thine

N-400 April 2021 Filers (edited title)

407 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

That sucks. I got my notification for citizenship but no interview for I-751. My extension runs out next month and DL in December. So back to square one again. Hopefully it’ll fall into place. Never a straight road is it?! 

One good thing about moving states is he had to get another DL so we have a year, but another friend from the UK also on a green card just got her DL the month before and they gave her 8yr DL. He was rather displeased lol

5 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

One good thing about moving states is he had to get another DL so we have a year, but another friend from the UK also on a green card just got her DL the month before and they gave her 8yr DL. He was rather displeased lol

That’s crazy! 8 years… that’s very generous ha. Mine was for 21 months this time round. I was grateful for that haha!! I actually came home to a letter from my local office stating they have received my I-751 and will be conducting an interview. It’s at the same time and day as citizenship. So combo interview it is!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone with USCIS, and was told that a Request for Interview Scheduling was made on 09/01/2021.. Now just to wait before they actually schedule it I guess...! No word on my I-751 though, hopefully they would process both at the same time, same interview.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

just wanted to update you all on my combo interview. I passed!! it was very painless. The officer was super nice and down to earth. We started with our I-751. We had to provide my passport, drivers license and green card. My husband had to give his driver license. 
We went through our application- asked questions on our own families. We were asked how we met. Lots of chit chat between. She asked if I had any additional evidence I’d like to submit which I gave her my tax transcripts and extra photos. She then asked my husband to step out so we can conduct the N400.

she went through what would happen. Go over the application, civics test and then the eligibility. I got asked 4 questions:

Why do some states have more reps?
General Eisenhower was in What war? 
How long does the president serve? 
What is one responsibility of a US citizen?

I had to read a statement ( I can’t remember) and wrote on a tablet “Washington was the first president”.

went over the yes/no questions. 
Then she handed me a piece of paper which stated I passed the N400. She explained my Green card will be mailed to me regardless and then a letter will be mailed with a date of my Oath ceremony. Everything was returned to me including my expired GC. She said to bring both GC to ceremony where they will be taken. She congratulated me and said let’s get back to your husband. 
I was done! Phew!! 

Good luck to all those still waiting! Your time will come and it will be amazing!! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just wanted to add some updates on my wife's case (which was approved!):

• Filed for I-751 in July 2019, she had a Biometrics appointment 1 month later.
  • Filed for N-400 in April 2021 (we could've filed back in September of 2020, but just got lazy).
  • Received an interview for I-751 and N-400 for October 18, 2021 (San Francisco office)

We received the notices for the combo interview almost 1 month prior to the October 18 date. However, we noticed that the I-751 and N-400 interviews were on the same date/time, but in two different locations in SF!!! We quickly called the USCIS customer hotline, and the guy acknowledged this must be some kind of an issue. He put in a request to have the interview re-scheduled, but told us if it didn't get re-scheduled before Oct. 18th, we should just go to the N-400 interview location and mention to the USCIS officer that we had an I-751 interview as well. About a few days later, we received a call from the local San Francisco USCIS office, with a lady who was trying to confirm our original appointment. We pointed out this discrepancy, and she noted that we should just show up to the N-400 location, where both interviews would be conducted. However, she was a bit concerned that since we had called the USCIS hotline, they may have already re-scheduled our appointment! Luckily, she was able to quickly cancel the re-schedule request and confirmed our original appointment. Two days later, she called back again and pushed our interview time from 7:30 AM to 10:15 AM. All in all, it was kind of a mess, but I'm glad it all worked out.

The interview process itself was super smooth. There was a huge line in front of the office, so it took us about 30 minutes just to get into the building. The USCIS officer was the nicest person. He allowed me to be present with my wife for the entire thing. He asked to see my wife's GC and her driver's license, he then asked for my driver's license. He went through the I-751 application details, and just jokingly asked if we were still married. He then shifted to the N-400 interview and first completed the English reading/writing portion of the exam:

• Asked my wife to read "Why was Abraham Lincoln famous?"
  • Asked my wife to write "Licoln was president during the Civil War".

Next up was the civics test:

• Who is the Governor of your state?
  • How many senators in the US senate?
  • What was the name of the movement to end racial discrimination in the US?
  • What are two rights guaranteed in the Declaration of Independence?
  • What is one of the two longest rivers in the US?

He then just asked us to summarize the evidence we'd submitted for the N-400 application. At no point did he ask to see any of the paper evidence we had brought in. We responded - tax returns, lease agreements, credit card statements, utility bills, etc. He then apologized that it had taken over 2.5 years to finalize the I-751 application. He said my wife had passed and that there might be a chance for a same-day oath ceremony. We went back out to the waiting area where another lady came up and told us that, unfortunately, all the slots for the day were taken up, and her oath ceremony would be two days later (Oct. 20th), and that no guests were allowed. My wife went to the oath ceremony, where they took her old greencard, as well as her I-751 extension letter. She was out in 30 minutes with her naturalization certficate.

Edited by agripa

Hi guys. So I received an email from USCIS about 4 days ago saying "We have taken an action on your case.  Sign in to your account to view your case status" but every time I checked my USCIS account, I don't see any updates in the "Case Status" or "Documents" sections. So I decided to send them a message today through https://myaccount.uscis.gov from my inbox, 15 minutes later I received an email saying Interview was scheduled. I don't know if it was the message I sent that triggered the response or if it was a total coincidence but I would say it's worth a try if you need answers.

