2,962 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sharshar42 said:

I know your frustration but don't worry it will soon end, as far I see you at the finish line you will have your GC in hand sooner than you think the hardest part is over, remember @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊and the rest of the family always say immigration is messy he must have lost your stuff. Dont even worry about the combo card no need for it. Sometimes we get a little set back but God is always on time 🙏 

Thank you so much for those words and bringing up some energy levels up😁😁😁 like in a video game.

Have a blessed day🙏🙏🙏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, aquila said:

Yes dear, actually I had it December 16th submitted everything as requested by the IO, only to get an rfe again the next day asking for the same stuff I gave him. The rfe asked for employment letter with 2 recent paystubs and a copy of my divorce. I gave the divorce copy to him but still asked for it again and the only new thing was the letter and paystubs. I responded immediately and it's been about 2 weeks now without any update yet.

I'm just fed up with this whole rollercoaster ride with uscis and I feel so frustrated. My renewal for my combo card is still pending since August and only have my 180 day notices like I mentioned earlier.

Wow so during the actual interview he didn't mention anything about the paystubs? Like you could've brought them and IO just forgot to ask for it? Gosh.

It does sound though like you should hear back within the next couple of weeks, after waiting for years this should feel like an instant now.

And thanks for sharing, I got my paystubs for the interview later this month but didn't even think they would require a letter from employer as well.

Good luck with your case, keep us updated. You have nothing to stress about.

Edited by Engineering-rocks

34 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Wow so during the actual interview he didn't mention anything about the paystubs? Like you could've brought them and IO just forgot to ask for it? Gosh.

It does sound though like you should hear back within the next couple of weeks, after waiting for years this should feel like an instant now.

And thanks for sharing, I got my paystubs for the interview later this month but didn't even think they would require a letter from employer as well.

Good luck with your case, keep us updated. You have nothing to stress about.

Yep you're right with the IO and I hope and pray nothing comes up again.

Next month will be exactly 4 years since I submitted my application, still pressing on with God's help🙏🙏🙏

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, ValeryK said:

You need to mail to VSC a change of address form AR-11.

I remember you expedited your EAD. Did you do it over the phone? 

Yes I did and I got it already. Thank you :). Now on the form I don’t see i-36 0 category what should I do ? 

3 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

We have the same date! From what I can remember it was mentioned here that they are no longer suppose to ask about the abuse because it has already been adjudicated.  If I remember correctly you can say politely that the abuse has already been adjudicated and that you don't want to talk about it as you want to move on. I hope some members on here will confirm this as well to be true.

People who have gone through the interview posted here that generally they were asked on information that they filled out on the I-485 etc.

Good luck to us!

Thank you for your reply, hope it will go well for us

3 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Yes I did and I got it already. Thank you :). Now on the form I don’t see i-36 0 category what should I do ? 

When I try to expedite by calling in, they say that vawa program is confidential and I need to do everything by mail. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, incrediblejay said:

Hi guys I'm not a frequent person here on this site I just browse through occasionally. But I had to leave my info here so persons will feel encouraged and know that their time of approval is coming. Just stay strong and don't just depend on your lawyers to push your case for you because you are just another case that they have even though they maybe trying their best to assist you. Reach out to your representatives because they'll assist you. Just google your nearest representatives their information will come up! Wishing everyone a speedy approval. 

Field Office - Federal Plaza NY NY

No Interview 

Feb 2018 - submitted i-360, i-485, i-765

Sept 2019 - i-360 approved. 

July 2020 -  Reached out to a NY Senator to assist me got back an email couple days after from her office saying there is an officer reviewing my file and they will make a decision in my case within 90 days which they didn't. 

Dec 3, 2020 - RFE for i-693 medical, which I didn't get in the mail but by email from USCIS for me to submit it before March 2 2021 after I reached out to every congressman/senator in NY for assistance which they replied. 

Dec 9, 2020 - i-693 medical submitted.

Dec 30, 2020 - Update on my online status i-485 card went into production. First update on case since submitted!

Dec 31, 2020 - I-485 approved

Jan 5, 2021 - Card mailed

Jan 7, 2021 - Card in Hand 

Congratulations Dear!!!!

You have waited so long, but your waiting time paid off!!! wow, no interview, I wish we all could have that for our cases!

gives me hope for a Miracle, since I am also in NYC! 

Hello House 

please I need an answer and if anyone can help it will be appreciated. 
 So I’m trying to go back to school for my Licensing Practical Nursing and I just spoke to a school and I was told because I don’t have a green card or US citizen I can’t enroll for nursing and since I also came in with a visitors visa ( even though I have a valid EAD ) I don’t qualify for nursing program. Is this true?

ps: I’m in New Jersey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 2:42 PM, sandranj said:

1-She is wrong.

2-She is wrong.

3-She is wrong.

4-She is right

5- She is wrong. USCIS is not obligated to send RFE, there is a USCIS memorandum about this.

Once the AOS is denied  the advance parole is null and void (automatically), but DHS can just  start removal proceedings  after 33 days of the denial. Are you sure she is an attorney?.

Thank you Sandra! I think i wrote few things not in a proper way! Thank you again for the feedbacks. 

5 hours ago, Kely said:

Hello family! I received a request for medicals a month ago and sent them out on january 6th. Today i just saw this update. Looks like somebody is getting approved without interview. Correct me if I'm wrong lol i thought it was going to say to say that it was approved instead of card being produced. But yea, thats the i485. I am so grateful 🙏🏾

20210113_111731.jpg

You made it ! Congratulations!!!

54 minutes ago, Keepinghope said:

Hello House 

please I need an answer and if anyone can help it will be appreciated. 
 So I’m trying to go back to school for my Licensing Practical Nursing and I just spoke to a school and I was told because I don’t have a green card or US citizen I can’t enroll for nursing and since I also came in with a visitors visa ( even though I have a valid EAD ) I don’t qualify for nursing program. Is this true?

ps: I’m in New Jersey 

It might be the school is an institute and not a college or a university, those institute gives private loans, to their student and they need GC or USA citizenship, they don;t really work with Federal aid like Fafsa. Double check. 

23 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

It might be the school is an institute and not a college or a university, those institute gives private loans, to their student and they need GC or USA citizenship, they don;t really work with Federal aid like Fafsa. Double check. 

You re correct thank you for this! I checked again Nd it’s an institute. So does it mean with my EAD I can only apply to a community college or university? What if I am paying out of pocket which is cheaper to apply to? 

ps: I never got a primafacie that’s why I want to pay out of pocket as I don’t think I’ll qualify for Fafsa 

2 minutes ago, Keepinghope said:

You re correct thank you for this! I checked again Nd it’s an institute. So does it mean with my EAD I can only apply to a community college or university? What if I am paying out of pocket which is cheaper to apply to? 

ps: I never got a primafacie that’s why I want to pay out of pocket as I don’t think I’ll qualify for Fafsa 

You may need to verify directly with the college they do work with Non-U.S. Citizens, and qualified aliens (battered immigrant VAWA) which we fall on the category  but you need your Prima Facie. You can write to Vermont Service Center and request your prima facie, my friend did it and they sent it to her, even thought they did not at the beginning. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.