thine

N-400 April 2021 Filers (edited title)

407 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought of giving my update after my interview but I changed my mind :D

Here is my timeline. My first interview schedule was June 18th. Unfortunately, that is also the day President Biden declared a federal holiday. The local office tried to call me but my phone showed them as SCAM LIKELY 😂 so I did not pick it up  but they left a VM.

They called like 4pm a day  before my schedule. I got a slight anxiety that it will take them long time to get me a new one. Fortunately, I did not wait that long. So, my new schedule on the 27th.  Oh, they also reuse my biometrics.

image.png.fe9397ab088c17abfd4d8bcd87475fdb.png

AS for my I-751.. NADA! Zilch! Zero update from when they sent a notice that they are ready to schedule me for interview. I think they lost my papers.

image.thumb.png.328a51861707446c3d5eb5cd39efb84e.png

So, I was thinking of bringing the copy of the notices I received for I-751, or should I?

Also, in between all this, I got a new job and I had an issue with my I-9. I did not realized my SS has a restriction. I should have submitted a change of status request when I got my GC. It indicates that I only have a work permit not GC. To fix my I9 and so that I can get a paycheck, I submitted the notice of 18 extension of my gc and it worked. I guess the lesson is, check if your SS card has a note that says " Valid for work only with DSH Authorization". If yes and have no schedule of interview yet and planning to get a new job, I suggest to send in a COS request.

Anyway, wish me good luck and I will update you guys of my interview.

ROC JOURNEY

02/13/20  --- ROC packet sent  

02/18/20  --- ROC packet received Texas Day 0

02/21/20  --- SMS notice received EAC (Vermont)  Day 3

02/26/20  --- NOA 1 received - Extension Letter  Day 8

03/16/20  --- NOA 2 received dated 03/06/20- Biometrics schedule  Day 27

11/05/20  --- Notice of transfer of case to NBC  Day 261

02/26/21  --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview  Day 374

10 hours ago, Christina Pizzuti said:

I thought of giving my update after my interview but I changed my mind :D

Here is my timeline. My first interview schedule was June 18th. Unfortunately, that is also the day President Biden declared a federal holiday. The local office tried to call me but my phone showed them as SCAM LIKELY 😂 so I did not pick it up  but they left a VM.

They called like 4pm a day  before my schedule. I got a slight anxiety that it will take them long time to get me a new one. Fortunately, I did not wait that long. So, my new schedule on the 27th.  Oh, they also reuse my biometrics.

image.png.fe9397ab088c17abfd4d8bcd87475fdb.png

AS for my I-751.. NADA! Zilch! Zero update from when they sent a notice that they are ready to schedule me for interview. I think they lost my papers.

image.thumb.png.328a51861707446c3d5eb5cd39efb84e.png

So, I was thinking of bringing the copy of the notices I received for I-751, or should I?

Also, in between all this, I got a new job and I had an issue with my I-9. I did not realized my SS has a restriction. I should have submitted a change of status request when I got my GC. It indicates that I only have a work permit not GC. To fix my I9 and so that I can get a paycheck, I submitted the notice of 18 extension of my gc and it worked. I guess the lesson is, check if your SS card has a note that says " Valid for work only with DSH Authorization". If yes and have no schedule of interview yet and planning to get a new job, I suggest to send in a COS request.

Anyway, wish me good luck and I will update you guys of my interview.

What is a COS request and what is the process for that? Mine also says this on SS card. I’m not planning to change my job anytime soon but what an inconvenience 🙄😭

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

I just received the news that my interview has been scheduled for next month.... totally surprised and very excited!

Applied on 04/26/2021

Bio reuse  04/26/2021

Interview scheduled 07/13/2021

my I751 still pending though, most probably will be a combo interview.

2 hours ago, manoni said:

Hello All,

I just received the news that my interview has been scheduled for next month.... totally surprised and very excited!

Applied on 04/26/2021

Bio reuse  04/26/2021

Interview scheduled 07/13/2021

my I751 still pending though, most probably will be a combo interview.

Congrats!! This is so exciting 👍🏽 Good luck and keep us posted! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 6/21/2021 at 3:14 PM, cadyinhaiti said:

My husband had his interview today. It was super quick, maybe 10-15 minutes at most. We are the Louisville field office. They asked him: 

Who was president during WW1?

How many justices on the Supreme Court?

Where is the Statue of Liberty?

Name 3 of the 13 original colonies  

Who signs bills into law? 

Name one of the tribes of American/Native Indians. 

He had to read: How many US senators are there. 
He had to write: There are one hundred US Senators. 

Hope that helps ease your minds that it can be quick and easy! He will hear in a few weeks about when his oath ceremony is.

The only downside was that I couldn’t go in with him because of Covid. Only people with appts can enter 😩

Good luck everyone!

My husband got his notice for oath ceremony in the mail on Saturday. His oath will be Thursday, July 22.  Just wanted to update in case that is helpful for anyone else’s timeline. We are Louisville field office. 

It seems like they are still only letting the new citizen enter the facility, so I can’t go inside with him. 

Good luck everyone!

Had my interview today in Tampa and since they have large numbers they are now doing same day oaths which was a huge surprise.

Filed on 17th April under 3 years/marriage.

Interview and Oath 15th - July.

They didn’t ask for anything other than my ID, PR card,  passport and SS number.

Questions:

Name one of the original tribes in the US.

What ocean is on the West coast of US?

What is one of the two longest rivers?

What month do we vote for president? 
Who signs bills to become laws?

What movement tried to end racial discrimination?

Edited by TLCandLC
Error

58 minutes ago, TLCandLC said:

Had my interview today in Tampa and since they have large numbers they are now doing same day oaths which was a huge surprise.

They didn’t ask for anything other than my ID, PR card,  passport and SS number.

Questions:

Congrats! Did they issue you your naturalization certificate the same day?

1 hour ago, TLCandLC said:

Questions:

Is SSN CARD a required document for the N400 Interview? I lost mine...years ago and don;t hve the actual card on me now!

7 hours ago, MYV said:

Congrats! Did they issue you your naturalization certificate the same day?

Yes, they issued it right after the ceremony.  Sorry - I thought I had replied to you earlier!

6 hours ago, idyllic420 said:

Is SSN CARD a required document for the N400 Interview? I lost mine...years ago and don;t hve the actual card on me now!

They only asked for the number, not the card so you should be okay!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

So guys, turns out an officer may ask you a meaning (in your own words) of YES and NO questions (have you ever been) I found this SUPER helpful video, hope it is going to help you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.