esther.m3516

NOA1 still unreceived. Filed over 2 months ago.

31 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 9:15 AM, ryvfader said:

So I spoke with a representative today. As a side note, saying nothing when calling will result in a disconnected call without transfer. Stating technical problem will get you transfered. Hold time was pleasantly just a few minutes.

Representative has no record of my case and assumes it is due to it not having been entered yet. However while they don't have exact wait time information on the lockboxes currently items are being entered +/- 2 months after delivery, but they have been seeing some outliers of close to 3 months. 

Very little that can be done on the USCIS side as this is a lockbox issue. But they added a lockbox inquiry and created some sort of ticket profile saying I emailed the lockbox several weeks ago without response and called trying to find my case status. 

Ultimately the recommendation I received is to continue to give it more time, but to not begin worrying until 3 months that something has gone wrong with the case itself. 

Just received my noa1 notification through text a few hours ago!!! Hoping since we worked so hard to keep it all organized that it will be approved quickly and smoothly!!! Prayers appreciated!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
12 hours ago, esther.m3516 said:

Just received my noa1 notification through text a few hours ago!!! Hoping since we worked so hard to keep it all organized that it will be approved quickly and smoothly!!! Prayers appreciated!!!!

Congratulations! Happy to hear that and hopefully will get my soon as my I-129f received in November 6, at Texas Lockbox. 

Timeline
On 1/1/2021 at 6:15 AM, ryvfader said:

Same boat here, though mine was received on the 6th of November. Still no response of any type and card has not been charged. Lockbox support email sent two weeks ago has no response either, granted the past two weeks have had holidays. I understand there is a level of patience required regardless of not fully understanding the process and lack of transparency on USCIS's end. However two full months without even an indicator if the envelope has been opened makes me question what is going on even with their manning and COVID related setbacks. December 15th they posted a stakeholder message stating that they have had a significant increase in filings beginning in October 2020, and that receipts should be sent within 30 days of filing. With so many people who filed in October and essentially all November onward filers still without any contact of any type there seems to be either a complete disconnect within USCIS of what is going on in their lockboxes or a blatant case of "Sorry I'm late but I'm in the car, just a few minutes away" while still in the shower. 

In any case I'll begin calling them when their offices reopen Monday. 

Hey! My I-129f received in November 6, at Texas Lockbox as well. But until today haven’t heard or gotten anything NOA1  yet from them. Did you get t your NOA1 yet since they received both of your and my in same day (November 6)??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
9 hours ago, King•Adan said:

Hey! My I-129f received in November 6, at Texas Lockbox as well. But until today haven’t heard or gotten anything NOA1  yet from them. Did you get t your NOA1 yet since they received both of your and my in same day (November 6)??

Nothing yet on my end. Looks like they began working through the 3 November deliveries today. So hopefully in the coming week or two. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ryvfader said:

Nothing yet on my end. Looks like they began working through the 3 November deliveries today. So hopefully in the coming week or two. 

That’s insane. Received my noa1 about in 6 days. Pre pandemic. Worried about you guys just starting this process. Scary times 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, ryvfader said:

Thank you for clarifying. Hopefully will get ours by the end of this week, if not by next week! 

5 minutes ago, Mackenzie Owens said:

how long until interview after noa2?

Nobody can answer that question. Depends on if the consulate you’ll be interviewing at is open and processing K-1s and how bad their backlog is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I hear you.......I sent in my I129F on 01/04/21 and it was delivered on 01/08/21 and I too have not heard a thing. Granted.......it's only been one month so I was not expecting to see anything right away so if I have to wait 2-3 months, I guess that's what I'll be doing. We were already working on the CR1 visa when we decided to change to the K1 instead. Travel is about impossible these days outside the USA so the K1 route seemed like the best path for us. 

It's sad that everyone has to wait so long to be with those we love......it's been one year for me so far

Wait, wait, wait........then wait some more!!!

Good luck!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ivan&Maja said:

Hi everybody, we sent our petition on March 9th, still no NOA1. I see there are people that sent theirs past that date and received NOA1. Enyone with sam experience? What should I do, what could have happened?

I would definitely jump into the march I-129 filers post.  For january filers, we were receiving our NOA-1 texts 2 months from receipt.  It has sped up since then, but definitely give it until May.  Did you send the form for notification also?  or are you just waiting for the NOA-1 in the mail?  If you did not fill out the form, it normally takes a week after they assign a receipt number to receive the paper copy.  Definitely give it until sometime in May though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

I would definitely jump into the march I-129 filers post.  For january filers, we were receiving our NOA-1 texts 2 months from receipt.  It has sped up since then, but definitely give it until May.  Did you send the form for notification also?  or are you just waiting for the NOA-1 in the mail?  If you did not fill out the form, it normally takes a week after they assign a receipt number to receive the paper copy.  Definitely give it until sometime in May though.

We sent the form for notification. It has speed up, people who sent on March 10th got their NOA1 via txt mesaage so I'm concerned why we haven't... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ivan&Maja said:

We sent the form for notification. It has speed up, people who sent on March 10th got their NOA1 via txt mesaage so I'm concerned why we haven't... 

This is completely understandable.  I think the 6th-7th reply on this post is Greenbaum providing information to contact USCIS.  They do tend to bounce around when assigning case numbers, but you can definitely call just to see.  Just like the NOA-2s, there is no rhyme or reason for assigning case numbers.  The important thing is they do backdate to the date they received your petition.  So if it takes 1.5 months for them to send you the notification from the day your petition was delivered, then you are already 1.5 months into the NOA-2 waiting process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.