2,962 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

It’s a community college. I have PFs. I might as well just wait till the card in hand and try again. 

Well that’s a tough community college because with PFs you qualify for FAFSA and so can enroll in school as long as they accept FAFSA. Waiting is another option also. All the best ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Received Interview for I-824 for Feb.  So excited!!!!!

Hoorah!  I post a couple of lawyer jokes, and see what happens? :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, ValeryK said:

When I try to expedite by calling in, they say that vawa program is confidential and I need to do everything by mail. 

Oh no. I successfully expedited. Can you try to expedite I-131 if you applied for that. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

The advance parole can only be expedited if it's an emergency I believe💁

Well expedite initially is when you have an emergency that’s why they required evidence for the request. I made an expedite myself and it was successful I already received my combo card. 

2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Timeline for I-824

12/2019 - Filed I-824

03/10/2020 - I-824 approved

4/10/2020 - IV Invoice - E-mail

4/11/2020 - NVC Welcome Letter - E-mail

4/15/2020 - Agent selected and fees paid

5/10.2020 - Delay as passports for kids expired - Passports renewed

6/10/2020 - DS-260 Submitted/NVC package mailed - Express Mail

6/20/2020 - DQ'd - placed in line for interview to be scheduled

8/12/2020 - Emailed Embassy and was informed that due to COVID-19 all cancelled appts are being rescheduled in tiers and we are considered third tier so not to expect an interview                          before December. 

1/13/2021 - Interview Letter - Email for Feb

1/20/2021 - Medical Scheduled

What's the story here? Seeking VAWA from abroad or designating a child as a follow to join?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline

I am worried and need some suggestion. 

I have applied in 2019 Feb. I had received RFE in 2018 Nov. Have not heard anything back from them. Tried senator and congressmen. Everytime I get same response that my case is stuck in security checks. What can I do ? my Lawyer is saying there is nothing I can do about it then just wait. I am just lost. 

18 minutes ago, Behuman said:

I am worried and need some suggestion. 

I have applied in 2019 Feb. I had received RFE in 2018 Nov. Have not heard anything back from them. Tried senator and congressmen. Everytime I get same response that my case is stuck in security checks. What can I do ? my Lawyer is saying there is nothing I can do about it then just wait. I am just lost. 

Your attorney is correct! When it comes to Security checks, you just have to wait for them to be done! There's no fast tracking.. nothing like that! You just have to be patient.. I know it's hard but hold on.👍

5 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Timeline for I-824

12/2019 - Filed I-824

03/10/2020 - I-824 approved

4/10/2020 - IV Invoice - E-mail

4/11/2020 - NVC Welcome Letter - E-mail

4/15/2020 - Agent selected and fees paid

5/10.2020 - Delay as passports for kids expired - Passports renewed

6/10/2020 - DS-260 Submitted/NVC package mailed - Express Mail

6/20/2020 - DQ'd - placed in line for interview to be scheduled

8/12/2020 - Emailed Embassy and was informed that due to COVID-19 all cancelled appts are being rescheduled in tiers and we are considered third tier so not to expect an interview                          before December. 

1/13/2021 - Interview Letter - Email for Feb

1/20/2021 - Medical Scheduled

Congrats!

5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Now these are the kind of news that I live for! Congratulations dear more wins for you!😀🎊🎉🎊🎉🎶🎵🎸🎷🎹🎺🎻🍹

Woohoo! 🍾🎈🎊 

2 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hello friends,

I am preparing for my medical exam and my interview for I-485 application has finally been scheduled. 

so, hang in there. I’ve been waiting since August 2020. 

For anyone who has already gone through the I-485 interview process, how was it? What was your experience like? How did you prepare? How long did it take? What types of questions were you asked during the interview? 

I have prepared my list of documents but I am not sure regarding the types of questions to expect  during my interview. 

Many thanks for your support. It’s been a long journey and please trust that your time will come. 

Wow finally! I'm so happy for you congratulations dear I'm sure you'll do well! I don't have much of a story because I was just in and out within minutes.. no drama.. nothing! It's not the same for everyone I pray yours goes smoothly. Take all important documents with you.. go with confidence and politeness you'll win! 🏆🎊🎉🎊😀👍

18 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hello friends,

I am preparing for my medical exam and my interview for I-485 application has finally been scheduled. 

so, hang in there. I’ve been waiting since August 2020. 

For anyone who has already gone through the I-485 interview process, how was it? What was your experience like? How did you prepare? How long did it take? What types of questions were you asked during the interview? 

I have prepared my list of documents but I am not sure regarding the types of questions to expect  during my interview. 

Many thanks for your support. It’s been a long journey and please trust that your time will come. 

Sorry I meant - I’ve been waiting since August 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.