Applied - April 15th
Interview - December 20th

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/29/2021 at 7:05 PM, Sarah_k92 said:

Hi everyone!

just wanted to update you all on my combo interview. I passed!! it was very painless. The officer was super nice and down to earth. We started with our I-751. We had to provide my passport, drivers license and green card. My husband had to give his driver license. 
We went through our application- asked questions on our own families. We were asked how we met. Lots of chit chat between. She asked if I had any additional evidence I’d like to submit which I gave her my tax transcripts and extra photos. She then asked my husband to step out so we can conduct the N400.

she went through what would happen. Go over the application, civics test and then the eligibility. I got asked 4 questions:

Why do some states have more reps?
General Eisenhower was in What war? 
How long does the president serve? 
What is one responsibility of a US citizen?

I had to read a statement ( I can’t remember) and wrote on a tablet “Washington was the first president”.

went over the yes/no questions. 
Then she handed me a piece of paper which stated I passed the N400. She explained my Green card will be mailed to me regardless and then a letter will be mailed with a date of my Oath ceremony. Everything was returned to me including my expired GC. She said to bring both GC to ceremony where they will be taken. She congratulated me and said let’s get back to your husband. 
I was done! Phew!! 

Good luck to all those still waiting! Your time will come and it will be amazing!! 

Congratulations! I have my N-400 interview tomorrow at the Manchester office. I already have my permanent green card, so I dont think I would be allowed to bring my wife in to the interview. I am secretly hoping that the oath ceremony happens tomorrow so that I am done.

18 minutes ago, ssaket said:

Congratulations! I have my N-400 interview tomorrow at the Manchester office. I already have my permanent green card, so I dont think I would be allowed to bring my wife in to the interview. I am secretly hoping that the oath ceremony happens tomorrow so that I am done.

Eek! That’s exciting. The officers were super nice. But there was only two officers conducting interviews. So we didn’t really have anyone else to do the oath. I work with other people who went to Manchester office for their citizenship interviews and were asked to come back to do their oath. My letter came quickly though and it was 3 weeks away from initial interview. My husband was asked to leave when she started my citizenship interview. I hope everything goes well for you! Good luck! 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Eek! That’s exciting. The officers were super nice. But there was only two officers conducting interviews. So we didn’t really have anyone else to do the oath. I work with other people who went to Manchester office for their citizenship interviews and were asked to come back to do their oath. My letter came quickly though and it was 3 weeks away from initial interview. My husband was asked to leave when she started my citizenship interview. I hope everything goes well for you! Good luck! 

Thank you. Based on your timeline, it means your oath taking is this week, right? I am mentally prepared to come back for oath taking at a later date.

3 hours ago, ssaket said:

Thank you. Based on your timeline, it means your oath taking is this week, right? I am mentally prepared to come back for oath taking at a later date.

It’s actually scheduled 12/3 so a longer wait. Not sure why but regardless it’s happening and will be all done soon! 

On 11/1/2021 at 12:10 PM, Donnell said:
Hi guys. So I received an email from USCIS about 4 days ago saying "We have taken an action on your case.  Sign in to your account to view your case status" but every time I checked my USCIS account, I don't see any updates in the "Case Status" or "Documents" sections. So I decided to send them a message today through https://myaccount.uscis.gov from my inbox, 15 minutes later I received an email saying Interview was scheduled. I don't know if it was the message I sent that triggered the response or if it was a total coincidence but I would say it's worth a try if you need answers.

Applied - April 15th
Interview - December 20th

Hello it's good that you're Case has progress.can you explain me where's the inbox in our account?

Timeline

Done with my Interview. The interviewer was very direct and got straight into my documents. The only documents he asked for were my driving license, green card and passport. He mentioned that we have submitted a lot of proof, "a lot".

He inquired a lot about our families and how we get along.

Then onto civics questions

1. Name of the national anthem
  2. how many senators are there
  3. Capital of United states
  4. What is the rule of land
  5. What happened at the constitutional convention
  6. What are the rights in the declaration of independence

He then asked me to read a sentence from the iPad and then write one.

Went through the yes/no questions and made sure I understand the pledge of allegiance.

Finally he said my application is approved and I would get a notice on when the oath ceremony would take place. Oath ceremony is scheduled for 3rd of December in the same office.

Guess this is the end of journey for me (almost). Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting.

3 minutes ago, ssaket said:

Done with my Interview. The interviewer was very direct and got straight into my documents. The only documents he asked for were my driving license, green card and passport. He mentioned that we have submitted a lot of proof, "a lot".

He inquired a lot about our families and how we get along.

Then onto civics questions

1. Name of the national anthem
  2. how many senators are there
  3. Capital of United states
  4. What is the rule of land
  5. What happened at the constitutional convention
  6. What are the rights in the declaration of independence

He then asked me to read a sentence from the iPad and then write one.

Went through the yes/no questions and made sure I understand the pledge of allegiance.

Finally he said my application is approved and I would get a notice on when the oath ceremony would take place. Oath ceremony is scheduled for 3rd of December in the same office.

Guess this is the end of journey for me (almost). Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting.

What time?! Manchester office! Same day as me! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah_k92 said:

What time?! Manchester office! Same day as me! 

11:00 am. Yes Manchester office. Looks like they have a group oath taking ceremony :)

28 minutes ago, ssaket said:

11:00 am. Yes Manchester office. Looks like they have a group oath taking ceremony :)

Mine is at 9.40 am. Congrats! Glad to be sharing this special day with someone on here! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.