AlohaHI

Did the Immigration Ban Get Extended by Trump?

206 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

I've only read of this one for some work visas being extended so far.

@SusieQQQ shared a different article that essentially says April 22 proclamation was extended again:

4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

"that block many “green card” applicants and temporary foreign workers from entering the country"

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, HRQX said:

@SusieQQQ shared a different article that essentially says April 22 proclamation was extended again:

"that block many “green card” applicants and temporary foreign workers from entering the country"

Well that sucks. But I was expecting it. I'm thankful it's only another 3 months and not another 6 or longer. Hopefully Biden will cancel it or at least stop extending it after March 🤞🤞🤞

11 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Well that sucks. But I was expecting it. I'm thankful it's only another 3 months and not another 6 or longer. Hopefully Biden will cancel it or at least stop extending it after March 🤞🤞🤞

Diversity visa holders who got visas under the lawsuit have them expiring in March, so there will certainly be pressure from at least one area under PP10014 to end it well before March. At least the rest of you family based visas would just have to wait a while longer - these DV visa holders will lose their chance entirely if the ban is not rescinded before their visas expire.

1 minute ago, Van24 said:

Where did you get that it will expire on March 31? 
It the official announcement it says: "This memorandum shall continue in force until terminated by the President."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-extension-memorandum-visa-sanctions/

Please make sure you read the correct item. That is an unrelated memo.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Diversity visa holders who got visas under the lawsuit have them expiring in March, so there will certainly be pressure from at least one area under PP10014 to end it well before March. At least the rest of you family based visas would just have to wait a while longer - these DV visa holders will lose their chance entirely if the ban is not rescinded before their visas expire.

I absolutely don't want anyone to lose their chance of getting their visa. That would be horrible. We started our visa process 14+ years ago. Got to 5 days before our interview and everything was canceled and stopped. So what's another 3 months at this point for us 🤦🏼‍♀️.

I hope for them this gets lifted before their visa expires. 

Edited by MovingToFlorida

4 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

I absolutely don't want anyone to lose their chance of getting their visa. That would be horrible. We started our visa process 14+ years ago. Got to 5 days before our interview and everything was canceled and stopped. So what's another 3 months at this point for us 🤦🏼‍♀️.

I hope for them this gets lifted before their visa expires. 

Oh, that’s so frustrating...sorry. And I totally get the waiting, because my original F3 petition from late 2008 would still be waiting to become current if I were relying on that ... 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Oh, that’s so frustrating...sorry. And I totally get the waiting, because my original F3 petition from late 2008 would still be waiting to become current if I were relying on that ... 

Yes we applied in 2006 and here we still are 😩😭. Sooo close then nothing again. Did you change visa types?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

A whole day to find out. Based on US east coast time remember.

23 hours ago, AlohaHI said:

Soo is the proclamation finish...?!!!

did it get extended or no...?!

Trump just extended it up to March 31st 2021. 

14 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Yes we applied in 2006 and here we still are 😩😭. Sooo close then nothing again. Did you change visa types?

Got selected for a diversity visa in the interim.

8 minutes ago, Daddoi said:

Trump just extended it up to March 31st 2021. 

Yes we know, as you would have seen if you’d continued reading ;) but thanks!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Oops! So sorry I missed it. 😬

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Oooh ok well I definitely hope this gets lifted in time for you!

Timeline
5 hours ago, MovingToFlorida said:

Did you have an interview already booked and canceled too after the pandemic? We are waiting for Montreal too. 

No not yet! Our PD is about two weeks away from becoming current as per the visa bulletin board. So we can only get an interview scheduled once it's current.  

Great to see another Canadian here. Be sure to update, I'll give you a follow. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.