AlohaHI

Did the Immigration Ban Get Extended by Trump?

206 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Here is the Feb. 2nd White House press briefing transcript. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/02/02/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-february-2-2021/

Discussions specific to K1 and E2 visa programs, see below:

image.png.9a2b2d8cd33a89926d31878c19fac456.png

Edited by lamsywei

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, lamsywei said:

Here is the Feb. 2nd White House press briefing transcript. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/02/02/press-briefing-by-press-secretary-jen-psaki-february-2-2021/

Discussions specific to K1 and E2 visa programs, see below:

image.png.9a2b2d8cd33a89926d31878c19fac456.png

What about ir-5?

Edited by AlohaHI

1 hour ago, AlohaHI said:

What about ir-5?

No. It's a follow-up to Biden's press secretary being asked about exemptions for fiancees and students in regards to UK, Ireland, Schengen Area, South Africa, mainland China, Iran, and Brazil bans. https://twitter.com/shakeitorand/status/1354945572600352783?s=20

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, HRQX said:

No. It's a follow-up to Biden's press secretary being asked about exemptions for fiancees and students in regards to UK, Ireland, Schengen Area, South Africa, mainland China, Iran, and Brazil bans. https://twitter.com/shakeitorand/status/1354945572600352783?s=20

Does it look like President Biden will rescind the ban?

I think at think at this point it's fair to assume he won't rescind it but he won't extend it either. We all just gotta wait.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:29 AM, ordjnb said:

I think at think at this point it's fair to assume he won't rescind it but he won't extend it either. We all just gotta wait.

This is what I’m hoping for,  it’s about 1.5 months until the ban expires, most of us were waiting much longer than that. And hopefully this pandemic will start getting under control with more people getting vaccinated so we won’t endanger our parents by bringing them here in the midst of it.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:22 PM, Ysl182 said:

Does it look like President Biden will rescind the ban?

As of now, no new info regarding the ban on entry.

Do note that some have reported getting interviews but still not being able to enter the US until after March 31 (or maybe earlier if Biden ends it):

On 2/3/2021 at 3:08 PM, kmas said:

Yes, I'm disappointed at President Biden. It is clear that removing Trump's unconstitutional bans on legal immigration is not a priority. 

Did you really expect him to "fix" everything in the first couple of weeks in office?  And look at the huge mess he inherited....rampant pandemic.  Oh, and there was an insurrection.  The White House has a lot on its plate, give him a chance.

9 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Did you really expect him to "fix" everything in the first couple of weeks in office?  And look at the huge mess he inherited....rampant pandemic.  Oh, and there was an insurrection.  The White House has a lot on its plate, give him a chance.

Chance for what? At this point, I’m waiting the ban expires and he doesn’t extend it. 

Edited by kmas

Just now, kmas said:

Chance for what? At this point, I’m waiting the van expires and he doesn’t extend it. 

Chance to get to everything that is on his plate.  I mean, he's been president for like 3 weeks.....

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Chance to get to everything that is on his plate.  I mean, he's been president for like 3 weeks.....

We’re not talking about immigration in general. I’m only interested in the ban to be removed. I don’t see it happening in the next 45 days. 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In my personal opinion, I think if President Biden decides to rescinds the green card ban after March 15th or 28th even of February, it wouldn’t really matter much. What’s the point of rescinding an executive order if there’s only a month or fifteen days left left to it. 

Any thoughts 💭?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.