Nanna_lux

Did Anyone Include A Sponsor Letter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Did anyone include a Sponsor Letter with their application,  the letter mentioning how you met your spouse, relationship information, marriage, etc?

If so, is there any mandatory information that needs to be included in the letter besides the basics?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Not necessary 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If something were mandatory it would be in the instructions.

It's not possible to tell if they will care or not, if the evidence is organized well it might not matter.

I feel like if would have probably been more useful with paper filing because you can organize everything and that would maybe help to tell the story.

Probably similar to something like a cover letter.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to include it, but not something you should worry about.

I would advise you to include one. 

When my children went for their interview in Lagos, my sister took them. We had a joint sponsor.

The VO asked my sister what the relationship between the sponsor is to me and my husband. 

She she answered him that she doesn't know and that I or my husband will be in the best position to answer that. 

If the person going for the interview can answer the question then there won't be need. If someone would be representing you, then include it.

They are still on AP since February 2020, no additional information was asked of them. 

This is a good platform where you can learn from other people's experience and be a step ahead in your preparations. All the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Olu111 said:

I would advise you to include one. 

When my children went for their interview in Lagos, my sister took them. We had a joint sponsor.

The VO asked my sister what the relationship between the sponsor is to me and my husband. 

She she answered him that she doesn't know and that I or my husband will be in the best position to answer that. 

If the person going for the interview can answer the question then there won't be need. If someone would be representing you, then include it.

They are still on AP since February 2020, no additional information was asked of them. 

This is a good platform where you can learn from other people's experience and be a step ahead in your preparations. All the best.

they may have asked anyway to see what their response was. They should be aware of at least some info.

I'm not sure if the OP is talking about a sponsor for AOS or the Petitioner because they mention meeting their spouse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The OP is talking about Affidavits of Bona Fide relationship - letters from 3rd parties that states that the petitioner and beneficiary have a genuine marriage.

This type of evidence for a bona fide marriage is the weakest.  If you do not have other evidence, like comingling of finances, having common children, living together or having lived together, etc., then include it.  But realize it is not hard proof like joint bank account statements or having the spouse added to life insurance and work health insurance.  It is just some person saying that they think you guys are the real deal.

Filed: Timeline

I included a letter from myself (petitioner) that included a *brief* summary of our relationship (how we met, key dates, etc...) and more importantly an index of the materials I was sending in, along with affidavits of a bone fide relationship, to cover both of the things that have been mentioned in the thread. Neither are specifically required, and I wouldn’t try to use them in lieu of other stronger evidence, but it certainly didn’t hurt, either. 

I believe the OP is talking about a letter stating how they and the petition met and their relationship evolved.  The only embassy I've recalled needing such a thing was Vietnam but that was in the early 2000s.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.