AlohaHI

Did the Immigration Ban Get Extended by Trump?

206 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

You said Obama made no real changes. I pointed out he did. Sorry your mom might have to wait two more months while people are dying. 

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

You said Obama made no real changes. I pointed out he did. Sorry your mom might have to wait two more months while people are dying. 

Yes, unfortunately Obama did not made real changes.  The questions is not about the COVID.  The Executive Order that ban legal immigration is arbitrary. And again I'm disappointed at President Biden because he did not lifted the ban.  All concerns about DACA and COVID didn't change my opinion. 

Edited by kmas

4 minutes ago, Nina Sourez said:

The topic is the extension of the immigration ban. I was under the impression that the majority of people here were referring to Proclamations 10014 and 10052. Not sure if DACA has anything to do with these proclamations.

Yes. I'm following this blog because Proclamation 10014 in specific. I want to learn if there's a chance of that ban to be lifted. 

1 hour ago, sol_sol said:

@SusieQQQ

I think you are not understanding the main point. People who are concerned about Proclamation due to Covid really think that the ban was not necessary especially when the basis was Impact on labour market by Legal immigrants. Had it been due to Covid, they would have made negative Covid testing a requirement at the port of entry. It was a balatant attack on Legal immigration by Orange clown as he always stated that only immediate family should be allowed to come to USA from day 1 of his office. How come most elderly parents can compete with American jobs when you are allowing much younger SPOUSES to come in?

Yes. My mother has more chances to die because of COVID waiting wherever she's waiting. You got my point.

1 hour ago, sol_sol said:

@SusieQQQ

I think you are not understanding the main point. People who are concerned about Proclamation due to Covid really think that the ban was not necessary especially when the basis was Impact on labour market by Legal immigrants. Had it been due to Covid, they would have made negative Covid testing a requirement at the port of entry. It was a balatant attack on Legal immigration by Orange clown as he always stated that only immediate family should be allowed to come to USA from day 1 of his office. How come most elderly parents can compete with American jobs when you are allowing much younger SPOUSES to come in?

I never said the ban made sense. You’re the one who keeps posting saying Biden is not going to do anything about it. I have said all along I think he will overturn it.  I just think that to expect Biden to do everything in 2 days when there are other priorities is really not thinking things through. He’s removed a discriminatory ban that was there for 3 years longer than this and was indefinite. I think he’s going to get around to this one pretty soon unlike you, but hey yes I never stop being surprised at the inability of people to look beyond their own situation at a bigger picture.  Posters here actually posting all they care about is their own situation and never mind anything else, they don’t care that the President might be more concerned about current citizens dying. Sheesh. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We are just trying to stick to the topic, that's all. If someone is disappointed, then, it is their choice and freedom to be or do so. No need to be rude about it. We are all concerned about our own common well being. We waited and waited and we will wait again. 

57 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I never said the ban made sense. You’re the one who keeps posting saying Biden is not going to do anything about it. I have said all along I think he will overturn it.  I just think that to expect Biden to do everything in 2 days when there are other priorities is really not thinking things through. He’s removed a discriminatory ban that was there for 3 years longer than this and was indefinite. I think he’s going to get around to this one pretty soon unlike you, but hey yes I never stop being surprised at the inability of people to look beyond their own situation at a bigger picture.  Posters here actually posting all they care about is their own situation and never mind anything else, they don’t care that the President might be more concerned about current citizens dying. Sheesh. 

Fine. Just wanted to know if Biden will lift the ban. Keep talking, I’m done with this conversation. Your arguments doesn’t make any sense. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/23/2021 at 7:09 AM, SusieQQQ said:

That's obvious we the posters are here for our own particular situation and that is the base for this platform on the first place. Secondly if for a sec go with your argument that million of people are dying of covid and that step was needed to contain the spread then why this special treatment is for only immediate relatives of LPR and to any other legal Visa category why didn't they put a ban to immediate relatives of us citizens or put a ban to every other Visa category i.e K1 Visa instead of nitpicking few. That to me is just wrong.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Capital Z said:

That's obvious we the posters are here for our own particular situation and that is the base for this platform on the first place. Secondly if for a sec go with your argument that million of people are dying of covid and that step was needed to contain the spread then why this special treatment is for only immediate relatives of LPR and to any other legal Visa category why didn't they put a ban to immediate relatives of us citizens or put a ban to every other Visa category i.e K1 Visa instead of nitpicking few. That to me is just wrong.

Hey the ban is for all visa categories, even for relatives of US citizens. Only K1 is exempted from the ban.

8 minutes ago, Ysl182 said:

Hey the ban is for all visa categories, even for relatives of US citizens. Only K1 is exempted from the ban.

The reason K-1 isn't affected is because it's technically a nonimmigrant visa.

What Capital Z meant is that IR-1/CR-1, IR-2/CR-2, IR-3, IR-4, IH-3, IH-4, EB-5, etc. are specifically exempt: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/04/27/2020-09068/suspension-of-entry-of-immigrants-who-present-a-risk-to-the-united-states-labor-market-during-the

7 minutes ago, Ysl182 said:

I never understood what these categories...🤔

IR-1: spouse of US citizen

CR-1: spouse of US citizen (conditional status)

IR-2: child (under 21 when I-130 was filed) of US citizen

CR-2: child (under 21 when I-130 was filed) of US citizen (conditional status)

IR-3: Orphan Adopted Abroad by U.S. Citizen

IH-3: Child from Hague Convention Country Adopted Abroad by U.S. Citizen

IR-4: Orphan to be Adopted in U.S. by U.S. Citizen

IH-4: Child from Hague Convention Country to be Adopted in U.S. by U.S. Citizen

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program: https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/eb-5-immigrant-investor-program

1 hour ago, Capital Z said:

You missed my point entirely, I never said the ban was due to Covid, I said the president has other priorities to deal with first (including Covid and other immigration issues) before getting round to the ban. I realize you are hede for your own particular situation but failure to see the big picture just means you don’t understand where your “particular situation “ fits in. And then you get disappointed that it’s  not the first thing the new president does.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

You missed my point entirely, I never said the ban was due to Covid, I said the president has other priorities to deal with first (including Covid and other immigration issues) before getting round to the ban. I realize you are hede for your own particular situation but failure to see the big picture just means you don’t understand where your “particular situation “ fits in. And then you get disappointed that it’s  not the first thing the new president does.

That executive order by Trumph was enforced mainly due to covid and to save american job market and also to minimize legal immigration numbers. People are dying because of his failed policy to contain the spread. And yes I had hoped Biden will take up that issue on priority basis.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

First “concrete” (kind of) news on this I’ve seen. This presumably refers to pp10014 (as well as the H1B one)?

Olavarria said on Saturday that Biden would rescind several Trump proclamations. She appeared to reference one that barred certain visa applicants who could not prove they had health coverage and two others that banned the issuance of many work and immigrant visas, which Trump said would protect American jobs during the coronavirus pandemic.

But it also says 

The orders had been planned for Friday, according to the memo and people familiar with discussions. But the White House has now pushed back the time line and it remains unclear when it will take place.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-immigration-orders-factbox-idUSKBN29W2FD

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.