Boiler

L.A. told to stay at home as much as possible as COVID-19 brings ‘new level of danger’

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-11-17/l-a-mayor-urges-residents-to-stay-home-as-covid-rages-unchecked

Officials are sounding the alarm about the rapid spread of the coronavirus and have warned that more restrictions could come, even a possible curfew.

Sounds pretty bad out there.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

how is this possible?  i thought only red states would have a surge from going to trump rallies.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is Governor Newsom planning a party in the area?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It is bad here, and making jokes about how bad it is in this county isn't very kind. We are having an explosion in cases for the same reasons other areas are -- people are tired of being careful. People are gathering with friends and family, they're holding weddings much larger than mine, they're acting like the virus isn't going to get them because it hasn't yet. This is foolish, but people are foolish. We did a decent job for quite a while in keeping cases from exploding -- people entering from California, Oregon and Washington have been exempt from many of the mandatory quarantines other states have in place -- but now they have. 

It's scary right now. Please have some compassion for us. As it stands we have had to upend our Thanksgiving celebrations, but being safe and well and alive for more celebrations next year and the years to come is far more important. Sending the best to you all, wherever you may be.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

how is this possible?  i thought only red states would have a surge from going to trump rallies.

We did that piece of disinformation come from?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

We did that piece of disinformation come from?

not disinformation for starters.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Probably being watching too much CNN

The talking points is that this Trump's fault and he is stopping it being addressed properly

So how does that work in California?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

not disinformation for starters.

There is no political or geographic boundary to this infection. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that a small lack of compliance in a heavily populated area can have dramatic impacts. 

You can see a per capita surge in infections in "red statee" that was avoidable, the governor of south dakota is behaving immorally with her virus denialism.  

Any rational adult understands that this disease is lethal and that gathering in groups, not wearing masks and not staying 6 feet apart poses a serious threat. People who cannot listen to those basic facts or who hear it and gather in large groups anyway, are acting irrationally, selfishly or both. 

Edited by CanAm1980

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

There is no political or geographic boundary to this infection. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that a small lack of compliance in a heavily populated area can have dramatic impacts. 

You can see a per capita surge in infections in "red statee" that was avoidable, the governor of south dakota is behaving immorally with her virus denialism.  

Any rational adult understands that this disease is lethal and that gathering in groups, not wearing masks and not staying 6 feet apart poses a serious threat. People who cannot listen to those basic facts or who hear it and gather in large groups anyway, are acting irrationally, selfishly or both. 

That is not what was being said last week in this very forum.  How soon we forget, but the accusation was all the hot spots were due to Trump holding his rallys in battleground states.  Don't remember Trump ever going to CA for a rally, but Newsom certainly has different rules for himself.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

So the Media narrative that it is Trump's fault is fake news?

What Newsom did was dumb. It did not violate restrictions, but it looked dumb and tone deaf. He had more people at that stupid dinner than I got to have at my wedding. I am still irritated by this. 

But what are we supposed to do here, pretend our numbers aren't going up? Just tell everyone to rip off their masks and breathe free and party on, dude? I follow the science -- the science says masks work (yes, they do, and now there is research saying they protect the wearer, too), social distancing works, hygiene works. I do these things, my family does these things. We feel an obligation to care for each other as we do ourselves. We feel an obligation to care for our neighbors, too. Maybe it's just the way I was brought up, but I was taught to care for my neighbors as I would myself. I would LOVE to have my big reception and dance and sing and get drunk and hug everyone. I'd love that to happen ASAP. But ASAP is not now. I have self-control. Apparently plenty of people around me don't.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So the Media narrative that it is Trump's fault is fake news?

People need to take personal responsibility for their actions and not pin their choices on what leader x or y does. He is just one man.

Would it be nice to have a president that could model adult behavior and promote mask wearing, listening to medical professionals and not politicizing this topic? Yes and if you were ever expecting moral leadership from him, you should have known better.

Trump has done what he could to shepard the vaccine through, not a failure there. There were missteps on ppe and equipment, recovering there. I give him an F for showing leadership in most of the other areas that would help get this disease under control. Am I shocked? Yes, Surprised? No.

Timeline
1 minute ago, CanAm1980 said:

People need to take personal responsibility for their actions and not pin their choices on what leader x or y does. He is just one man.

Would it be nice to have a president that could model adult behavior and promote mask wearing, listening to medical professionals and not politicizing this topic? Yes and if you were ever expecting moral leadership from him, you should have known better.

Trump has done what he could to shepard the vaccine through, not a failure there. There were missteps on ppe and equipment, recovering there. I give him an F for showing leadership in most of the other areas that would help get this disease under control. Am I shocked? Yes, Surprised? No.

So what leadership could he have shown in CA?