Crtcl Rice Theory

The second impeachment of Donald Trump thread

604 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Senator Paul read this on the floor and it is spot on.  Impeachment has become a revenge tool.

He's spot on as usual, I like listening to Rand Paul, he''s one of those guys that you can listen to and learn from, and not get bored,  He was my top pick during the 2016 Primaries,  It's funny, when you look back to the debates and the words that were exchanged, most of his opponents have rallied behind him in the last 4 years, except for Jeb Bush and Kasich.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Wasn't Rand Paul already assaulted by an Antifa/BLM mob?  

It was him and his Wife, the night Trump accepted the nomination at the White House, many others who attended were assaulted and harassed as well... Rand pointed out as I did, why isn't Maxine Waters being impeached or charged with incitement for that?.. Democrats never hold themselves accountable for anything.

4 hours ago, nykolos said:

He's spot on as usual, I like listening to Rand Paul, he''s one of those guys that you can listen to and learn from, and not get bored,  He was my top pick during the 2016 Primaries,  It's funny, when you look back to the debates and the words that were exchanged, most of his opponents have rallied behind him in the last 4 years, except for Jeb Bush and Kasich.

A guy I regularly spar with on FB made me laugh when he called Kasich a Conservative. 

25 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

A guy I regularly spar with on FB made me laugh when he called Kasich a Conservative. 

There's an old axiom - all conservatives are Republican, but not all Republicans are conservative. I'm not sure if that's really true either, but it does have a ring to it.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Kasich is definitely conservative on some issues though. Abortion for one, taxation another, stances against unions a third. I mean, it's not like he's got shrines to AOC and Hugo Chavez in his rec room or anything.

13 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Kasich is definitely conservative on some issues though. Abortion for one, taxation another, stances against unions a third. I mean, it's not like he's got shrines to AOC and Hugo Chavez in his rec room or anything.

Maybe to someone like you he is a conservative but to someone on the Right or Populist Right he is far from that

6 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Maybe to someone like you he is a conservative but to someone on the Right or Populist Right he is far from that

That's misstating what I said. I said he has some conservative stances. That's not me saying he is or is not a conservative. There are plenty of Democrats, for example, who also have what are considered "conservative" stances on the same issues as Kasich.

4 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Not that far or he would have picked a different party. I mean we're not going to say he's a liberal or anything.

We really should check to see if he has an AOC shrine. But then, I'm pretty sure Ben Shapiro has a shrine to AOC's feet so 🤷‍♀️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Maybe it is the so called "Populist right" that misunderstood the term conservative.

2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

That's misstating what I said. I said he has some conservative stances. That's not me saying he is or is not a conservative. There are plenty of Democrats, for example, who also have what are considered "conservative" stances on the same issues as Kasich.

Kasich is an obvious neocon. 

Conservatives or Trump supporters are more likely to call him a fake conservative or liberal. Liberals, leftists, or neocons are more likely to call him a conservative. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

On 1/24/2021 at 5:22 PM, Burnt Reynolds said:

So, which Republicans would vote to convict? They need 17+. I think the worst case for Trump given what's out now is McConnell, Murkowski, Romney, Collins, Toomey, Sasse. That's it. 

Rather, the point of this is trying to interfere in future elections. These people are scared to death of populism and Trump due to his success. They can't legally stop him from running without this or with their buddies in law enforcement going after Trump and this is how they'd do it without their backup. 

When you've got the lost causes nailed down:

Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Mitt Romney (R-UT), Ben Sasse (R-NE), and Pat Toomey (R-PA) voted with Democrats, believing that the impeachment is constitutional.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/26/gop-stands-with-rand-paul-against-donald-trump-impeachment-trial/

15 hours ago, Dashinka said:

I don't think they can bar Trump from running for office again unless they actually convict him in the Senate.  

This was the only realistic issue all along:

Rather, the point of this is trying to interfere in future elections. These people are scared to death of populism and Trump due to his success. They can't legally stop him from running without this or with their buddies in law enforcement going after Trump and this is how they'd do it without their backup. 

So to me the only real issue here is whether they can try to bar Trump from office absent a conviction. 

I also know that if this roll of the dice fails these NeverTrumpers still have their backup they're very likely to try to lawfare him into submission as a private citizen.