different company?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
On 10/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, KevinOtgoo said:

Hey congratulations 🎉 how long did it take to receive your green card after the interview day? I had the same experience 2 days ago and the same day it said card being produce and yesterday case was approved 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 10/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, Dome said:

If I received a promotion/pay increase since the AOS forms were all sent in, would I need to bring an updated I-864 to the interview? Or is that only if I started a job at a completely different company?

Just bring with you the document that shows this pay increase. No need to bring a completely new form 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, Ophelie Houlmann said:

Good morning everyone. I finally got my interview scheduled! I was wondering one thing; how was your interview? Did they separate your spouse and you in two different rooms to ask questions? Were you always together? 

Hi and congrats on getting your interview scheduled. I know it is a pain especially with the long wait. But just to provide a little more information abut what to expect on the interview date based on my experience. 

1. make sure you bring the original copies and as much evidence as possible including photos. ( though in my case they didn't keep any of the photos she just looked at them and gave them back)

2. Make sure you go with some water and light refreshment because there might be a bit of a wait time ( about 30 - 1.5 hours before you are actually interviewed)

3. My wife and I were taken to a private room where a tablet was placed in from of us with the interviewer ( due to covid)

4. you will then start with some swearing in and the questions will start rolling 

5. Always remember to smile and look at the camera from time to time ( also make sure to look at your wife/husband when they are answering questions and try not to be too nervous)

6. if you have any funny stories that relate to some of the questions you are asked be sure to bring them up ( that can help break some of the tension in the room)

7. All in all the interview took about 15 - 20 minutes and although we weren't approved on the spot we were approved about 2 weeks later

So that's the thing, although it would be nice to hear that you have been approved on the spot but its not the end of the world if they tell you they need some more time before they make a decision. Just make sure you have provided all the evidences they requested. Also I was interviewed in the New Jersey Office and my process from submission of application to getting my green card took about 6 months.

PS: I think they separate you in different rooms when they think they see some potential red flags.

Edited by Agroko

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.