Pee&Eee

N400 March 2021 Filers

595 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Rescheduling Biometric Services Appointments by Phone

Release Date 
05/11/2021

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that applicants, petitioners, requestors and beneficiaries may now call the USCIS Contact Center (800-375-5283) to reschedule their biometric services appointments scheduled at a USCIS Application Support Center. Previously, applicants had to submit requests in writing to reschedule their biometrics appointments. This change helps eliminate undue paperwork and allows USCIS to track the request through a more efficient process.  

Applicants must establish good cause for rescheduling and must call before the date and time of their original appointment to reschedule. If an applicant fails to call before the scheduled appointment or fails to establish good cause, USCIS may consider the application, petition, or request abandoned and, as a result, it may be denied.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Any Cleveland Feb/March Filers who received their interview notices? Trying to estimate the timeline. Also VERY happy to see other service centers moving the N-400s so fast. good luck all :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Today was my interview and I passed, had my oath ceremony done on site (buffalo field office) I am a citizen!!!!!!!!

I can't remember all the questions but here are the ones I do remember:

Who is the supreme court justice (I failed this one)

What happened on 9/11

What's the economic system in us

What party is the current president of the us 

Who is the speaker of the house of rep

How many amendments does the constitution have

The last one I can't remember for the life of me lol , they asked me a few questions about me and my husband and I got approved!!!

Good luck guys !! And thanks everyone for the advise !!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AnayraMG said:

Today was my interview and I passed, had my oath ceremony done on site (buffalo field office) I am a citizen!!!!!!!!

What happened on 9/11

The last one I can't remember for the life of me lol , they asked me a few questions about me and my husband and I got approved!!!

Congratulations 

• USCIS
  • 05/23/16      Married:                    
  • Chicago      Lock-box:                   
  • 09/16/16      Sent on ---               
  • 09/19/16      Received ---   
  • 09/20/16      NOA1 notice           
  • 09/26/16      NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :      Nebraska Service Center
  • Transferred to: Potomac Service Center  02/15/17
  • 07/20/17       NOA2  
  • 07/24/17       NOA2  hardcopy 
  • NVC
  • 07/27/17       Case sent to NVC
  • 07/31/17       Case received at NVC
  • 08/03/17       Received welcome e-mail with case and invoice number
  • 08/04/17       AOS invoiced 
  • 08/04/17       Completed DS-261
  • 08/04/17       AOS paid
  • 08/11/17       Name updated to married name
  • 08/11/17       iV Invoiced
  • 08/28/17       IV fes paid
  • 09/02/17      Completed DS-260 & Received confirmation from NVC
  • 09/18/17      Sent AOS and IV package
  • 09/22/17       NVC received package 
  • 11/07/17       Case Complete
  • 11/08/17       Checklist
  • 11/15/17       Case in queue for interview date
  • 11/29/17       Call and date was given for interview
  • 12/04/17       Received confirmation for medical appointment
  • KNG CONSULATE 
  • 12/11/17       Documents en-route to Kingston consulate
  • 12/12/17       Case status shows ready for interview
  • 01/02/18       Medical
  • 01/16/18       Interview APPROVED :jest: :D
  • 01/19/18      Visa package ready to be picked up at DHL   :rolleyes:
  • 02/02/18      P.O.E Fort Lauderdale
  • 02/02/18      Jacksonville Airport
  •  
  • 3 KIDS IMMIGRATION BEGINS
  • 05/0/18      Sent on ---               
  • 05/07/18    Received ---   
  • 05/11/18    NOA1 notice           
  • 05/18/18    NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :       POTOMAC
  • 10/30/18     RFE for my 6 yr old (request evidence for his 2 marriage certificates 😡, at what age he been married twice, my husband submitted his with application which is where uscis got mixed up)
  •  11/08/18    Evidence sent
  • 11/27/18     Status changed back to "Case was received"
  • 12/17/18     Requested expedite via phone (tier 1 said we can do this based on USCIS mistake an my sons illness)
  • 01/09/19    Approval
  • 01/14/19.   USCIS tier 1 told us the kids were approved an notice was mailed
  • 01/16/19.   Hard copy NOA2
  • 01/22/19.   Updated on website "sent to NVC"
  • 01/29/19.   NVC received kids case from USCIS
  • 03/12/19.   Received welcome letter with case and invoice number
  • 03/17/19.   Paid AOS
  • 03/18/19.   Paid IV Fees
  • 03/25/19.   Son (6) approved for expedite for medical reasons but not my other kids.
  • 03/26/19.    NVC said we should email NVC expedite an tell them we need all three done at the same time as it's a financial burden to make two trips to Jamaica for interview. Which we did now the wait begins. Son case already sent to Jamaica embassy 
  • 04/01/19.   Daughters approved for expedite and sent to Jamaica (embassy) 👌
  • 04/05/19.   Received interview date for May 10, 8am. Registered their interview and emailed Andrews Hospital to schedule their appointments.
  • 04/26/19.    Medical appointment date 8am.
  • 05/10/19.    Interview 8am approved.  🎉🎊..
  • 05/11/19.    Status changed to AP
  • 05/13/19.    Status changed to ISSUED
  • 05/15/19.    2 youngest kids passport picked up by their dad
  • 05/16/19.     Eldest child passport picked up by her dad
  • 07/19/19.     P.O.E Atlanta 

