Tacos

Backlog in Bogota Embassy

510 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, Seemoreglass83 said:

No one knows for sure. They just sent december 2020 so that's about 7 months before you. So maybe your case will be sent in 7 months. However, if they continue to ask for 3 months worth of cases at a time like they did this month, it could be in 3 months. No way to know for sure right now. 

Thanks Seemoreglass83, where can I find this information to monitor for myself so I don't have to ask these questions on the forums? Thanks again.

24 minutes ago, amarilloslick said:

Hi Guys, our petition was sent to the NVC at the end of July 2021. What is a ballpark estimate of when the file will be sent to the Bogota Embassy? Thanks in advance.

•  

At least a year or more. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, amarilloslick said:

Thanks Seemoreglass83, where can I find this information to monitor for myself so I don't have to ask these questions on the forums? Thanks again.

Someone posted the links on the previous page.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife's case was DQ'd the 9th of Feb. 2021 and her interview in Bogota is on the 31st.

She is going to Bogota for her physical on the the 23rd of August and she was just informed today that she needs to stay in Bogota at least two day. Because the day after the physical she has to go to a separate lab to do the piss test. So I had to change her flight and pay for a hotel. 

There is a list of documents to bring to the doctors office.....one being the "visa interview letter" which I imagine is the email they sent us stating the time and date of the embassy appointment. ....and the other thing is  a DS 260 confirmation page which I think this the paper you print out after you complete the DS 260 that has a couple of bar codes and your case in invoice numbers. 

If anyone has gone through this process recently....tips would be appreciated to make things as soon as possible. 

Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, majm said:

Visa finally issued today! After 6 weeks in AP and constant delays, almost 2 years from start to finish. Good luck everyone!

Hi! I will like to know how long took for your case to update the status to "issue" after your case changed from "Refused" to "administrative process"? Thank you

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Natalia Malone said:

Hi! I will like to know how long took for your case to update the status to "issue" after your case changed from "Refused" to "administrative process"? Thank you

Hello! We went from refused to administrative processing on Monday morning, then to issued on Tuesday afternoon. It may have had “ready” in between there but we didn’t see it (we have been checking CEAC twice a day since it never notifies us of any status change). We got the email to schedule passport pickup this morning (Thursday) and the next available appointments are next week at ASC. I noticed others using DHL got theirs faster (in different cities) but my wife lives in Bogota. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, majm said:

Hello! We went from refused to administrative processing on Monday morning, then to issued on Tuesday afternoon. It may have had “ready” in between there but we didn’t see it (we have been checking CEAC twice a day since it never notifies us of any status change). We got the email to schedule passport pickup this morning (Thursday) and the next available appointments are next week at ASC. I noticed others using DHL got theirs faster (in different cities) but my wife lives in Bogota. 

Congrats! My cased was updated to administrative processing on Tuesday so we are hoping to get news soon! We have been waiting for so long! :') I am in Bogota as well but I choose a DHL location to receive my passport because ASC is always super busy now. Thank you for your answer! 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Natalia Malone said:

Congrats! My cased was updated to administrative processing on Tuesday so we are hoping to get news soon! We have been waiting for so long! :') I am in Bogota as well but I choose a DHL location to receive my passport because ASC is always super busy now. Thank you for your answer! 

I’m sure you’ll get the good news soon! :) Cheers,

Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 2:03 PM, Boston_Gary said:

Once you receive your NOA2, it may be a year or more. The embassy must request cases from NVC and the embassy refuses to process cases at a reasonable level. NVC has no control of the process. 

My fiancé's NOA2 was May, 2020. Case created June, 2020, was sent from the NVC to the embassy this June. We could've interviewed earlier in July, even in late June, but we decided to wait until I was off from work. 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, amarilloslick said:

Hi Guys, our petition was sent to the NVC at the end of July 2021. What is a ballpark estimate of when the file will be sent to the Bogota Embassy? Thanks in advance.

•  

From my case, and others, it seems it's about a year, + or - a few months, from the NOA2. 

On 8/19/2021 at 5:26 PM, WEDO said:

My wife's case was DQ'd the 9th of Feb. 2021 and her interview in Bogota is on the 31st.

She is going to Bogota for her physical on the the 23rd of August and she was just informed today that she needs to stay in Bogota at least two day. Because the day after the physical she has to go to a separate lab to do the piss test. So I had to change her flight and pay for a hotel. 

There is a list of documents to bring to the doctors office.....one being the "visa interview letter" which I imagine is the email they sent us stating the time and date of the embassy appointment. ....and the other thing is  a DS 260 confirmation page which I think this the paper you print out after you complete the DS 260 that has a couple of bar codes and your case in invoice numbers. 

If anyone has gone through this process recently....tips would be appreciated to make things as soon as possible. 

My fiancé had her interview in July on a Monday, we didn't bring the correct version of her divorce papers so they couldn't make a decision until they had that and the medical exams. Two days later we were home and sent in the proper paperwork. That Saturday she received an email saying that the package was being sent to the DHL shipping center in Medellin. We picked up the package the next Thursday. All in all, it was a week and a half for us. If you have specific questions, send me a PM or reply here. I'm not on here much anymore, as we're focused on getting moved to the US. 

On 8/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, Natalia Malone said:

It was about a week and a half from the interview, until my fiancé and I picked up the package, with the passport and visa from the DHL office in Medellin. 

Timeline

Is the National Visa Center still creating the cases that are destined for Bogota in a timely manner (a month or so) or have they put everything on hold for the Colombian cases? I was just wondering if I was going to get a case number from the NVC anytime soon. Thanks

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, amarilloslick said:

Is the National Visa Center still creating the cases that are destined for Bogota in a timely manner (a month or so) or have they put everything on hold for the Colombian cases? I was just wondering if I was going to get a case number from the NVC anytime soon. Thanks

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Timeline
On 8/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, Seemoreglass83 said:

No one knows for sure. They just sent december 2020 so that's about 7 months before you. So maybe your case will be sent in 7 months. However, if they continue to ask for 3 months worth of cases at a time like they did this month, it could be in 3 months. No way to know for sure right now. 

This is great news, do you mind sharing where you get the information that they are processing 3 months of applications? And are these all types of visas? It sounds like K1s may not be a priority.

Timeline

Anyone still in Refused from June interviews? My husband had his interview June 25th and had to do the labs the week of July 12 due to the lab issue. It seems like a lot of people are going into AP to or already issued from that same timeframe or later interviews. It is starting to concern me that our case hasn’t had any updates. Shows case was last touched July 29th. 

Timeline

My wife arrived for her medical exam in Bogota at noon yesterday ....her appoint was at 1PM.....they only let patients in 30 minutes before the appointment time so she had to wait in the street for about 30 minutes. So don't come early.  Especially since she didn't get out of the doctor's office until after 5pm. 

She had to go for her urine test as 7am this morning and she is still waiting for then to take it at almost 9 am. I'm waiting for her to finish before a buy a ticket for her to fly back to Medellin. 

The doctor's office says her exam results will be available for her to pick up at 5pm this Friday and her biometrics  will be on the following Monday with her interview on Tuesday. I'm Thinking about having her just stay in Bogota over the weekend instead of flying back and forth again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.