supportdesk

K-1 Lawsuit has been filed in federal court today

203 posts in this topic

Received a reply from the consulate in China. From this and the phrasing in the update post “K visa applicants who are not plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo and who are not subject to COVID-related regional proclamations will continue to have their applications prioritized and processed in accordance with existing phased resumption of visa servicesguidance.”

is this implying non plantiffs will have to wait for PP to be canceled? Am I interpreting this correctly?

B4EB34E1-F448-404C-91EE-8A1BF050C5A3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Miko K said:

Received a reply from the consulate in China. From this and the phrasing in the update post “K visa applicants who are not plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo and who are not subject to COVID-related regional proclamations will continue to have their applications prioritized and processed in accordance with existing phased resumption of visa servicesguidance.”

is this implying non plantiffs will have to wait for PP to be canceled? Am I interpreting this correctly?

B4EB34E1-F448-404C-91EE-8A1BF050C5A3.jpeg

I think so. Some embassies have been working on non plaintiffs cases but I think most are only working on plaintiffs at the moment. Other embassies seem to just be ignoring all emails regarding the Milligan v Pompeo result

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ollieh97 said:

I think so. Some embassies have been working on non plaintiffs cases but I think most are only working on plaintiffs at the moment. Other embassies seem to just be ignoring all emails regarding the Milligan v Pompeo result

Guangzhou has chosen to ignore it...-_- I asked whether K1 interviews will start, will it be plaintiffs only or not even the plaintiffs. I'm OK with plaintiffs only - my concern is even that doesn't seem to be guaranteed.

Instead of the usual copy and paste response, they now tell me to go to https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/immigrant-visas/contact-us/immigrant-visa-unit-question/, which I did, it turns out to be a case-specific inquiry and gave me nothing, since my case is still at USCIS. But I was asking for genenral information and not specifically about my case, seems like they're dodging the question.

Edited by YueQian

5 hours ago, YueQian said:

Guangzhou has chosen to ignore it...-_- I asked whether K1 interviews will start, will it be plaintiffs only or not even the plaintiffs. I'm OK with plaintiffs only - my concern is even that doesn't seem to be guaranteed.

Instead of the usual copy and paste response, they now tell me to go to https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/immigrant-visas/contact-us/immigrant-visa-unit-question/, which I did, it turns out to be a case-specific inquiry and gave me nothing, since my case is still at USCIS. But I was asking for genenral information and not specifically about my case, seems like they're dodging the question.

The London embassy started to schedule interviews for a few plaintiffs yesterday, yet when I contacted them (I’m also a plaintiff) they told me that I would have to wait for routine processing to resume, and that I should check the travel state website, even though the travel state tells me to contact the embassy to schedule an interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Does anyone have information of the new K1 lawsuit that is going to be filed by the same lawyers?

I haven't seen any new post about that, so I hope it's okay to ask on this one. 😇

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ollieh97 said:

The London embassy started to schedule interviews for a few plaintiffs yesterday, yet when I contacted them (I’m also a plaintiff) they told me that I would have to wait for routine processing to resume, and that I should check the travel state website, even though the travel state tells me to contact the embassy to schedule an interview.

This is an absolute disgrace! What is the real problem? Have they laid too many people off?  K-1 visa recipients can't work right away. International flights land in various U.S airports every day. There shouldn't be any excuse. 😞

Timeline
10 hours ago, stuckonyou said:

Does anyone have information of the new K1 lawsuit that is going to be filed by the same lawyers?

I haven't seen any new post about that, so I hope it's okay to ask on this one. 😇

Follow the attorneys on Twitter for more information or join the Facebook group for Resume K1 Visas to keep up to date on lawsuit opportunities.

VJ deleted and banned several users for trying to inform and recruit plaintiffs for Milligan last time. 

23 hours ago, stuckonyou said:

Follow Greg Siskind on Twitter and ask him to put you on the list for potential plaintiffs

Timeline

Status update with the judge was earlier today. It was raised to the judge the .gov is still using the proclamations to refuse processing to non-plaintiffs in travel ban countries. When the judge pressed the lawyer about it, there was not an immediate coherent response - the judge did not seem thrilled they are still doing this.

Nothing spectacular happened, no more useful I have for this one today.

8 hours ago, supportdesk said:

Status update with the judge was earlier today. It was raised to the judge the .gov is still using the proclamations to refuse processing to non-plaintiffs in travel ban countries. When the judge pressed the lawyer about it, there was not an immediate coherent response - the judge did not seem thrilled they are still doing this.

Just curious, have you guys been assigned an interview date from Guangzhou yet as part of the plaintiff? We are on the waiting for P3 stage and are pondering if it will be worth joining or will we not get an interview until Feb anyways. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

Trying to decide whether or not we should join as plantiffs. 

Those of you who are plantiffs in one of the banned countries of the PP - Can you please update where your application is now and how the lawsuit has helped you? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, iwannabeskinny said:

Hi Everyone, 

Those of you who are plantiffs in one of the banned countries of the PP - Can you please update where your application is now and how the lawsuit has helped you? 

Thanks!

There are hundreds of posts concerning your question. You should be a part of those conversations. Use the blue search box up to the right and enter "K1 lawsuit" and you will have plenty to read and become educated on the topic. Lawyering up is a personal choice but with this added information you will be better equipped to answer your own question.  Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
18 hours ago, supportdesk said:

But can't the judge demand that they stop doing that? 😇

Either way... I wonder if it's any "point" in joining the lawsuit now. I emailed the lawyer and was put on a list to receive more information about it, so me and my fiancé will at least discuss it when we know more. But I'm thinking too that it was mentioned in the news not too long ago that several agencies within the Trump administration were talking about lifting the travel ban for Europe (and maybe Brazil too if I'm not mistaken)... it just feels like such a gamble either way and I don't know what the best thing to do is... 😶

Timeline

I have not been assigned an interview date yet as we have not yet mailed the p3 back to the consulate(tomorrow we will!).

I won't comment on should you join or not to avoid rulebreaking, but it's a gamble, yes. With that being said, I personally don't think the travel bans are going to be lifted ANYWHERE prior to Jan 20. The most realistic scenario I'd think is the government processes all non-plaintiffs in "banned" countries as a result of either A) more plaintiffs coming on board B) the US attorney gets through to them that what they are doing is (likely) still illegal. There's going to be another status conference with the judge, but that won't be until after the newyear.

But I hate speculating and we all know how unpredictable these people are.

Timeline
9 hours ago, iwannabeskinny said:

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks!

You probably aren't going to find as many plaintiffs on here as many of us were turned off by VJ's censorship of the lawsuit when we were trying to recruit as many people as possible to get on board and join the suit.

I recommend the Resume K1 Visa group on Facebook to find the most plaintiffs.

The majority of us have been moved on to the next stage of our visa adjudication this week, with interviews occurring from now through January l.

Hope that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.