2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys,

I recently was following up on the status of my applications throught congressman office and now I received a mail from NBC that my address didnt match during that follow up.

My I485 is at NBC, MY I360 is at VSC. I update my address always with Vermont and I write a letter asking to update address on both 485 & 360.
So, the question is - does AR-11 submitted to Vermont update the address only on I360 or also on all pending forms with USCIS ? Do I need to be submitting address change separately to each service center that has my pending forms separately ?

Filed: Other Timeline
On 1/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, Keepinghope said:

Hello House 

please I need an answer and if anyone can help it will be appreciated. 
 So I’m trying to go back to school for my Licensing Practical Nursing and I just spoke to a school and I was told because I don’t have a green card or US citizen I can’t enroll for nursing and since I also came in with a visitors visa ( even though I have a valid EAD ) I don’t qualify for nursing program. Is this true?

ps: I’m in New Jersey 

Yes, they need that to get you to the clinical phase. 🙄 start your pre-requisition courses in mean time 

10 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi guys,

I recently was following up on the status of my applications throught congressman office and now I received a mail from NBC that my address didnt match during that follow up.

My I485 is at NBC, MY I360 is at VSC. I update my address always with Vermont and I write a letter asking to update address on both 485 & 360.
So, the question is - does AR-11 submitted to Vermont update the address only on I360 or also on all pending forms with USCIS ? Do I need to be submitting address change separately to each service center that has my pending forms separately ?

Same happened to me.. my address was only updated for my i-360 case but not on the I-485 so I believe it's best to do both.. Apparently Vermont doesn't always update the local office.. sometimes they do sometimes they don't so I guess you should do both.. that's what I did!💁

7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Same happened to me.. my address was only updated for my i-360 case but not on the I-485 so I believe it's best to do both.. Apparently Vermont doesn't always update the local office.. sometimes they do sometimes they don't so I guess you should do both.. that's what I did!💁

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊 🤗 

how are you doing lovely? 

So my 360 got approved a few weeks ago. 
PS: got the approval notice within 3-6weeks, not sure as it was sent to my lawyer and his office is working on low capacity due to pandemic. I got the e-mail copy from the paralegal January 2, she was on vacation for 2 weeks before that. 
the date on the notice was 12/18/20

Shall I then send a AR-11 with a copy of 485 receipt and 360 approval notice copy to NBC

been trying to contact my new town’s congressman for a while, no luck. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

I see a few people on Facebook interview is canceled on the 19th and 20th also, they saying its because of the inauguration, hopefully they reschedule it soon or approved without interview.

Wow, true all Federal Offices are closed 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

21 hours ago, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family, i want to apologizes for my stupid question but can someone tell what kind a questions do IO ask when you attend your AOS interview based on approved VAWA, just want to be able to prepare myself, and my second question will be; is the AOS Interview different when is based on a I-485 and when is based under approved VAWA. The second question is for a friend of mine she doesn't know what to do and wants to know whats the difference she is being mentally abused.

Thank you.

Honestly I've been holding off commenting on this because I feel like it would be for the one millionth time! As long as you're in good standing you have nothing to worry about especially as you have an approved vawa but if there's a specific concern that you believe will make the outcome of your interview unfavorable, feel free to share with us so we can proffer suggestions/solutions! For your second question, marriage based interview is adjudicated differently from the VAWA based interview.. the former is clearly based on marriage while the latter is based on an approved i-360 (Abuse victim).. for the marriage based interview, the officer is basically trying to make sure there is no marriage fraud for immigration benefits while the i360 interview focuses more on admissibility issues this is so since you already have an approved i-360!😊👍

11 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Hey @Stillwinning!!!😊 🤗 

how are you doing lovely? 

So my 360 got approved a few weeks ago. 
PS: got the approval notice within 3-6weeks, not sure as it was sent to my lawyer and his office is working on low capacity due to pandemic. I got the e-mail copy from the paralegal January 2, she was on vacation for 2 weeks before that. 
the date on the notice was 12/18/20

Shall I then send a AR-11 with a copy of 485 receipt and 360 approval notice copy to NBC

been trying to contact my new town’s congressman for a while, no luck. 

Hey darling I'm fine so happy for you!😀😘 it's moving along! For your question I think it will be best to do both Vermont and NBC considering how messy they can be! You don't want to take chances now.. I did that and it worked for me!👍

43 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey darling I'm fine so happy for you!😀😘 it's moving along! For your question I think it will be best to do both Vermont and NBC considering how messy they can be! You don't want to take chances now.. I did that and it worked for me!👍

Great. I will do that now. 
I had sent AR-11 to Vermont previously and they had updated the system with “we received your correspondence”. 
I will send one to NBC now... sounds good? 

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Honestly I've been holding off commenting on this because I feel like it would be for the one millionth time! As long as you're in good standing you have nothing to worry about especially as you have an approved vawa but if there's a specific concern that you believe will make the outcome of your interview unfavorable, feel free to share with us so we can proffer suggestions/solutions! For your second question, marriage based interview is adjudicated differently from the VAWA based interview.. the former is clearly based on marriage while the latter is based on an approved i-360 (Abuse victim).. for the marriage based interview, the officer is basically trying to make sure there is no marriage fraud for immigration benefits while the i360 interview focuses more on admissibility issues this is so since you already have an approved i-360!😊👍

Thank you for your info. And no I was just wondering what is the difference and how to prepare that’s all

26 minutes ago, sandranj said:

The officer  will ask the questions that you  answered YES or NO(form I-485). Yes the interview is different when  based on marriage.

Mental abuse is a pattern  involving humiliation,isolation, degradation, threats etc..

Thank you @sandranj and my friend she is being humiliated and defeated and she doesn’t know what to do that’s all she is wondering if she should file for VAWA or try and stay with the marriage petition. 

Please when will it be okay request an info pass at my local office to check on the status of my rfe after my 485 interview.

Interview was December 16

Rfe December 17

Response to rfe received December 28.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.