• ROC
  • Texas.        Lock-Box
  • 11/23/19.    Sent I-751 / biometric fee
  • 11/26/19.    Received 
  • Sent to       Texas Service Center (SRC) 
  • 12/03/19.    Received text
  • 12/07/19.    Received 18 months extension letter
  • 12/12/19.    Case updated to case transferred to another service center now I’m awaiting letter
  • 12//19.     Received notice of transfer
  • Transferred to  National Benefits Center 
  • 01/31/20.     Biometrics Jacksonville  (had to reschedule)
  • 02/19/20.      New biometrics date in Jacksonville 
  • 04/08/20       Status changed to Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
  • 03/22/21.     Status updated with interview date 4/20/21
  • 04/20/21.     I-751 interview at 7:45am Charleston SC Approved for 10yr GC.
  •  
  • N-400 Citizenship 
  • 03/12/21.     Applied online for citizenship wait period 6 months (September 2021) National Benefits Center 
  • 03/21/21.    Received letter of acceptance 
  • 10/28/21.     Case updated to interview scheduled
  • 10/29/21.      Status updated to case needs attention 
  • 10/29/21.      Interview at 1:15pn 12/01/21 Charleston SC
  • 11/01/21      interview descheduled
  • 11/02/21       interview rescheduled to 12/03/21 @8:45am Charleston
  • 12/03/21      I drove 3 hours for my interview only to be told my file wasn't there and I'd have to be rescheduled for another interview. they weren't sure if it would be possible before the holiday. He even said he wasn't sure why they didn't do both interviews that very day when i did removal of conditions interview.  
  • 01/07/22.     Interview rescheduled for 02/14/22 @1:30pm Charleston SC.
  • 02/14/22.      Passed my interview. Now await oath ceremony.
  • 11/02/22.      Letter mailed with oath ceremony date and time 
  • 11/08/22.      Received letter oath ceremony scheduled for 11/15/22 @9am Charleston 
  • 11/15/22.      Oath Ceremony in Charleston (finally a citizen of the USA 🇺🇸) 🥳🍾

Timeline
2 hours ago, AnayraMG said:

What happened on 9/11

Congratulations Anayra!!!! I'm still waiting for our greatest office in Buffalo to be scheduled for interview-)))

Anyone has any experience with USCIS messaging in the profile? Was it useful to send them a message and how long usually does it take to hear back from them?

Planning to have a travel in the coming weeks, I sent a message and asked about the timeline of my application and not sure, if will receive any specific info or just another template one sent by robots or representatives without access to the details of the file.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AlexUSA said:

Anyone has any experience with USCIS messaging in the profile? Was it useful to send them a message and how long usually does it take to hear back from them?

Planning to have a travel in the coming weeks, I sent a message and asked about the timeline of my application and not sure, if will receive any specific info or just another template one sent by robots or representatives without access to the details of the file.

I messaged them twice, and both times they answered within 2 weeks, but I'm just telling you-stop it right there and save your time, the only thing you will see back from them would be a link to the uscis processing time hahaha, it just ridiculous, sometimes I think they don't really read the question and answer something else something that has nothing to do with your question, sorry for not helping you 😤🤗😆

Edited by Savva

5 minutes ago, Savva said:

I messaged them twice, and both times they answered within 2 weeks, but I'm just telling you-stop it right there and save your time, the only thing you will see back from them would be a link to the uscis processing time hahaha, it just ridiculous, sometimes I think they don't really read the question and answer something else something that has nothing to do with your question, sorry for not helping you 😤🤗😆

lol. I was thinking the same and honestly not expecting much, but today decided just to give a shot and see what happens. Now seems, even giving it shot is not worth it and better stick to decrypting the minor changes in the status messages than inquiring from them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/16/2021 at 9:39 AM, Greg C said:

Any idea when personalized processing times might return??

Well, personalized processing time has finally returned...and now I wish it hadn't!

Ours now says 14 months until a decision...July 2022!!?? Original estimated case processing time was November 2021!!

How accurate do we think these are?

There's also now a new asterisk note that says "*These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary." Does that mean if you're applying based on the 3-year rule that a decision make take even longer??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greg C said:

Well, personalized processing time has finally returned...and now I wish it hadn't!

Ours now says 14 months until a decision...July 2022!!?? Original estimated case processing time was November 2021!!

How accurate do we think these are?

There's also now a new asterisk note that says "*These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary." Does that mean if you're applying based on the 3-year rule that a decision make take even longer??

Mine went from July 2021 to 11 more months. But again, I think this does not apply to the 3 year filers. They are trying to say that this new estimate is only valid for the folks who applied on the basis of 5 years of LPR. For everyone else, the estimate does not apply. Get ready for thousands of calls today, USCIS. LOL!

Ahh woke up to an update in my account - interview was scheduled for June 22nd!

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.